Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hesitation when hot. please help

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 09:45 AM
One Bad Stang
4th Gear Member

Default hesitation when hot. please help

so i have an annoying hesitation problem. it only happens when i have been cruising for a couple minuts in the same gear. a good example would be; i'm driving an the highway for a few minuts it 5th gear, then i go to accellerate in the same gear, and it seems to hesitate, kind of like bogging down for 1-2 seconds, then it will go.

if i lift my foot off the gas pedal completely, then accellerate, it will not happen, but unless i completely lift my foot, it bogs down and then accellerates. i took it to the dealer a while back, and they replaced the throtle body, but that didnt fix it. i have a feeling they couldnt duplicate it but put a part on anyway.

anyone else have this sort of issue? any known fixes for this? it's really annoying, especially on road trips.

thanks.

-Tony
Old 02-28-2009, 12:53 PM
rdsx18
4th Gear Member

Talk to Brenspeed, I see you have it tuned by them so they might be able to fix it by tweaking the tune some.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:02 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Look up the TSB pertaining to the fuel pump, hesitation after long cruise......seems to be caused by bubbles in the fuel caused by the fuel pump......

Mike
Old 03-02-2009, 12:20 AM
One Bad Stang
4th Gear Member

i looked at it, and unless i read it wrong, it doesnt apply to 2007 year cars. just 2005 & 2006. i wish it did apply to mine, then it would be an easy fix because the symptoms are the same.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:33 PM
owero01
5th Gear Member

Take it to the dealer under the TSB anyway. You could have gotten a fuel pump from the 05-06 series.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:21 PM
One Bad Stang
4th Gear Member

do you just go in and say "i would like you to do this TSB i found on the internet"? how does that work? usually at my dealer (not ford) when customers look up their own tsb information, they are wrong and it does not apply to their car. but i dont know how ford is with that stuff though.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:04 AM
thedrod
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by One Bad Stang
do you just go in and say "i would like you to do this TSB i found on the internet"? how does that work? usually at my dealer (not ford) when customers look up their own tsb information, they are wrong and it does not apply to their car. but i dont know how ford is with that stuff though.
I had this happen on my 06. I printed the tsb and handed it to them. They said they would have to reproduce the problem. I said ok well will you sign a document saying that if I pull out in traffic in front of a truck like I did yesterday and the car won't go, and if I get killed or hurt; that you will admit I told you I had a known problem and you refused to fix it?

I got my car back that evening and they didn't even put 1 mile on it.

FYI my friend experienced it on his 2007 and they fixed it too.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:51 AM
Red Beast
4th Gear Member

i say its a prob with the throttle body, either its stickin or the sensor is fouled... did they replace it with a stock TB?
Old 03-03-2009, 06:09 AM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rdsx18
Talk to Brenspeed, I see you have it tuned by them so they might be able to fix it by tweaking the tune some.
I agree, but if you go the stealership you'd better install the stock tune and airbox first!
Old 03-03-2009, 07:21 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mlcrycc
Look up the TSB pertaining to the fuel pump, hesitation after long cruise......seems to be caused by bubbles in the fuel caused by the fuel pump......

Mike
+1

Although written for the '05's and '06's, it is known to apply to '07's also. The forum has spoken.

Quick Reply: hesitation when hot. please help