Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just saw my first 2010 (Grabber Blue)

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 07:37 AM
RedRave
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MollyHulk
What’s the point in designing an attractive car from the outside, if, once you get in, the interior looks like a Budget rental car? Take the Challenger for instance. Gorgeous on the outside, heinous on the inside. Heinous enough to turn buyers away completely. For the Mustang, this is not the case.

The exterior attracts you to the car, and the interior makes you want to get inside. Cheap, multi-paneled plastic has been replaced with attractive single-piece metal panels. LED accent lights adorn both door panels, footwells, and center console. Dash gauges and the center stack are illuminated with an attractive ice blue color. And the vintage-inspired, leather-wrapped, horn button steering wheel is grabadocious, with all radio and cruise controls tastefully integrated.

Source: http://reviews.carreview.com/blog/20...he-glory-days/

I myself didnt mind the challenger interior only thing that made it kinda cheesy is that god awful steering wheel they pulled from the parts bin for there 300m and charger. God it sucks. Rest i thought was done nice considering chrysler makes the worst interiors of all car makers in north america by far.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:56 AM
MollyHulk

That author states the Challenger interior is 'heinous'. Personnally, I like almost all aspects of the Challenger and almost considered buying it over the 2010 mustang GT.

The Challenger is not as light, nimble, or fast although both are pretty impressive.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:53 PM
BoidMorphs
3rd Gear Member

I saw my first 2010 GT in silver today in person and was very depressed. I couldn't believe how butt ugly they made the rear end look as well as the cheap molded plastic side rails hanging down. I was resolved to consider one when and if a Boss 302 comes 'round but they're going to have to do some serious body style changes to get earn my business.
I agree the interior is a huge improvement over the S197 but they totally blew it on the rear end. All I can say is there will be a ton of aftermarket upgrades selling. Another negative factor is the MSRP on these have gone up around 4-$5000 from what I can tell.
I think FORD is going to lose a ton of buyers to the Camaro this year. Maybe the drifter/ricer crowd will convert to the new stang to offset things. IMHO, I hate to say the 2010 looks pretty Japanese due to all of the cheap blacked out plastic hanging off of it.
The good news is, if the sales aren't there, the "special" models such as the Boss 302 are going to come out much faster than we anticipated.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:01 AM
mach1na
2nd Gear Member

^^I COMPLETELY AGREE! the rear looks like a corolla..
Old 04-23-2009, 04:52 AM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

For comparison sake I went to the Chevy dealer and walked through an order sheet for a new Camaro optioned out similar to the new Mustang I want to get..It was almost a full $2k more. So why are people saying it is cheaper than a stang?? Plus I would have to deal with that god aweful looking interior with the typical GM large dial ***** and crap... not for me, I'll take my stang in Kona Blue please
Old 04-23-2009, 07:46 AM
JasperGT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by wilkinda
Jasper your wheels would look killer on that new body style
Thanks!

I like the 2010 mustang. It's different, but it will grow on a lot of you!
Old 04-23-2009, 06:03 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

About the black plastic...

I'm noticing it on a lot more cars lately. Just saw it on a Mercedes today. The lower rear facia was black plastic below the bumper. Still no 2010's in the windows of the Ford dealers here, as they are loaded with Shelby's and SUVs that nobody is willing to splurge on. I have a feeling the 2010 model year is going to be very short for this model.

BTW, the above price quote was WAY off! The base prices are slightly higher than 2009. There are more options now, like Sync and the Glassback roof which might be responsible for the high MSRP on a build, but the base prices are $20,995 & $23,995 for the V6s and $27,995 & $30,995 for the GTs. Hardly $4-5,000 more!
Old 04-23-2009, 06:57 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by Orion_240
About the black plastic...

I'm noticing it on a lot more cars lately. Just saw it on a Mercedes today. The lower rear facia was black plastic below the bumper. Still no 2010's in the windows of the Ford dealers here, as they are loaded with Shelby's and SUVs that nobody is willing to splurge on. I have a feeling the 2010 model year is going to be very short for this model.

BTW, the above price quote was WAY off! The base prices are slightly higher than 2009. There are more options now, like Sync and the Glassback roof which might be responsible for the high MSRP on a build, but the base prices are $20,995 & $23,995 for the V6s and $27,995 & $30,995 for the GTs. Hardly $4-5,000 more!
Every Shelby the Ford dealer has by me has.....BLACK PLASTIC MOULDING ALONG THE BOTTOM AND THE BUMPER..why no bitching about that from anyone??

The GT I priced out was $33k because i wanted the upgraded interior seating, dual power seats, 3:73 gears.. so you are right, you can still get these cars for between $27 to $31K.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:25 PM
kinoman2002
2nd Gear Member

I'm afraid it would not be easy to keep those black moldings nice, clean and deep black.
I know it is a topic for another forum but is there any way to spray those moldings with something so that the dirt will fall off?
Old 04-23-2009, 09:24 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by kinoman2002
I'm afraid it would not be easy to keep those black moldings nice, clean and deep black.
I know it is a topic for another forum but is there any way to spray those moldings with something so that the dirt will fall off?
I have seen pics of them painted on one of these threads.... Looks good to me and would help that dirt fall off

Quick Reply: Just saw my first 2010 (Grabber Blue)