Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saw the new 2010's

Old 04-22-2009, 04:03 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

took a trip during my lunch break and took some pics of a 2010 V6 (only 2010 on the lot) with my crappy cell phone camera but at least they are better than a typed description. the rear tail lights are not something i favor initially but i certainly dont reject them either. all they will take is some getting used to. overall the car looks MUCH better in person than on the internet. the body lines really add very nice detail and the front end is a definite improvement over the previous factory front. also the rear lower bumper/exhaust exit is much improved/cleaner look. i couldnt take pics of the interior becuase the car was already sold and the salesman no longer had the keys. from what i could tell, it has all the chrome trimmings that you can find aftermarket for our current stangs. anyways, here you go.... enjoy.

* i also took pics of an absolutely wicked black GT500KR that they had in the lobby along with a standard red GT500. that KR had a sticker price of only 82k!.... lol.

Old 04-22-2009, 05:27 PM
Mustangmaster
3rd Gear Member

Somebody needs to report back after taking a 2010 for a test ride. Let us know how it rides, how quiet the interior ride is, how overall improved it is over the 05-09s. The salesman I talked with has a 2006 GT and says the transmission feels more solid and tighter. I'm sure they'll sell well. There are plenty of people who still want a Mustang or want to trade in on the new ones.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:17 PM
3.73-11
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mustangmaster
Somebody needs to report back after taking a 2010 for a test ride. Let us know how it rides, how quiet the interior ride is, how overall improved it is over the 05-09s. The salesman I talked with has a 2006 GT and says the transmission feels more solid and tighter. I'm sure they'll sell well. There are plenty of people who still want a Mustang or want to trade in on the new ones.
I drove a 2010 torch red gt auto last wednesday night and my initial impression having driven a 06 vapor silver gt auto and owning a 06 torch red 5-speed 4.0 was this.
Startup sweet sound I mean wow quiet inside*unless you get on it*but outside a very nice burble from the factory not sure what they did with the mufflers but it didn't sound anything like the 06 gt I test drove. Driving it with the traction control off makes very nice tire smoke&sound effects
I only took it to 80 or so despite the salesman telling me several others had taken it to 120+ in the same stretch or road, on the freeway cruising it was much quieter than either 06's i've driven, seemed to handle freeway expansion joints/ruts/potholes very well but keep in mind this is stock ride height non track pack suspension and the 18's which have if I remember 235/50/18 tires? Anyways it shifted smooth quiet at cruise very throaty sound when you get on it thanks to the new intake piped into the cabin which to be honest sounds cool but really looks like SH*T when you pop the hood! I was disappointed that they didn't have any track pack gts to drive.
The interior is beautiful indeed the armrests are now curved so your arm somehow feels like its form fit to them, the new center stack&center console is just a lot cleaner/classier looking to me, and the chrome trim around the shifter boot and other areas is very nice to look at and touch as well as the dash.
The mirrors I still don't like but agent 47's should bolt right up no problems. The body is actually very nice in person the gt looks mean&aggressive but I hate that stock lower chin, *where the v6 looks very much like a junior gt500* on the plus side the fog lights being slightly covered by the hood is very mean looking, also the new headlight design imo is very nice alot better than the 05-09's. When you pop the hood you should notice that the radiator covering now extends in one smooth piece all across the engine bay's front very clean looking. The fuel door is now a push to release type which is nice and flush looking. The spoiler options are iffy to me as the stock spoiler is tiny and the optional one that comes with the backup cam&a lock cylinder for your trunk release *on stock cars it seems only your remote&the button inside releases the trunk* is not much better so far the gt500 with gurney flap seems like the right choice, though I would get a spoiler delete personally. The taillights everyone has been complaining about simply look amazing to me with the factory sequencers spot on for style and the leds light up and look great when on.
Thats pretty much it I really want one but I'd like to see what ford offers to move these since right now there are no rebates/financing incentives ford loyalty cash etc on them, also I'm curious to see what they do for 2011 since an ecoboost would be sweet. Regardless imo Ford has managed to improve in many areas that needed addressing and produced a better overall product that being said i'll take a track pack spoiler delete grabber blue gt premium with 3.73's and blue leather inserts
Old 04-22-2009, 06:29 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

dont forget about the much smaller antennea that is now mounted on the rear of the car .... that is the real reason to get one!... lol/jk
Old 04-22-2009, 07:35 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by 4literv6
I drove a 2010 torch red gt auto last wednesday night and my initial impression having driven a 06 vapor silver gt auto and owning a 06 torch red 5-speed 4.0 was this.
Startup sweet sound I mean wow quiet inside*unless you get on it*but outside a very nice burble from the factory not sure what they did with the mufflers but it didn't sound anything like the 06 gt I test drove. Driving it with the traction control off makes very nice tire smoke&sound effects
I only took it to 80 or so despite the salesman telling me several others had taken it to 120+ in the same stretch or road, on the freeway cruising it was much quieter than either 06's i've driven, seemed to handle freeway expansion joints/ruts/potholes very well but keep in mind this is stock ride height non track pack suspension and the 18's which have if I remember 235/50/18 tires? Anyways it shifted smooth quiet at cruise very throaty sound when you get on it thanks to the new intake piped into the cabin which to be honest sounds cool but really looks like SH*T when you pop the hood! I was disappointed that they didn't have any track pack gts to drive.
The interior is beautiful indeed the armrests are now curved so your arm somehow feels like its form fit to them, the new center stack&center console is just a lot cleaner/classier looking to me, and the chrome trim around the shifter boot and other areas is very nice to look at and touch as well as the dash.
The mirrors I still don't like but agent 47's should bolt right up no problems. The body is actually very nice in person the gt looks mean&aggressive but I hate that stock lower chin, *where the v6 looks very much like a junior gt500* on the plus side the fog lights being slightly covered by the hood is very mean looking, also the new headlight design imo is very nice alot better than the 05-09's. When you pop the hood you should notice that the radiator covering now extends in one smooth piece all across the engine bay's front very clean looking. The fuel door is now a push to release type which is nice and flush looking. The spoiler options are iffy to me as the stock spoiler is tiny and the optional one that comes with the backup cam&a lock cylinder for your trunk release *on stock cars it seems only your remote&the button inside releases the trunk* is not much better so far the gt500 with gurney flap seems like the right choice, though I would get a spoiler delete personally. The taillights everyone has been complaining about simply look amazing to me with the factory sequencers spot on for style and the leds light up and look great when on.
Thats pretty much it I really want one but I'd like to see what ford offers to move these since right now there are no rebates/financing incentives ford loyalty cash etc on them, also I'm curious to see what they do for 2011 since an ecoboost would be sweet. Regardless imo Ford has managed to improve in many areas that needed addressing and produced a better overall product that being said i'll take a track pack spoiler delete grabber blue gt premium with 3.73's and blue leather inserts
I concur with all that you said +1^^^
Old 04-22-2009, 07:57 PM
Mustangmaster
3rd Gear Member

I asked the salesman to pop the trunk to see if anything was different. The main thing I noticed was the inside top of the trunk now has carpet/padding like the sides of the trunk. You know, the gray carpet/padding. I guess that is part of the sound deadening Ford has put in these new Mustangs. Just because it's a Mustang doesn't mean it can't ride like a Cadillac. Good job Ford. Make it as nice a ride as possible.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:33 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

+1..... attention to quality detail has definitely improved with this model. keep it up ford.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:16 PM
Mustangmaster
3rd Gear Member

I was bitching about the new seats in the 2010 Mustang. I looked on Ford's 2010 Mustang site in the photos/interior section and noticed the previous style seats are available. The new seat is called Striped Stitching Leather and the other style is called Saddle Leather Trimmed Seating. It's optional.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:13 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Has anyone been able to see if this is for real? I just saw this on the build it sight:
"two-way adjustable head restraint"

Is that the long overdue option that could tilt the headrest back a little???
Old 04-24-2009, 08:41 PM
MantaDreams
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Must8ng
I agree! In another 50 years when mustangs are floating around, and using fusion reactors to power them, we will look back on the s197 model.
I agree. But likely I personally will not be around in another 50 years.

I went to Mac Haik - Georgetown (north of Austin) Texas. He had about six 2010's mixed in with s197s. I like the front, hate the rear, but practically all of it betrays the retro styling that brought this model out of the proverbial garage. I guess as those of us who remember the 60's model age and pass on, the less of us will be around to appreciate what the s197 has done for us and Ford.

The rounded rear reminds me of the old Porsche styling. The squared off back with three lenses each side IS the Mustang. Bring it back! Don't go and make it look like a cookie cutter Camry lense.

peace.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Saw the new 2010's