Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LTs for everyone!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 01:32 PM
rford426
4th Gear Member

any updates?
Old 03-16-2009, 02:22 PM
rdsx18
4th Gear Member

I'm interested, seeing as Boost Brothers is local to me. Actually they wanted to test fit a turbo kit on my car for $600 and they took forever to email me answers (didn't even answer some) to my questions. Eventually they said they were ready, asked if I had fabrication skills, then never responded to my email back. I personally wouldn't buy from them, but I wonder how their product is.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:00 PM
kingsofcrunk
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by rdsx18
I'm interested, seeing as Boost Brothers is local to me. Actually they wanted to test fit a turbo kit on my car for $600 and they took forever to email me answers (didn't even answer some) to my questions. Eventually they said they were ready, asked if I had fabrication skills, then never responded to my email back. I personally wouldn't buy from them, but I wonder how their product is.
They have been more than prompt to answering all my needs. I guess since they are still a small company that maybe sometimes they get overwhelmed and just can't answer all their questions.

Again, the headers go on Tuesday (tomorrow 03/17/09). I got the motor mounts from ebay for $125 shipped. O2 extensions were from Brenspeed, and stage 8 header bolts from ebay as well. I will keep everyone updated on how well they go in and how they perform.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:36 AM
KLO
3rd Gear Member

Woooo I'm excited for you kingsofcrunk. Quick question, you take them somewhere to get coated? I am interested to see what happens when the pipes heat up. The will discolor but I don't think that bare steel will look good like polished steel when it gets heated. I am also curious if the headers will develop surface rust. Keep us posted and take some pics!
Old 03-17-2009, 10:24 AM
rshamekh
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kingsofcrunk
They have been more than prompt to answering all my needs. I guess since they are still a small company that maybe sometimes they get overwhelmed and just can't answer all their questions.

Again, the headers go on Tuesday (tomorrow 03/17/09). I got the motor mounts from ebay for $125 shipped. O2 extensions were from Brenspeed, and stage 8 header bolts from ebay as well. I will keep everyone updated on how well they go in and how they perform.
I found them on ebay for $50, are they worth the price?
Can I find them cheaper elsewhere?
Old 03-17-2009, 01:13 PM
kingsofcrunk
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by KLO
Woooo I'm excited for you kingsofcrunk. Quick question, you take them somewhere to get coated? I am interested to see what happens when the pipes heat up. The will discolor but I don't think that bare steel will look good like polished steel when it gets heated. I am also curious if the headers will develop surface rust. Keep us posted and take some pics!
Sadly, no, I didn't get them coated. I do wanna see what the end result will be down the road. They are stainless steel, not mild steel, so hopefully if anything just a little surface rust. I don't think they will rust through, and if they do, not for a long time. I did drop the car off today, should be done this week. I will keep everyone up to date on it. Pics as soon as its done

Originally Posted by rshamekh
I found them on ebay for $50, are they worth the price?
Can I find them cheaper elsewhere?
I'm really not sure. All the guys here told me to get them, so I did. That's also the same price I paid, although I think I found them on Jegs for a few bucks less.
Old 03-17-2009, 02:54 PM
bolivianpimp
4th Gear Member

How much are you paying for install? and what is yoru breakdown total to date?
Old 03-17-2009, 03:31 PM
kingsofcrunk
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bolivianpimp
How much are you paying for install? and what is yoru breakdown total to date?
I'm paying $500 to get them installed. If you mean the breakdown of the cost so far, it's as follows:

Boost Brothers LT's with o/r H, metal gaskets, and all hardware - $300 shipped (a steal!)
4 O2 extensions (from American Muscle) - $65.78 (including forum discount)
Stage 8 header bolts (from ebay) - $44.95
Prothane Motor Mounts (from ebay) - $125.99
Installation - $500

Total: $1036.72 (that's if the shop doesn't charge tax on the install )

Not bad for headers + all parts and installation
Old 03-17-2009, 05:05 PM
bolivianpimp
4th Gear Member

Funny how only 30% of that was for the actual part? 50% is just install!!! Lol . Are you going to have a before and after dyno to see how much it adds? Will you need a tune?
Old 03-17-2009, 05:31 PM
kingsofcrunk
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bolivianpimp
Funny how only 30% of that was for the actual part? 50% is just install!!! Lol . Are you going to have a before and after dyno to see how much it adds? Will you need a tune?
I know, but they usually sell the LT's for about $450 shipped on ebay. He cut a few of us a deal b/c they are about to make a new batch, and guessing it was kind of an unofficial group buy. The only reason I went through with LT's already is b/c of the cost. Now, the car already has a 91 tune from Brenspeed. I called them, and they advised it should not need new tuning as the original tune already turned off the rear O2 sensors. But if I have problems to just call them. There's a town 40 miles from here that a few of my friends live in who are opening up a dyno, gunna charge $30 for 3 pulls as a grand opening special. So ill get it dynod then. I won't get a before, unfortunately.

Quick Reply: LTs for everyone!