Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Its crickets for the 2010 in my town

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 09:11 AM
RedRave
1st Gear Member

Default Its crickets for the 2010 in my town

So im talking to my salesman about the f150 truck lease thats about over and asked him about the 2010 mustang. I asked him about the brochure for the 2010 as i love to collect them and was shocked to hear him say i was the first person ever to ask about the 2010. He tells me all his stang buyers didnt even ask about it at all. This is a town of over 250,000 with another 200,000 close by called the golden triangle on canada. He then tells me he's going to get them in a few weeks with the brochure but not in any real rush either. All i gota say is wow. The camaro is insane retarded trying to get as there all spoken for here and any srt8 thats for sale is at a huge premium price. I knew it was going to slower as the current style mustang has been around since 2005 but with the new change's i didnt expect this little interest. Whats the interest like in your city's?

Last edited by RedRave; 03-29-2009 at 01:44 PM.
Old 03-30-2009, 02:46 PM
amptor
2nd Gear Member

I don't think the Camaro is going to take over the Mustang sales. They are both cool cars, but GM waited too long. Also look at Chrysler's offering, they not only took too long but they put a really ugly interior. I rarely ever see those on the freeway. To me, 2009 is the last year the good S197's are out. Gotta wait til the next body design to see if something cool comes out again.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:53 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

IMO, Ford should have waited until the new drivetrains were ready to update the Mustang. I know they wanted to have something to avoid losing all public interests to the Camaro and Challenger for 2010, but if 2011 does bring the new 5.0 for the GT and a better motor for the base model, how many dealerships are gonna be stuck with 2010's that they can't give away?

Either way, the Camaro and Challenger's arrival will most likely steal a fair bit of the Mustang's thunder until the 2010 models start hitting the dealerships. Once ppl get a chance to look at, sit in, and drive the new Stangs I think they will sell fairly well. Especially when ppl find out how much cheaper it will be to get behind the wheel of one compared to the Camaro and Challenger (one way that the Camaro and Challenger hoopla could work towards potential 2010 Mustang buyers.....much better deals to be had).
Old 04-01-2009, 08:48 PM
FordEngineer
2nd Gear Member

Ford will be releasing a few new powertrains next model year (EcoBoost twin turbo among them for some vehicle lines). But remember that they're in the middle of re-vamping their entire lineup: cars, trucks, SUVs, crossovers, you name it. I think part of the strategy is to keep interest high by releasing new things to make the vehicles even better as time goes on, in between major body revisions. If the 5.0 wasn't ready when the rest of the vehicle was, it seems to fit right into that strategy.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:20 PM
8178A
3rd Gear Member

I’m afraid the 2010 Mustang is going to hit the market with a big thud!

When I saw the first 2005 Mustang picture I was absolutely smitten with it. Ford did such a perfect job with it I just had to have one. I had to wait until the 2007s to get one but loved it so much that I got another one when the 2009s came out. Ford somehow missed the magic with the 2010s. I expect the sales will be dismal and Ford cannot afford that in this economy.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:54 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

I disagree /\/\/\

There were just as many (if not more) vocal haters for the 05 bodystyle (amongst the Mustang community) when it first came out in 04....and the S197 still sold quite well. And there are plenty of THOSE ppl (those who never cared for the first gen S197 body) who like the 2010 changes. So that's a whole new market of buyers that Ford is gaining with the restyle. Plus, the added refinement...vastly improved interior, and abundance of interior and convenience feature options will certainly draw in alot of new prospective buyers as well. Too many of you assume this car will flop because Ford "messed up" the styling. Look at how many ppl go out everyday and buy butt-ugly cars because it has all the "features" or performance that they want.....I think they could do worse than a 2010 Mustang. And be discontent over the 2010's looks if you like, but it's still a good looking car.

Last edited by ThisBlood147; 04-01-2009 at 10:10 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:04 PM
jtstakelin
2nd Gear Member

I really like the '10 model. I just couldn't pass up $3250 in rebates and getting the car 500 below invoice! I feel no regrets. Maybe in about 5 years I will pick up the last year of the new s197
Old 04-02-2009, 05:13 AM
99RedStang
2nd Gear Member

To all those 2010 haters: Ya know, there are a lot of people (including myself) that really like the looks of the new stang. Newsflash! Your opinion of it being ugly is not a general one. Some people hate it, some people like it. Regardless, the Mustang is not going to fail. It will continue to sell very well.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:07 PM
belairs197
1st Gear Member

the new mustang looks nice, not really that much difference between the s197 and the new 2010 but i have to say that i am very dissapointed that ford decided to recycle the same engine. not that i am dissapointed with the engine itself but at least keep up with the competition. the new camaro v6 is putting down the same power that our v8 is! come on ford! turn some wrenches and make it happen!
Old 04-02-2009, 06:21 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

I maybe wrong in saying this but a town of 250,000 people is not that much. Compare it to the US and we have some cities that have over 7 million people and surrounding cities that have well over 1/2 million people. With the economy in CA and the US- I would not doubt that the people in Canada (your area at least) have not inquired about the 2010. Many previous stang owners just mod the 05+ and many hate the new model....(I think it is just a shock to the design and many resist change until ready to accept it). I love the new body style and really would jump at the chance for the new GT500!!!!!! that is a beast!

I have a brochure from my dealer (local) and live in a township (we have villages, twps, and cities etc that all mean different size populations of people living in that area) and have about 90,000 families that live in this township and its already available........ I think its more about location and less about numbers of people in that location as to when the cars and the availibility of them or the brochures. this is JMO

Quick Reply: Its crickets for the 2010 in my town