Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it possible for a car to be cursed

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 09:24 PM
Midnight Express
2nd Gear Member

Default Is it possible for a car to be cursed

So in the last 4 months my car has been hit and the person drove away, then i get hit with an egg, now tonight when i came home i noticed a scratch on the rear deck lid. The car was parked in my garage with the garage door open. I just washed the car 2 hours earlier and there was nothing there.

Does anyone have pics of a rear deck lid blackout panel on a black GT?
Old 05-14-2009, 09:48 PM
One Bad Stang
4th Gear Member

i feel your pain. i dont think my car is cursed, but the rear end defenatly is.

to make a long story short, i had one dealership put some 4:10's in, and they messed it up 3 times. they said the gears were warped but they installed them anyway. well, i talked to a ford engineer, and 2 people at an frpp parts dept. and they said the gears are top notch and never have either of them see a warped set out of the box. well, i then started to question the abilities of the mechanic and they appearantly got tired of me after 3 failed attempts to get it right. they told me they couldnt fix it and i had to go to a dealership with an frpp parts dept. so the car is at the other dealer now getting fixed right. i cant wait to get it fixed and take it there and call the tech a moron to his face. after all, i did spend a good ammount of money there and he effed it all up and blamed the parts even though the noise changed in pitch and got louder after every attempt to fix it.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:57 PM
Midnight Express
2nd Gear Member

WOW that sucks, 3 different times for a gear install. I started to think that if i didnt take such good care of the car nothing like this would happen. This car causes me a decent amount of stress. This is not what i planned on when i bought the car. I love that car i would hate to get rid of it. I dunno. Ill just have to get a deck lid panel to cover the scratch up.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:00 PM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

OneBadStang...that was a tech mistake!!! He didnt clean the carrier where the ring gear sits, and some crap was left over, making the gear appear to be 'warped' when installing it. I ran into that myself (althouth I was the 'mechanic'), found some like sealer residue where the ring gear sits on the carrier, removed it, reinstalled the ring gear, and no more 'warpage'.

But yeah, it's a Ford, gotta expect some them to be cursed from the get-go...or maybe that's just because the curse on older fords finally killed the car and the spirits have to move on to another car, lol!

After seeing 2 pre-2000's Fords go through that, yeah, it's to be expected...well I hope not in a Mustang!
Old 05-14-2009, 10:10 PM
david01130
4th Gear Member

that sucks. Ive had someone run their shopping cart right into the side of my car and theres a big scratch/dent in it. plus $1000 in tickets
Old 05-15-2009, 08:32 AM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

It's the curse of King Rootin-Tootin!
Old 05-15-2009, 09:05 AM
Midnight Express
2nd Gear Member

haha three stooges.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:41 PM
Chromestang67
1st Gear Member

Default Cursed?

Only people believe in curses not cars. I know what it feels to pained by door dings, shopping carts, and alley cat gangbangs under some of the cars I've owned. It seems the more you watchout/care for a car the more suspecious and less likely you will drive it. Just get a daily beater car to use at grocery store, concerts, and other high people volume events. It seem no one really cars about their car except the car nuts.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:39 PM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

I DEFINITELY believe in car curses. I had a Trans Am years ago. Perfect car, garage kept until I bought it, and I kept it in a garage after I got it too. Never a single problem.

I decided to drop a 350 in it to replace the 305. Nightmare. EVERYTHING on the car that could break broke. Electrical problems, brake calipers locked up. Bolts broke. Glass cracked. Paint peeled. Rust started to eat away the fenders. It wasn't even the 350 we built for it, the car just fell apart around it. All that was left in the end was a shell of a car and some engine components.

It was like Christine only...opposite.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:02 PM
HypromanGT
3rd Gear Member

Somehow I find a bit of comfort in this thread, since a few days ago I found a nice door ding on the passenger side; just enough so I can notice it if I look down the body. Wonderful.

Then I think of the last S197 I had (see sig) and remember that it could be worse; at least this one doesn't leak

They are material possessions. Yes, we love them, but there's more to life....(at least that's what my therapist tells me LOL)