Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My GT500 conversion......DONE!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 06:09 PM
Andretti
2nd Gear Member

Talking My GT500 conversion......DONE!!

Well, it seems like its been along time coming. I ordered and received the parts way back in November, and did a 10hour round trip drive to get my TruFiber hood not long after.

The car has been parked for winter till two weeks ago when the painter called for it saying he was finally ready to work on it.

He prepped and painted the new front end and hood and then put new 10" white dual stripes on the entire car with a clear coat on top.

The only remaining work needed to be done is to put the 'GT' emblems back on the fenders (when the dealer gets some in stock) and put the front end splitter on when I receive the bolts that Keven Casey is sending me from Cal today along with the Tri-Bar Pony emblem to go in the front top valence. I also still need to install a windshield wiper spray relocation kit too, but I am waiting on it to arrive as well.

Here it is finished. I still need to spend a day or two cleaning it up, and removing any leftover polishing compound. I didnt take any pictures of it yet, but the painter had the idea of painting the underside of the heat extracters flat black and it looks really cool too. Oh, and we added mud flaps to the rear wheel wells and will be adding those to the front in a week or so too. You cant see them now due to the angle I took the pics from.

When I get the chance on a sunny day here in the next few days and after I get the remaining parts on, I'll post them too. The hood pin mod as pascal did them will be done later this summer, so I'll be sticking with the way we did it for now.

Over all, I would say on a scale of 1 to 10, I'm satisfied to about a 12. I was considering (while it was at the painter) continuing the stripes down the rest of the hood, but am now really glad I decided to wait. I highly doubt now that I ever will continue the stripes now as I think this gives the car that much more of an 'attitude'.

Lemme know what you think. I know I'm totally stoked and couldnt be happier with the conversion.

Thanks for all the help and advice to get this done. It has been really appreciated.

Andretti
Old 04-01-2009, 06:11 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Very nice and welcome to the club.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:11 PM
ab
2nd Gear Member

WOW nice.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:12 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Now, how about the beaty next to the Stang? Lets see some of her.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:15 PM
AMoRT
3rd Gear Member

WOW that looks amazing. Congrats and nice job

I'll be the first to say... next mod: lowering springs
Old 04-01-2009, 06:26 PM
wolfie
1st Gear Member

Damn!!! That looks very nice.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:26 PM
Andretti
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MELLOWYELLOW06
Now, how about the beaty next to the Stang? Lets see some of her.
haha...thats my dads fully restored 1960 Dodge Matador. He had one when he got out of the military, but eventually sold it. He tracked another one down 5 years ago and did a frame off restoration over the last few years. It, quite honestly, is one of the most incredible cars I've ever seen now that its restored. Supposedly, there are only 5 or so left in the world. I set up a car domain page for him on the car showing what it looked like when he purchased it to now with the restoration complete. If you want to look, the link is here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2629781

We started to take alot more photos, but with the weather so overcast, I told him I'll just shoot a few and when the weather is nicer we will really do them up.

Here is one of the better shots of them both from the back.

Andretti

Last edited by Andretti; 04-01-2009 at 10:32 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:27 PM
Doogie65
4th Gear Member

Looks great Andretti! Congrats...
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMoRT
I'll be the first to say... next mod: lowering springs
feel the same way but didnt want to ruin your excitement.
Smooth_J
4th Gear Member

Nice and wow ...I am speechless

Quick Reply: My GT500 conversion......DONE!!