Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Neon

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 10:15 PM
txaggie582
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by eddypython
go buy you the kia SOUL since that's where you saw it lol

You can buy LED's of all sorts from oznium.com
that's where I bought mine from when I did the LED color change..
You smart cookie

And Danny- Thanks bro!
Old 05-07-2009, 11:54 PM
Shadow7874
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by eddypython
go buy you the kia SOUL since that's where you saw it lol

You can buy LED's of all sorts from oznium.com
that's where I bought mine from when I did the LED color change..
i just saw the kia commercial, its kinda cool, but i wouldnt have it pulsate unless the mycolor and other lights did too.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:45 AM
Red Beast
4th Gear Member

my sisters scion came stock with neon lights in it... cmon bro, ur a mustang, mustangs dont need flashy lights to attract attention, just the sheer awsomeness of our cars does that for us... and also it might be illigal to...

my freind had a neon pulsing light in his GT/CS and i always bitched at him to take it out, then a cop pulled him over, said he cant have it, and the cop let me break that damn rice light over the curb lol...
Old 05-08-2009, 03:21 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Originally Posted by Red Beast
my sisters scion came stock with neon lights in it... cmon bro, ur a mustang, mustangs dont need flashy lights to attract attention, just the sheer awsomeness of our cars does that for us... and also it might be illigal to...

my freind had a neon pulsing light in his GT/CS and i always bitched at him to take it out, then a cop pulled him over, said he cant have it, and the cop let me break that damn rice light over the curb lol...
Is that true Red?....
anyway I know the thread is fine and no one is breaking any rules yet.....

So just as a reminder please refrain from the rice or not comments as it does nothing to help the OP. If you have nothing to say to help him then dont say anything at all and move on to the next thread.....subscribed
Old 05-08-2009, 03:30 AM
Red Beast
4th Gear Member

ya, appearantley it is a "distraction" and that it is unsafe... it might just be like a california law but its supposed to be unsafe.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:34 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

CA has some very strict laws and for good reason!

It funny how we are one of the few on this late at night too...just an observation
Old 05-08-2009, 10:43 AM
Va. Stang
3rd Gear Member

Ok let me get this straight. The neons are a no no on mustangs. But what about the ambiant lighting...Neon. But LEDs are ok. LOL... I say, do what you want bro. There is a point where its too much. I myself like a few highlights here and there.
I saw a company that will make you custom neon s online..just can't find the link. Sorry;
Old 05-08-2009, 11:15 AM
cegha
2nd Gear Member

I'm sure this is doable. They make like all kinds of strips of neon. There are some that are LED lights on a strip that you could put around it and run it to a converter in the door panel (one of those converter things that allows it to pulse to the bass).

There are actual flex tubes of the neon lighting, that could be shaped into a circle and ran around the edge of the sub trim.

This wouldn't be a simple thing to do. Like there's not plug and play kits for this. You would have to find a flex tube of red neon lighting and run it into the door panel to a converter either spliced to a switch, or at minimum like a accessory wire. Mabye the window switch if you would like them to remain on after the key is pulled out before the door opened?

You could also drill holes around the sub trim, and run single bright red leds out like holes spaced around it. Then wire them all together.

It's doable, but you would have to put in some effort to make it look nice.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:31 AM
cobrakiller347
2nd Gear Member

sorry dude i had to. lol
Old 05-08-2009, 12:43 PM
whyask
3rd Gear Member

you can get a neon flex tube as stated above .. you may have to fab some **** up... OR.. call KIA and ask what size there door neons are and see if for some reason they match up....or just try ebay and see what you come up with. EITHER WAY its your car, mod the hell out of it, be unique and creative no one else has to like it but you !

Quick Reply: Neon