Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gt 500 spoiler: The Spoiler Store

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 03:59 PM
brcrane14

I can also say that I am a happy Spoiler Store customer. Mine arrived at my doorstep about a week after ordering. The spoiler was in perfect condition and the paint was identical.

I did use the tip about lining up the spoiler and only pulling about an inch of the red tape back and to the side. Then one it was in, i pulled the rest of the tape backing off an pressed down. Definitely a lifesaver tip for someone doing the install themselves like I was.

Snake, I used the bolts that came with the spoiler. Those 2 screws along with the tape have that spoiler cemented down!
Old 04-10-2010, 12:30 AM
SnakeHandler

Thanks brcrane14!!
Old 04-10-2010, 04:12 PM
tjr1973
1st Gear Member

Alright guys...have had my spoiler from the Spoiler Store for about a week and a half but had a trip to Vegas to do so it got put on hold. Decided to put it on today and after getting the old one off, I saw the issue with old tape. If you have an electric drill or air drill, forget goo gone. Go to your local parts store and buy a 3M Part # 07498 Stripe Off Wheel with Attachment Hardware. Put it in the electric or "slow" air drill. I had every bit of that old adhesive completely off the deck lid in under 2 minutes and that's the honest truth. The stripe off wheel kit cost around eleven dollars. You can still use Goo Gone or something similar to clean up residue after you are done.

Now came the tricky part since I was by myself. I set the spoiler on the deck lid and carefully opened it holding it in place. I then started the two bolts that came with it, just barely enough to hold it. I was then able to pull the spoiler away from the deck lid and peel off the tape backing with a pair of needle nose pliers. Touch one side down with a small amount of pressure just on the end. Go the other side and pull the last piece of backing off and do the same. Tighten bolts and done.

Just on a side note, the spoiler I got from the spoiler store was a good one the first go around and I'm happy with everything about it. Also installed a magnetic black out panel on the deck lid at the same time. Now I'm going to put it on the rack and change the rear differential fluid out. Hope that people read up on the stripe off wheel kit. I don't know about you guys, but I'll gladly spend eleven dollars to save an hour or two.

Happy Modding
Old 03-21-2011, 04:01 PM
Back@itagain

I know I am resurrecting an old thread with my first post, but to any of you guys that did not drill holes inyour deck lid to use the additional two screws, have you noticed the 3M tape on the outside edges not fully sticking?

Thanks
Old 03-22-2011, 08:05 AM
suttanstyle
2nd Gear Member

If anyone's interested, I'm upgrading my rear end in the next month and will have my spoiler for sale.

It's UA black and has some minor swirl marks that will buff out with a little elbow grease.

I'm thinking $20 plus $10 shipping anywhere in the US is a pretty good price?
Old 03-22-2011, 11:36 AM
V8 VOL
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Back@itagain
I know I am resurrecting an old thread with my first post, but to any of you guys that did not drill holes inyour deck lid to use the additional two screws, have you noticed the 3M tape on the outside edges not fully sticking?

Thanks
Yes, only a very small portion of the tape is holding on from the strip of 3m tape on the outsides. I have pushed and pushed but it wont fully stick, it wont go anywhere so I wouldnt worry....
Old 03-22-2011, 01:17 PM
suttanstyle
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by V8 VOL
Yes, only a very small portion of the tape is holding on from the strip of 3m tape on the outsides. I have pushed and pushed but it wont fully stick, it wont go anywhere so I wouldnt worry....
Same thing happened to me, but I can't tell if it's causing vibration with my exhaust?

Don't have to worry about that anymore, I'm installing my Saleen rear bumper kit and exhaust in about a month or two.