Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Automatic Shifter Handle Repacement - About time

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 03:00 PM
Hootna
3rd Gear Member

Got your note and appreciate you getting me set up with a shifter boot with red stitching. Now that is service just from reading my post.

I am stoked and cant wait for delivery.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:11 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hootna
...I am getting a custom made shifter ball that says "Manual's Suck" so everyone knows.
That's funny... I was thinking about getting a custom made shifter ball that says "Autos Suck 'cuz Manuals are SO MUCH MORE FUN TO DRIVE" but the ball would have be too big...
Old 03-25-2009, 03:16 PM
SikO7GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
That's funny... I was thinking about getting a custom made shifter ball that says "Autos Suck 'cuz Manuals are SO MUCH MORE FUN TO DRIVE" but the ball would have be too big...
Lol that would be a very big ball or very small print!!

I love my manual and they are really fun to drive!!
Old 03-25-2009, 03:50 PM
whyask
3rd Gear Member

Charlie thanks for getting to Hootna...im sure there will be more ! Ill be ordering soon once i get another payday from the wife LOL
Old 03-25-2009, 03:58 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by blk281gt
Hi, i just joined MOCSEM Saturday at the swap meet.I was at a booth with April. You can come and look at it and drive it anytime.
HaHa I just answered your PM and then I see this. I've had some medical issues and didn't see the swap meet. But I'll be out when I can. Thanks.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:10 PM
ShadyNinja
4th Gear Member

here we go again,
autos vs man.
Old 03-25-2009, 05:43 PM
whyask
3rd Gear Member

its not really auto vs man. its just nice to see SOMEONE actual have a product for us auto guys... TCI is trying dont get me wrong but three month wait WFT come on! There needs to be more quick witted folks out there to design a product for us auto guys.! Trust me every day at some point I would love to have a manual, BUT my 2 hour comute in city traffic would kill my leg....Gota thank Iraq and shrapnal for that one !
Old 03-25-2009, 07:08 PM
chain1
4th Gear Member

I'm still waiting for a replacement part for my manual shifter that makes it look like an auto. Weird that there's no market for it....
Old 03-25-2009, 07:18 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

First of all I want to say if I could I would own a standard transmission but since I have a problem with my leg I cant use a clutch.

Anyway been waiting for someone to come out with a shifter that replaces the cheap looking stock T handle. Now I dont think that it looks all that bad but it just looks really cheap.

TCI has the ratchet shifter but I do not see much of a benefit and it kind of looks ugly.

Anyway just happened upon a new product the other day. This replaces your T handle with a reqular shift handle and a boot. This way you can run a standard shift ****. Anyway figure I would try it out and would let other folks know there is an option.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...r-ready-2.html
Funny you linked that as I just talked with a new member on here that was trying to sell one!
Originally Posted by wingman75
Not sure I like the look. I'd have to see one installed before I'd considered it. Interesting idea though.

Funny thing, I typed in my zip and found out that guy is 3 miles from my house. I'll have to go check it out.
Yeah he is close to me as well and I believe we have crossed paths!
Originally Posted by blk281gt
Hi, i just joined MOCSEM Saturday at the swap meet.I was at a booth with April. You can come and look at it and drive it anytime.
There he is!....wondered when you would see this thread
Got your note and appreciate you getting me set up with a shifter boot with red stitching. Now that is service just from reading my post.

I am stoked and cant wait for delivery.
Assuming the note was from this guy?(blk281gt) Hope you like the new shifter and post up pics when installed!
Old 03-25-2009, 07:49 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

blk281gt PM's sent be sure to check the 2nd one

Quick Reply: Automatic Shifter Handle Repacement - About time