Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pep boys FTL!!!

Old 05-16-2009, 03:23 AM
evil06gt
1st Gear Member

Default Pep boys FTL!!!

I recently bought some new tires for my car and was looking around for some place to mount and balance them, Since i couldnt find any other place i decide to take my car to Pepboys. I get there around 2 pm and the service worker goes out looks at my rims and tires that were gonna be replace came back in and gave me a quote of $40, i went ahead and got it done... I was there for about 2 hrs because one of their machines had broke etc etc, finally they finished and i go expection the work and noticed both rear lips had deep rashes on them, I tell the service worker and he goes out and looks at it and tells me ''It was already like that'' I freaking blew up and started cussing him out. Finally the Asst manager comes out and looks at the rims, I show him the fresh metal flakings and he acknowledge that they had been damaged while installation. He gave me a mobile rim repair shop number and said to get an estimate and bring it down to them and we will go from there. I finally got a quote from a repair shop and its gonna be $280.
Here are some pics

Theres way more damage than what the pics show
Old 05-16-2009, 03:28 AM
evil06gt
1st Gear Member

While not an official letter this is what the assistant manager wrote on the bottom of my invoice.

I just hope they dont try and give me the run around tomorrow.
Old 05-16-2009, 03:29 AM
javina80
2nd Gear Member

they either used the old *** Hunter tire machine or the Coats machine with no protective cover on the head....lol.... The last shop I worked at we had a Korgi machine, now that machine could mount a tire on butter..... Common issues with Pep Girls, thats where I started out wrenching.... They got a lot of kids fresh out of high school bustin tires for 7 bucks an hour...... As we all know..... Some kids just don't care..... Goin in to when I started (10years ago), I knew doing something with cars was gonna be my profession so I learned everything bout mounting up and balancing tires.... That what happened to your wheel was just careless and un-professional work....
Old 05-16-2009, 03:31 AM
javina80
2nd Gear Member

if they give you a heap or crap, ask for the corporate number, or for their DM's number.... Pep Girls' DM's like getting calls on Saturdays.....lol
Old 05-16-2009, 03:35 AM
evil06gt
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by javina80
they either used the old *** Hunter tire machine or the Coats machine with no protective cover on the head....lol.... The last shop I worked at we had a Korgi machine, now that machine could mount a tire on butter..... Common issues with Pep Girls, thats where I started out wrenching.... They got a lot of kids fresh out of high school bustin tires for 7 bucks an hour...... As we all know..... Some kids just don't care..... Goin in to when I started (10years ago), I knew doing something with cars was gonna be my profession so I learned everything bout mounting up and balancing tires.... That what happened to your wheel was just careless and un-professional work....
To be honest with you i was just gonna let it go, Im shy when it comes to confrontations or making scenes but that sales rep was a total a$$hole. He didnt even look at the rim and told me ''it was already like that'' I cant believe i paid to get my rims butchered
Old 05-16-2009, 03:36 AM
evil06gt
1st Gear Member

if they give you a heap or crap, ask for the corporate number, or for their DM's number.... Pep Girls' DM's like getting calls on Saturdays.....lol
Good stuff, whats dm's though
Old 05-16-2009, 03:39 AM
javina80
2nd Gear Member

yeap.... some of their service writers are even worse than their installers/techs.... sorry bout your bad experience..... hope you get it fixed though... let me know if you have issues with em..... which pep girls was it? i still know some people in the "in"....
Old 05-16-2009, 03:40 AM
javina80
2nd Gear Member

DM's are district managers.... they like callas from mad customers on saturdays....
Old 05-16-2009, 03:42 AM
evil06gt
1st Gear Member

yeap.... some of their service writers are even worse than their installers/techs.... sorry bout your bad experience..... hope you get it fixed though... let me know if you have issues with em..... which pep girls was it? i still know some people in the "in"....
It was pepboys in Atlantic blvd, i think its monterey park. Since you use to work there Do you think they will try and give me the run around ?
Old 05-16-2009, 03:46 AM
javina80
2nd Gear Member

nah.... they wont, more than likely they will cut you a check for the amount of the estimate and write up a report and make you sign some stuff..... but if they do.... raise hell... i can educate you a bit of wheel mounting procedures if you need fire power if it gets that far....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pep boys FTL!!!