Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

can my car have possible frame/ engine damage?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 11:52 AM
Torch Red GT
3rd Gear Member

Default can my car have possible frame/ engine damage?

Basically this morning i was tuning left at a stop light and the road was a little wet and i left my tcs off. After turning left my car immediately lost traction and to my right there was an island and to the left there was a curb. my car steered right then i turned it left then tryed to turn it right again, and basically my car went right and ran over the curb. Half my car was on the curb and i reversed out and pulled over down the street. When i checked my car there was no visual damage, the front was fine and the radiator wasnt damaged either. So my question is could be damaged even though it look like nothing ever happened?
Old 04-10-2009, 12:09 PM
Smooth_J
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SmokeStang08
Basically this morning i was tuning left at a stop light and the road was a little wet and i left my tcs off. After turning left my car immediately lost traction and to my right there was an island and to the left there was a curb. my car steered right then i turned it left then tryed to turn it right again, and basically my car went right and ran over the curb. Half my car was on the curb and i reversed out and pulled over down the street. When i checked my car there was no visual damage, the front was fine and the radiator wasnt damaged either. So my question is could be damaged even though it look like nothing ever happened?
How was the drive afterward? Anything shaking or not feeling right?
Old 04-10-2009, 12:15 PM
Torch Red GT
3rd Gear Member

Well it was down the street from my school so i didint really check for that, but it didnt seem different.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:33 PM
kpaulhus
4th Gear Member

My brother hit a curb in my old V6 and it scrapped up his K-member pretty bad. The only thing that was wrong with it was that the emergency fuel cutoff switch needed to be reset since his car wouldnt start.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:46 PM
blike
2nd Gear Member

i'd be thinking suspension damage if anything, definitely not frame or engine damage
Old 04-10-2009, 12:46 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

nope no frame or engine damage.. Mustangs don't have frames apparently. If anything got messed up possibly some suspension, but you should feel it.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:03 PM
feejay
2nd Gear Member

When did you knock over the basketball hoop?
Old 04-10-2009, 01:33 PM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

^ I lol'd :P

You should be fine if it drives right.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:16 PM
Torch Red GT
3rd Gear Member

Yeah the car is driving fine suprisingly just allignment is slightly off. Which is really suprising because if you were there it would look like I totaled my car
Old 04-10-2009, 06:27 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

I've got my car handling completely neutral now with suspension upgrades. The front and rear breaks loose at exactly the same time and the whole car just slides sideways. This happened to me the other night taking a turn designed for probably 15mph at 50mph . The whole car slid completely sideways around the turn, over a curbed neutral ground (both front and rears impacting the curb at the same time) and landed in the middle of the neutral ground. Fortunately it was one of those round-top curbs. Blew out a rear drag radial at $300 a pop! Had the tire replaced and my wheels re-balanced the next day...one was warped a bit. I'm just lucky I'm not burying the car (or a bystander). lucky...

you're probably fine. these cars are TUFF. I'm just going to have to replace a rim, which I'm starting to think of as a "disposable item".

Quick Reply: can my car have possible frame/ engine damage?