Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edelbrock E-Force SC Kit Dyno Results!

Old 05-08-2009, 06:42 PM
Smooth_J
4th Gear Member

Default Edelbrock E-Force SC Kit Dyno Results!

NEW RESULTS PAGE 3

Well I went to the dyno today, and wow...the results were a bit better than I thought

Humidity ~60%
75° F Partly Sunny

Max HP: 424.59
Max TQ: 406.58

There was another car with the same kit, and it made nearly the same number except for TQ (+1.9) but it wasn't much difference.

I know everyone wants to see the graph, so here it is!

NEW RESULTS PAGE 3

Last edited by Smooth_J; 05-09-2009 at 08:31 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:05 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

that looks pretty smooth, J.
nice a/f too.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:22 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

congrats.... how much boost did it hit peak? did Jim Sr. tune the car as well
Old 05-08-2009, 07:24 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

that's pretty awesome.

what all comes with the kit to make that much HP? I am not really familiar with it except that I have read that it makes alot of WHP with relatively low boost levels to keep the engine running safe.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:41 PM
Smooth_J
4th Gear Member

Thanks all!

Originally Posted by Stkjock
congrats.... how much boost did it hit peak? did Jim Sr. tune the car as well
I think max was 7-9 PSI. I'm not really 100% sure though, so don't quote me on this. It was the stock tune that came with the kit. It was slightly modified by Edelbrock for JDM on the temperature activation.

However JDM did say they can tune this kit

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
that's pretty awesome.

what all comes with the kit to make that much HP? I am not really familiar with it except that I have read that it makes alot of WHP with relatively low boost levels to keep the engine running safe.
Complete package includes supercharger/intake assembly, air inlet with 85mm throttle body, fuel injectors, air-to-water intercooler, spark plugs, flash tuner with proper calibration.

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_...injected.shtml
Old 05-08-2009, 07:46 PM
cummins cowboy
2nd Gear Member

I like the 350 #'s of torque just beyond 2k, that should = some burning rubber, for goodness sakes tell us how driving the car is!!!?!?!?

was this the tune that came with the supercharger kit, or a custom tune, there was a member here that had tune issues, has this been resolved??

what would those guys charge for just the SC install, do you know??
Old 05-08-2009, 07:52 PM
Smooth_J
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cummins cowboy
I like the 350 #'s of torque just beyond 2k, that should = some burning rubber, for goodness sakes tell us how driving the car is!!!?!?!?

was this the tune that came with the supercharger kit, or a custom tune, there was a member here that had tune issues, has this been resolved??

what would those guys charge for just the SC install, do you know??
The driving is great, its what I hoped for and more! I do have some trackion issues in first - but its very slight. When the boost kicks in my car is like a bat out of hell, and the SC whine is silent for the most part

This tune was one the one that came with the SC except for a the cooling modification that was done for JDM by Edelbrock.

The charge for the install was around 10 hours. So around ~$1000 for the install.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:57 PM
shanec
4th Gear Member

Kick. ***.

I'm hard pressed to believe JDM didn't do anything to increase the power. You're roughly 40bhp above what Edelbrock advertises and also what other stock kit people have shown.

I'm not complaining. Just keeping a keen eye on what the stock kit does...BECAUSE I WANT ONE. And I'll have one - if there's a shop around here (doubtful) with Ebrock experience when my purchase/decision date arrives
Old 05-08-2009, 08:09 PM
Smooth_J
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by shanec
Kick. ***.

I'm hard pressed to believe JDM didn't do anything to increase the power. You're roughly 40bhp above what Edelbrock advertises and also what other stock kit people have shown.

I'm not complaining. Just keeping a keen eye on what the stock kit does...BECAUSE I WANT ONE. And I'll have one - if there's a shop around here (doubtful) with Ebrock experience when my purchase/decision date arrives
Well, they would and they could. However this all goes back to the warranty thing and etc. Sr did say there are a bunch of things he can do with this kit. However he uses SCT, not DiabloSport so thats one issue and thats why the tunes need to be modified by Edelbrock first.

They have there version of the competition kit which I may go with which includes the pump, intake, pulley, and different MAF. Also, they will use a SCT tuner instead.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:10 PM
cummins cowboy
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by shanec
Kick. ***.

the standard deal, I think is with 5#'s boost?? his was upped to 7psi, what made you choose this kit over say the saleen kit?? they are about the same price, with about the same power, 425 RWHP seems to be the right number for these cars and both kits make about the same power, which one is better

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Edelbrock E-Force SC Kit Dyno Results!