Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accident, pics inside. Estimate?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 03:18 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

I'd revise those estimates upwards.
Here in L.A. they charge at least $80/hr labor!

The main thing is to not sign anything nor take delivery of the car until it is perfect. Take the car for a test drive on a bumpy road to see if they put it back together wrong.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:23 AM
r3velation
4th Gear Member

yeah i definitely feel you on that. i just hope joe can set me up with some reputable shops. it's all about the quality of bringing my car back to what it used to look like.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:10 AM
ahddm
2nd Gear Member

Hey use the opportunity to upgrade some styling

Here's two fenders for 300$

Where around LA you live I can give you a number to a good body shop great quality and they can keep the price down *

*Jus looked at your location info. The body shop I'm saying is in Glendale it's about 30mins away you can get an estimate at your shop then drive by and see what my guys say if you'd like.

Last edited by ahddm; 05-03-2009 at 04:13 AM.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:14 AM
Red Beast
4th Gear Member

i would say 1500, some of that looks like it could be massaged out... tell us when u get the estimate, what hit you, or what did u hit?
Old 05-03-2009, 06:09 AM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ahddm

That's a great looking front fender.... but WTF is going on with that pea shooter exhaust?? It's like they ran out of money just as they got to it LOL
Old 05-03-2009, 10:39 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by mygt500
So what can I ask to make sure that doesn't happen in the future?
Don't ask.
If you can't trust a shop all that much, buy your own good clear and say "there, shoot it with that!".

I used to have MAICO paint my stuff when I was doing a lot of overall paint jobs for used car dealers back in the 90s...
It was cheaper than me hiring a painter to do the job.
I stripped the cars so their sh#tty taping quality wouldn't hurt anything and I provided the materials. $99 later, I got the car back and it looked good.

Of course, materials were a lot better and cheaper back then...
Old 05-03-2009, 11:55 AM
Smooth_J
4th Gear Member

Damn man, really sorry to see this :/

Quotes can vary, but if you are sticking with OE, make sure they use OE. A lot of times they would use aftermarket cause its cheaper for the insurance. Worse comes to worse, they would get the part they need from a junk yard.

As someone else said, you do have a nice shine on that car and it shouldn't be hard to match the finish, but it will take a while to get it right.

EDIT: I would say close to $2500 for parts, labor, and paint. Considering for time it takes to pull the existing fender (removal of the front bumper), prime, paint, and replace. The quarter panel looks like it could be repaired, but it will be difficult due the lines on the car. So they may use a lot of body filler, or it maybe replaced. Then you need to blend everything in with the hood and door.

Last edited by Smooth_J; 05-03-2009 at 12:03 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:33 PM
r3velation
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ahddm

Where around LA you live I can give you a number to a good body shop great quality and they can keep the price down *

*Jus looked at your location info. The body shop I'm saying is in Glendale it's about 30mins away you can get an estimate at your shop then drive by and see what my guys say if you'd like.
i dunno about upgrading the fenders, i like the way the factory ones look. just want to get rid of the emblems adn smooth it out.

i still wish i hit the front of the car so that i could finally get the gt500 conversion taken care of.

BUT, i would like the number to that shop of yours. tomorrow is going to be a very busy day as i will be going to a bunch of shops. so anyone in the socal area with a shop they'd like to recomend, shoot em out.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:34 PM
r3velation
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Red Beast
i would say 1500, some of that looks like it could be massaged out... tell us when u get the estimate, what hit you, or what did u hit?
suv, he took no damage except a cracked tail light. initially, i had gotten out of my car and looked at my broken side mirror and was like ok, this can be replaced. then my gf pointed out, look at this and that would be the point where i was completely crushed.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:42 PM
essexdan

No way they're going to replace that quarter. That's a fixer all day long. Fender too, though the fenders on a Mustang are cheap and the car is black so no blending needed. The quarter panels on the 2005+ Mustangs are difficult to replace anyway. We had one down at the shop last month that needed one and the tech (20+ years exp) said it was one of the hardest ones he'd ever done. It's folded over like a door skin. Unless the panel is completely mangled you want to fix it. You'll end up with a lot more body filler just finishing the weld areas on a new quarter than you would in fixing this. No point in ripping up all those factory seams for this. The price will vary wildly depending on the state. Figure California as 100% higher than just about anywhere else.

Quick Reply: Accident, pics inside. Estimate?