Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can reving a stang set off car alarms?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 10:26 PM
07musclemustang
4th Gear Member

if we are talkin a enzo... never seen one in person, or a scagletit, or even a 599 well duhh we are talkin mystical machines that most of us will never see. little lone race. im talkin the ferrari you could actually line up with..
as i said bring it on... if they bring it and i lose.. guess i owe him a beer.. but i tell you to hear the rear of that italian at WOT its worth it.
anyways ease off. A Bolt full bolt on N/A S197 could handle there own against most exotics who will actually run it.. Aslong as driver and tires allow
Old 02-16-2009, 10:27 PM
07musclemustang
4th Gear Member

ok eagle stroker... what elevation???
Old 02-16-2009, 10:32 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07musclemustang
ok eagle stroker... what elevation???
The point is this is a stupid pissing contest. Your arguing in a "can your set off car alarm thread" take it to OT or strip/street if you wanna duke it out with someone/everyone.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:53 PM
Red Beast
4th Gear Member

if you want a loud sound that will set off car alarms, get a shaker ram air hood and slp loudmouths... ive seen that tear up some sound waves
Old 02-16-2009, 10:58 PM
07musclemustang
4th Gear Member

eagle stroker, you are a joke, IMO your nothing more then a ricer who pays a shop to build him a car. HPTV built your car, NOT YOU!
Pissing contest? maybe? what do you do for a living? do you work on automobiles of any kind day in day out? I do! BIG ****! 1/4 milion dollar trucks to be exact
I am a fan of this forum, I have tried others but have found that this forum has the best selection of intelligent, knowledgeable people.
Its sad that when someone can make a statement that can easily be backed up by stats that yes a stock GT can beat a ferrari, (maybe a few but still a ferrari) gets jumped on by others....
stoner, as a fellow canadian.. wow i would expect a little back.
anyways where i come from talk is cheap as (opinons are like ********.. *******) bring it to the track. Ive made a mockary of many before and yes ive lost alot.. picking fights that i nor you could win
all that being said im expecting high 12s this year 12.7-12.9 with my mods todate on DR's and if that should be good for a mid 12 elevation corrected run.
anyways, sorry to **** people off but not my intention bu KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT BEFORE YOU OPEN YOUR MOUTH
if you wanna talk modded well thats a different story... hell i know a modded MACK diesel in a BIG RIG TRACTOR 10 wheeler that runs 10.6 so yeah mods make a difference.
I just simply stated bring it on ferrari and people jumpped on me WTF?
call it defensive but yeah i talk **** but back it up most the time
Eagle stroker.... BUILD THE **** YOURSELF before i ever care about what you say
Old 02-16-2009, 11:00 PM
07musclemustang
4th Gear Member

BTW you have 2000ft elevation difference from memphis to here eagle stroker
Old 02-16-2009, 11:46 PM
Radiating

Smile

The point of my original post was that it was directed at the OP thinking's where he's all cocky that Exotics are better than Mustangs, which is far from true, because even a GT500 KR or a Saleen JDM 500 or a Extreme which are little more than stock cars can destroy F360's and F430s in all aspects, however the underlying point is that being cocky is lame.

While I respect that you're willing to have fun with any car and take them on, the fact is that your car isn't set up to be better than them (and few lowly close to stock GT's are). It's the other driver's loss and nothing much to boast about, and I can really shake you up by pointing this out:

I've got a video of me in my last car, a Silver Cobalt SS (15 second) beating a Yellow F360 Coupe on the street (12.5 second). What happened was the other guy wasn't driving right and we did it twice even.

Bring it if you got it, but you gotta have it, and you know don't be cocky both for or against exotics.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:55 PM
07musclemustang
4th Gear Member

please accept that i appreciate any exotic for what they are! beautiful pices of art
i perfer my stang that i can "rape" and every now and then beat an exotic woth 2-6 times as much.
I whole hartedly agree is a modded stang as good all round a your bottom of the line ferrari.... NO! but can I take them in the 1/4? Im damn sure gonna try!
As i said before in the twisties.. (brakes, steering, chasis, computer, IRS, ect) vrs us... If I can take em in a 1/4 im happy! stop to go.. lets go baby
Old 02-16-2009, 11:56 PM
miloman
3rd Gear Member

I purposely do this to my neighbor all the time. Funny........early in the morning, late at night, sometimes with him even sitting on his front porch smoking. I'm sure it pisses him and others off, but the sound of car alarms pisses me off.

Edit: BTW, it's really cool when you don't even have to rev to set them off!

Last edited by miloman; 02-16-2009 at 11:58 PM.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:01 AM
07musclemustang
4th Gear Member

ha ha yeah but sometimes i wonder if karma would come back and i **** someone off enough that they get drunk enough to key my car?
not worth it IMO
i try to be as quiet as i can around home.. Showing off on the other hand.... another situatuion.. and the wife useually keeps me in check but still i love setting random alarms off or making some ricers feel slow..
ever noticed how they say "but you got 8 cylinders"

Quick Reply: Can reving a stang set off car alarms?