Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Share the features of your 2010 here

Old 05-08-2009, 02:21 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Default Share the features of your 2010 here

It just occurred to me that there might be a lot of new features on the new 2010 Mustang that are new to S197 owners. I started this thread so those who actually have owned a 2005-2009 (or are familiar with those models) and now have a 2010 Mustang can let us know about the changes in the car and how these changes have helped or hurt the Mustang ownership experience.

For instance the new No-Cap fuel intake seems great and I've photographed it... but how is the actual filling up experience for you?
Are there any secret changes that you've found? How do they compare?
We all know about the new inside trunk release by now. But what has your everyday experience using it been? How long do you have to hold it down to pop the trunk? Have you accidentally popped the trunk at an inopportune moment? LOL!

I will wait for someone to write a whole page on the differences with the new Sync system! Do you know it even ha s its own website?!

http://www.syncmyride.com/#/home/

Photo are always appreciated! I would be happy to take shots of someone's car if you'd like to get together at one of the Mustang events this spring/Summer.

Enjoy!

My contribution is this photo of the new power plug that has a cover to it. Might be nice not having to try to track down the plug after you are done using this outlet.
Attached Thumbnails Share the features of your 2010 here-2398.jpg  
Old 05-11-2009, 02:46 PM
steele901
4th Gear Member

Default Vanity Mirror That Mimics The Hood

Vanity Mirror That Mimics The Hood

The vanity mirror cover is an exact design replica of the hood on the GT model.
Old 05-11-2009, 04:40 PM
05pnygt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by steele901
Vanity Mirror That Mimics The Hood

The vanity mirror cover is an exact design replica of the hood on the GT model.
i like that...
Old 05-11-2009, 07:45 PM
Watchthaxsnipa
1st Gear Member

thats pretty cool.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:41 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

That is trick.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:35 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

For those who have not done so (driven the car).....this new Mustang is QUIET at highway speeds. The SYNC system is awesome. The new seats, leather, are comfortable. The new interior is very well laid out and much nicer than '05 to '09 models... In my opinion

Biggest bitch I could see if you have a 5-speed is the cupholder will put the drinks in a position to where with a taller drink cup it might be a pain to shift. With auto it is just fine.

This V6 handles very well, the 210 HP engine is peppy!! more than I thought it would be. If Ford puts the 3.5L in this car it will be awesome for a V6 equipped Mustsng.

I have another week left on this rental and I am enjoying the heck out of it.....
Old 05-13-2009, 04:57 PM
sponkey21
1st Gear Member

I was pleasantly surprised at how much better the V6 feels than the previous version. I cannot imagine how much it would boost the Mustang's image if all those rental mustangs out there (which get quite a bit of road time) had the 3.5 with closer to 270+hp. If they give it the 3.7 or a higher tuned 3.5 with a Camaro matching 300hp and 6 speed transmissions it could be as good as the outgoing GT! I'd still opt for the 5.0 (God willing it makes it to production with 400hp stock and is even moderately mod-friendly) and the new dual clutch 6 speed auto (the Mustang should get the same tranny as the SHO, no brainer there Ford!), but a V6 like that would be killer as an intro model, sales would easily go up.
On the options side of things. I love the Nav screen and Sync. I also really like the lines on the sides and the little subtle ridge where the hood meets the front fenders, reminds me of the 65 Mustang I used to drive. I also really like the rear fender haunches, they are nice. MyColor is fun to play with, and all the interior materials are wonderful. When I get my 2011 I will be keeping it for a LONG time. I just hope they don't wait a year to give it direct injection like I have heard rumors they may do. I also hope they give it cylinder deactivation, for at least decent mileage. I don't care about IRS, I don't want all the extra weight, and I don't need it. California roads aren't that bad at all, and I want to be able to really put power down on acceleration. Just give me the Track Pack!
Old 05-13-2009, 05:14 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

the 2010 has the same feature a the earlier S197's. The cupholder has this thing in it and if you remove it you can fit a bigger or longer cup or bottle in there!
Attached Thumbnails Share the features of your 2010 here-2438.jpg  
Old 05-13-2009, 06:29 PM
Mustangmaster
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by wilkinda
For those who have not done so (driven the car).....this new Mustang is QUIET at highway speeds. The SYNC system is awesome. The new seats, leather, are comfortable. The new interior is very well laid out and much nicer than '05 to '09 models... In my opinion

Biggest bitch I could see if you have a 5-speed is the cupholder will put the drinks in a position to where with a taller drink cup it might be a pain to shift. With auto it is just fine.

This V6 handles very well, the 210 HP engine is peppy!! more than I thought it would be. If Ford puts the 3.5L in this car it will be awesome for a V6 equipped Mustsng.

I have another week left on this rental and I am enjoying the heck out of it.....

A quiet ride is a big plus to me. I mean, why would you want to hear screaming tire/road noise if you don't have to. Just because it's a Mustang doesn't mean it has to ride rough. I do like the cup holders for the 05-09. Having a cup holder cover isn't a big plus to me. Especially if you're driving at night. I'd want to open it up so I could see the ambient lighting anyway. I'm glad to hear Ford has smoothed out the handling even in V6's. I had a V6 before trading up to a V8 and must say the V8 does ride a little smoother. Must be the extra weight. Reviews for the new Camaro say it rides smooth and quiet. Must be the extra weight there also.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:21 PM
cmanatam

Had my black 2010 GT for 2 weeks and love it. Had a camaro on order for 8 months and was told that it failed quality control so I converted and have no regrets. If the mustang is underpowered, I can't tell because it has some serious getty'up. .2 seconds off the camaros pace with 100 less HP is pretty impressive and there's no way the camaro or challenger could keep up in anything but track conditions. Driving on highways or sharp corners is a true thrill. I have the black 10 spoke 19 in wheels which look sweet. Would love to have bigger brakes (brembos) but that will come down the road once i wear the stock ones down. Sync is truly amazing. Since the car is my daily driver, interior quality and ride quality are very important to me. Ford truly beat the compettion in these regards. All and all an amazing vehicle.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Share the features of your 2010 here