Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Selling the V6, what Should I Look For?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 02:28 PM
Shadow7874
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ht11121991
Okay, I'll keep that in mind mikes08GT. I wouldn't keep the appearance mods on it though so I don't know if I can justify paying for them and then trashing them. Does the CS/GT come with any performance mods or is the CS all appearance?...

But realistically, what can I do with my budget? The parentals payed for the V6 (first car) so now they have agreed to pay it off. So, I have $1,500 (possibly $2,000, haven't checked the account lately) and I want to keep monthly payment differences down around $50. I truly don't know what this leaves me with (never been involved with car payments before). So, do I have a realistic chance of getting a supercharged/turbocharged stang or should I just get a base GT and go from there?
Get a base and go from there unless you find a charged one for a good price. Now sure how old you are, but im 19 and i have a GT. I had 10k in the bank before i bought it, and i put 5k down and am making payments for another 9k. I am back up to 7k in the bank so i could SC my car if i wanted to, but honestly its already a fun car and i have alot of other priorities. The GT will already perform and look better then a v6 IMO so just jump up to it before you go for FI.

Also, anyone notice the 2010 camaro ad on the right?? Im sure it changes, but its funny to see a 2010 camaro ad on a mustang site
Old 05-02-2009, 06:00 PM
Mr.Bape
4th Gear Member

First of all, are you planning to get a new or used GT? With your budget, it would be the latter. You can only get the base GT with what you want to spend. You're setting your expectations too high with trying to get one super/turbocharged, and if you do luck out with that, it'd probably a GT with extremely high mileage or out of your price range. At your age the GT should be more than enough. You have to work with what you have and can afford. Hope this helps.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:59 PM
jdphillips73
4th Gear Member

everyone knows the gt is wayyyy soo awesome to the maxxxxx....

but why not just supercharge the v6 you already have? (dont tell anyone, but it will outrun the gt, shhhhhh!)
Old 05-02-2009, 09:56 PM
Must8ng
1st Gear Member

Why not keep the v6 for now...and save for a gt500 in the future!
Old 05-03-2009, 01:52 PM
gtguyonli
2nd Gear Member

I seen Mikes 08 GT, it's kind of rough LOL.
Old 05-03-2009, 02:09 PM
Cal26Stang
5th Gear Member

I just recently got my 2007 black on black Gt w/14k miles for about 18, and it has everything but the shaker 500. you can find them with high mileage for less
Old 05-03-2009, 08:34 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

About the supercharge the V6 thing. I have though about this but I'm not sure it is the best option. I mean, yeah it may be faster, but I can't really do a monthly payment plan on a supercharger (I don't think)... I was going the GT route so that I can pay for it slowly while adding things on with my extra money...

IDK this is a tough decision.

Anyway, monthly payment right now is $215. The car was bought for $13,900 and my parents still owe in the high $9,000 range (like $9,700-$9,800). I have around $1,500 dollars right now and I pull in anywhere from $120-$320 a month depending on how much I work. This will drop down a little during the fall due to soccer season (only working on weekends...).

I assume this will let everyone in on the situation more. I'm still up in the air on this one...the more I talk to everyone here, the more ideas I get...

Thanks for all the help and please keep it coming,

HT
Old 05-04-2009, 10:05 AM
sarcastik
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ht11121991
About the supercharge the V6 thing. I have though about this but I'm not sure it is the best option. I mean, yeah it may be faster, but I can't really do a monthly payment plan on a supercharger (I don't think)... I was going the GT route so that I can pay for it slowly while adding things on with my extra money...
I don't know if this is a viable option in terms of speed, mpg, and reliablility, but if it is please consider it because if you sell your car and re-up with a new (slow) payment plan from a bank, credit union, or whereever...you're only cheating yourself. Just because you're young doesn't mean you need to pile on the dept like there's no tomorrow. Especially for a car thats as commonplace as a mustang.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:50 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

How many miles do you have on your Mustang? I have a 2005 V6 with 48k and my car is only worth around $9,995 (good condition) here in GA. I am planning on paying this car off, then I am going for the V8. :-)
Old 05-04-2009, 02:38 PM
vashthe3rd
2nd Gear Member

HT, I'd honestly say keep the V6 for a while and just work up the money for a GT later on. I'd even venture to say wait and try and buy a 2010 GT. Only reason I'm saying that is that you seem to be in a tight financial situation and I think you'd be better off with a bit of wiggling room. I'll also tell you that 12K$ is being very generous, I'd honestly look at getting 10K$ at best. A GT you find in the trim you want will probably not be in the best condition.

Quick Reply: Selling the V6, what Should I Look For?