Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hmm, some cash to spend.

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 04:41 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

Default Hmm, some cash to spend.

Hey guys, I have roughly $850 bucks that I can spend and can't decide what to spend it on...

Basically I have a stock Legend Lime GT with tint all around, a CAI/Tune and Macs.

What would you guys get if you had some cash laying around?
Old 05-10-2009, 05:24 PM
AMoRT
3rd Gear Member

put it towards some wheels maybe, or some longtube headers would be nice. any pics of your car?
Old 05-10-2009, 05:37 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

Yea, I'll be looking at some new rims/tires when my current tires start to go down hill. Problem is they still have 15-20k miles left on 'em.

I have been screwing around on Brenspeed and have a couple things together so far.
I was looking at:
- BMR Lower Control Arms: $134.99
- CHE K-Member Brace with Torque Limiters: $159.99
- Hurst Comp. Shifter: $189.99
- Pypes O/R H Pipe: $139.99

What else is there for suspension mods I guess? I am a noob when it comes to suspension stuff...
Old 05-10-2009, 05:47 PM
GA05GT
2nd Gear Member

For suspension you can get some springs, LCA's w/ relocation bracket, UCA, Sway bars, bump steer kit, adj. panhard bar, panhard bar brace, and the list goes on...

The brand is entirely up to you on the above items.

Good luck.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:08 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by KTownGT
Yea, I'll be looking at some new rims/tires when my current tires start to go down hill. Problem is they still have 15-20k miles left on 'em.

I have been screwing around on Brenspeed and have a couple things together so far.
I was looking at:
- BMR Lower Control Arms: $134.99
- CHE K-Member Brace with Torque Limiters: $159.99
- Hurst Comp. Shifter: $189.99
- Pypes O/R H Pipe: $139.99

What else is there for suspension mods I guess? I am a noob when it comes to suspension stuff...
That list is a good start.
But LCAs are a waste if you're not lowered with better shocks IMO, you'll still have that body roll.
FRPP springs go for about $200.
Also, a bigger sway bar up front will help you a lot ($100/150).
Old 05-10-2009, 06:19 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

Originally Posted by pascal
That list is a good start.
But LCAs are a waste if you're not lowered with better shocks IMO, you'll still have that body roll.
FRPP springs go for about $200.
Also, a bigger sway bar up front will help you a lot ($100/150).
Thanks for the heads up Pascal. A couple threads I've been skimming through say LCA's kill wheel hop, guess not. :P

I don't really want to lower my car yet, there are some major pot holes and speed bumps in DFW and Lubbock.

I'm thinking right now of just spending about $500 and holding on for some better tires/rims. I am using the Pirelli Nero Zero's, which completely suck. hmmm

- Pypes O/R H Pipe: $134.99
- CHE K-Member Brace w/ Torque Limiters: $159.99
- Hurst Comp+ Shifter: $189.99

Where are Front Sway bars for $100-150? I'd definitley pop one of those in too for that price. Brenspeed, lethal, D'Agostino are all $190-$200 for the cheaper ones.

Last edited by Apoptosis; 05-10-2009 at 06:28 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:22 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

i would do mac a/bs and prochamber sounds nice together or you can do a nice mgw shifter and mac a/bs
Old 05-10-2009, 06:27 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Whatever you do, don't try to lower your car any amount without at least an adjustable upper control arm. I tried to tune mine with just adjustable lowers and it was a mistake.

For suspension mods i would recommend.... D-Specs (good shocks/struts and available for ~$500), lowering springs, ADJUSTABLE UPPER CONTROL ARM (I feel the upper CA replacement with an adustable unit is EXTREMELY important) and relocation brackets (to bring your lower CA's back inline after lowering). These are all musts in my book.

If you cannot afford any of these components then it's not advisable to mess with your suspension.

With $850 you're a bit short. D-specs = $500 + BMR adjustable upper CA = $180 + lowering springs = ~$300 + relo brackets = $140. This is the minimum suspension upgrade IMO. And be sure to install the Steeda "stepped spacers" if you retain the stock UCA mount.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:56 PM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rubrignitz
Whatever you do, don't try to lower your car any amount without at least an adjustable upper control arm. I tried to tune mine with just adjustable lowers and it was a mistake.

For suspension mods i would recommend.... D-Specs (good shocks/struts and available for ~$500), lowering springs, ADJUSTABLE UPPER CONTROL ARM (I feel the upper CA replacement with an adustable unit is EXTREMELY important) and relocation brackets (to bring your lower CA's back inline after lowering). These are all musts in my book.

If you cannot afford any of these components then it's not advisable to mess with your suspension.

With $850 you're a bit short. D-specs = $500 + BMR adjustable upper CA = $180 + lowering springs = ~$300 + relo brackets = $140. This is the minimum suspension upgrade IMO. And be sure to install the Steeda "stepped spacers" if you retain the stock UCA mount.
adjustable lowers work just fine to set the pinion angle. no problem here. just have to make sure both are exactly the same. very easy to do.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:01 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

- Pypes O/R H Pipe: $134.99
- CHE K-Member Brace w/ Torque Limiters: $159.99
- Hurst Comp+ Shifter: $189.99

This sound good to just start me off? Or would you sub in something else instead of a K-Member+Torque limiters?

Quick Reply: Hmm, some cash to spend.