Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of selling my car soon...

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 10:14 AM
mikeysGT
4th Gear Member

Default Thinking of selling my car soon...

first off mygt500 i'm not sure where i should post this so if you move it just make sure you let me know so i don't lose it somewhere and can't find it haha

BUT... seriously... never thought i'd be doing this but i have some growing up to do now and rethink my priorities. i'll be graduating college in three weeks and looking to buy a house in a few months. this car is my daily driver, track/show car. i've thought about a few options...

1) part the performance parts out of the car and leave the exterior the way it is only stock performance wise. i figured last night at work maybe i can squeeze out about 3k-3500 worth of performance mods. then buy myself an old 60's project all out race car for the track and leave the mustang as my daily driver/show car.

2) sell the car completely as is and hope i can at least break even on what i owe. (i'd be happy with that). then take out a loan for a project car and a used daily driver. figure an old muscle car i can piece together for a lot cheaper than it would take me to build my daily driver into a race car and fear of blowing my engine leaving me without a car.

here's the background on the car. still owe 19k on it. minor dings and light swirls from daily driving. no major damage

2006 mustang gt premium- Auto w/ upgraded interior package
61k miles with oil change very 3k using either royal purple or castrol syntec only
11.46 @ 116mph

mods-
gt500 front end conversion
trufiber gts3 hood
Roush louvers
Roush wing
Eibach pro-kit springs
tint
18x9 and 18x10 black saleen replicas
nitto 555 295/45/18's and 255/45/18's
MMR rear seat delete kit
SOS cupholder nitrous switch panel
MAC axlebacks with black powdercoated tips
Smoked taillights

perf. mods- (420rwhp/523rwtq)
JLT CAI
Dynotune nitrous kit
American Racing Header o/r x longtube combo
Spyder Driveshaft
4.10 gears
CHE adj panhard bar
CHE anti-squat brackets
BMR adj upper control arm
BMR lower control arms
BMR driveshaft safety loop
BAER Decelarotor drilled/slotted rotors w/ performance pads

track rim setup-
15" summit stars 15x4 15x8's
MH drag radials and front runners w/ only two track passes on them
3/8 spacer
ARP studs
Gorilla open end lugs

what do you guys think would be my best bet?

a) part out only the performance parts and pay the car down to about 14-15k and sell it with all the exterior stuff the way it is?

b) part out EVERY mod including exterior stuff and returning it completely to stock

c) try getting the 19k i owe on it as is without the track setup which i could sell seprately.. figuring i could ask 18k for it as is since i could pay the other 1k off with the sale of the track setup.

i figure i could still enjoy the car for a couple more months but honestly i'm at the point where i'm at the cars limits and dont have anywhere else to go but build a motor and F/I which will take me at least a year to save up for. i'm trying to get into a house and stop with the insane amount of time and money i spend on the mustang as a daily driver/track/show car. figure i could really enjoy myself driving an "almost stock" daily driver, and then going all out with a track only muscle car and shoot for a 9 sec track car in the future. I sat at work for 8 hours tonight thinking about what i should do and really need your help steering me in the right direction.

if i decide to part it out i'll list all my parts on this forum first for a few days before posting it on the other forums so you can call dibs on all my parts. i'd HATE to sell the car exactly as it sits and have some knucklehead kid buy it locally and me see it driving around town and on the track after i built it to where it is now.

here are a few pics...

video in my sig and follow the streetfire links...
Old 05-17-2009, 11:18 AM
tungsten07
2nd Gear Member

as is without the track stuff I think 18-19k is defintely an option. i don't see why you couldn't get that.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:23 AM
antipeterleague
3rd Gear Member

oh ****!!! this car is much nicr than mine and i couldn't even sell mine.

maybe you should reconsider haha
Old 05-17-2009, 11:32 AM
mikeysGT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by tungsten07
as is without the track stuff I think 18-19k is defintely an option. i don't see why you couldn't get that.
you think so?? what do you mean without the track stuff? sell the performance and suspension stuff along with the nitrous and track rim setup and sell the car afterwards for that much? i doubt i can get that much with the mileage it has. i'm starting to lean on keeping it the way it is, selling the nitrous and holding back on the track days soon. then buying a DD on the side.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:12 PM
S197steve
4th Gear Member

I think your best bet would be to sell it the way it is... minus the nitrous kit and the track rims you just recently got.
Old 05-17-2009, 03:40 PM
wolfpup
bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay

oh wow mike thats crazy... good luck with watever u decide to do man
Old 05-17-2009, 03:57 PM
cherrycandy001

I don't know what advice to give you but that is a bad mother ****er!!!!
Old 05-17-2009, 04:07 PM
zporta
5th Gear Member

dont sell!!!
Old 05-17-2009, 05:26 PM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

de-mod and keep it bro.

Looks good as fck and no reason why you have to race anybody to proove its fast.

thats alot of miles I dont see you getting what you owe IMHO.

A house is a much cooler mod then any car I have come across, last time I checked.

Good luck
Old 05-17-2009, 05:50 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Sell off as much of the car as you can and pay the car loan down. The payoff was high back when the car business was hot and now your mileage is even higher. I know you can sell it because its visually attractive, but you gotta get your payoff clooser to where you can sell it without feeling you took a major hit. Dont try and sell it overnight and try to ride it out as Im sure there are many out there who love your car and some that will bite.

Quick Reply: Thinking of selling my car soon...