Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CLEAR BRA / ARE YOU SATISFIED ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 08:11 PM
mike_kinda
1st Gear Member

Default CLEAR BRA / ARE YOU SATISFIED ?

Hy everyone, i'm thinking of getting the clear bra done to my front bumper. To those of you that have it, are you happy with the results or is it a waste of money...Thanks to those who reply.................
Old 04-02-2009, 08:23 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

very happy!

my only suggestion is to make sure that the person installing it knows exactly what they are doing. I made several trips to his shop and he made several trips to my house...but it is now perfect.

check out my "for sale" link in my signature...from there I have the clear bra that was installed on my car listed, including the website. Proform was the only company that completely covered the front bumper from top to bottom, side to side and including the pillars next to the headlights. he also covered my headlights & fog lights with the film left over from the pattern.

PM me if you have any questions what-so-ever
Old 04-02-2009, 08:40 PM
Johnboy7701
4th Gear Member

sorry your getting rid of the stang, but I heard what your getting instead so I dont feel sorry... best of luck to you, and clear bra is very good as long as they fade it into the paint well by a professional... I need some for my CDC Aggressive, its got a ton of chips in just a few months...
Old 04-02-2009, 08:42 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Originally Posted by 05 Mustang
very happy!

my only suggestion is to make sure that the person installing it knows exactly what they are doing. I made several trips to his shop and he made several trips to my house...but it is now perfect.

check out my "for sale" link in my signature...from there I have the clear bra that was installed on my car listed, including the website. Proform was the only company that completely covered the front bumper from top to bottom, side to side and including the pillars next to the headlights. he also covered my headlights & fog lights with the film left over from the pattern.

WHAT the ...your selling your car Cameron?...if I did not click the link in your sig I would have thought you were doing a favor for someone else. I had half a mind to remove the link and the FS thread but its your choice and your car in the first place and not my business. I hope all is well and noticed that if it didn't sell you would just keep it and enjoy.

OP the clear bra is great if a qualified installer is used like Cam stated. 3M material IMO is the best but others may not agree...as as they guarantee no bubbling, cracking, discoloring, or peeling for 5 to 7 yrs your set

Last edited by mygt500; 04-02-2009 at 08:56 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:53 PM
shoeys08dkcandygt
4th Gear Member

very happy!

def show me this on sat. i've been thinking about it for a long time.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:04 PM
Lifter583
4th Gear Member

My film is simply: THE BEST MONEY I EVER SPENT ON MY CAR!!
I have the entire front and 2 ft up on the hood covered. Plus wheel well to wheel well under the doors. I am always amazed at the number of spots (hits) I have after a road trip. Never have I had a chip, and the "spots" just wipe off with a little detailer.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:05 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mygt500
WHAT the ...your selling your car Cameron?...if I did not click the link in your sig I would have thought you were doing a favor for someone else. I had half a mind to remove the link and the FS thread but its your choice and your car in the first place and not my business. I hope all is well and noticed that if it didn't sell you would just keep it and enjoy.

OP the clear bra is great if a qualified installer is used like Cam stated. 3M material IMO is the best but others may not agree...as as they guarantee no bubbling, cracking, discoloring, or peeling for 5 to 7 yrs your set
well, I appreciate you leaving my ad J...and yes, FWIW, if my car doesn't sell, I'm just going to keep it, enjoy it, and continue to baby the mess out of it..LOL!!

to keep the clear bra looking good, you have to use turtle wax ice on it in lieu of your normal paste wax...reason being, the clear bra has pores in it so it can beathe and paste wax will clog up those pores and the bra will turn yellow..
Old 04-02-2009, 09:06 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by shoeys08dkcandygt
def show me this on sat. i've been thinking about it for a long time.
you got it
Old 04-02-2009, 09:22 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

well, I appreciate you leaving my ad J...and yes, FWIW, if my car doesn't sell, I'm just going to keep it, enjoy it, and continue to baby the mess out of it..LOL!!

to keep the clear bra looking good, you have to use turtle wax ice on it in lieu of your normal paste wax...reason being, the clear bra has pores in it so it can beathe and paste wax will clog up those pores and the bra will turn yellow..
that is good to know and I was not aware of that...

I was j/k about the removal of the ad anyway.....just a shock to the system and all. If I did remove it that would be a grounds for striping me of my moderator powers and abuse on my end....no need to go there for anyone including a friend
Old 04-02-2009, 09:31 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mygt500
that is good to know and I was not aware of that...

I was j/k about the removal of the ad anyway.....just a shock to the system and all. If I did remove it that would be a grounds for striping me of my moderator powers and abuse on my end....no need to go there for anyone including a friend
no sweat J, it's all good!! trust me, I knew if I posted a for sale ad I would have to put up with all my friends that I have made on here giving me a hard time!!

Quick Reply: CLEAR BRA / ARE YOU SATISFIED ?