Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gt 500 spoiler: The Spoiler Store

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 07:50 AM
Misbehavin
2nd Gear Member

I got mine from the spoiler store and paint match was spot on but the finish left something to be desired. The good thing though was it has plenty of clear coat so you can wet sand w/ 2000 grit and rub it out w/ a 3M polishing material.
I must have come out pretty well on mine. It had less orange peel than the factory paint. Mine isn't the worst case of orange peel from the factory, but there is some present.

Seems like orange peel is standard equipment on cars nowadays...
Old 02-02-2010, 08:55 AM
SnakeHandler

Thanks everyone for the input and responses. I really appreciate it!
We are talking about these two holes per side, correct?

Thanks again!!
Old 02-02-2010, 12:49 PM
Metroshica
2nd Gear Member

I also can vouch for the spoiler, I put mine on last week and I'm loving it. Finish was great, installation wasn't too hard. It did take about 2 hours though to get the adhesive off, I just used a credit card to get the majority of it off, then went to town with a rag and some goo gone. I did rub down my fingers quite a bit, they were hurting for a couple days afterward. You do not need more than just the two holes, that's all I used and it turned out great and stable. Make sure you line up the holes right though when you push it down with the 3m tape, I was off by like 1/8th of an inch, so it took my friend basically hanging on it to line it up right for the screws. Good luck though, completely changes the look of the car, especially if you bought the car with a huge ricer wing like me. I have more pics in my sig if you want to see how it looks on my car.

Here's TacoBill's write up on how to install the spoiler, worked great for me, and you can always trust TacoBill Taco Bill Installation Guide
Old 02-02-2010, 12:59 PM
68ss350
2nd Gear Member

now i want one of these..... $95 that's so cheap!!!! Pull the pin and grab one of those sexy spoilers
Old 02-02-2010, 02:59 PM
LegendLives
4th Gear Member

UPDATE: A helpful hint... when you pull on the red backing from the 3M tape don't take it off just pull it off enough so as to protrude out the side of the spoiler. Do that at all the ends and when your ready place down carefully so its barely sticking, make sure its where you want it. Now pull the backing out from under spoiler and then press down like hell...lol
Old 02-02-2010, 06:36 PM
Misbehavin
2nd Gear Member

We are talking about these two holes per side, correct?
That's your two factory holes, the hole towards the front on each side will not be used. The optional hole would require you to drill between those holes and the side of the decklid.

I did rub down my fingers quite a bit, they were hurting for a couple days afterward.
Amen brother! That's by far the worst part!
Old 02-02-2010, 09:58 PM
SnakeHandler

Thanks again All!!
Old 02-03-2010, 02:07 AM
Metroshica
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by LegendLives
UPDATE: A helpful hint... when you pull on the red backing from the 3M tape don't take it off just pull it off enough so as to protrude out the side of the spoiler. Do that at all the ends and when your ready place down carefully so its barely sticking, make sure its where you want it. Now pull the backing out from under spoiler and then press down like hell...lol
Good tip, would've save me a ton of headaches I had during the installation process, make sure you line up your holes before you put the spoiler on!!! That 3m adhesive is strong stuff.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:17 AM
black 05 gt
1st Gear Member

i was thinking about buying one also to finish off my gt500 conversion. was leary at first, but now i will have to buy one after seeing everyones comments.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:56 PM
SnakeHandler

Hi All,

Did you all use the screws that came with the new spoiler for the existing holes, or use the original threaded studs and nuts that came off the old spoiler? I noticed that they do screw in as well.

Thanks!!!

Quick Reply: Gt 500 spoiler: The Spoiler Store