Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone who has a wide band air/fuel gauge help a man out

Old 05-17-2009, 10:36 PM
mustanglouie
2nd Gear Member

Default Anyone who has a wide band air/fuel gauge help a man out

Hey guys I have been doing some searching and trying to find the best deal on a wide band gauge. Is there any way you guys could give me some ideas of good brands to go with and maybe some pics of your set ups. I would really like to know how you guys went about installing it as well. I am alittle confused on what to look for and what is all involved.
Thanks for the help in advance.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:53 PM
07musclemustang
4th Gear Member

get an innovative. its about the best,
its a sensor installed pre cat, a wiring harness and modual, and the guage is badass, you can change the back and the rim and it datalogs and works well with the sct xcal3
the aem works well to but i went with the innovative its roush vent pod mounted.
good luck with your search.
I installed mine myself, but i pulled off my x pipe and brought it to a buddy to weld in the bung and then reinstalled. and ran wires off a switch add a fuse under the hood.
i might get energetic and get a pic.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:10 AM
jahudso2
4th Gear Member

Since you have an offroad h-pipe, you can just unscrew one of your rear 02 sensors and replace it with your wideband.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:13 AM
cobra443
4th Gear Member

I have the auto meter cobalt, install was pretty easy, just unplugged one of my 02's, plugged in the provided sensor, ran the wiring. Just used add-a-circuit in my passenger side fuse box, and connected the wires. Works like a champ.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:15 AM
zkiller
4th Gear Member

Just add a bung in the exhaust IN FRONT of the CATs for your sensor. That is the correct way to do it and it cost about 20 bucks at a muffler shop.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:51 PM
Dblex
2nd Gear Member

subscribed
Old 05-18-2009, 02:06 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

I'm running the AEM UEGO. I bought it from an eBay powerseller for like $220. It uses a Bosch sensor and seems to be generally regarded as being good/accurate. I've had zero issues with it. The one thing I liked is that it came with two faces (black and white) and also 2 bezels (black and silver), so you can have it look a few different ways.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:42 PM
07musclemustang
4th Gear Member

yes i agree
DO NOT PUT THE WIDEBAND 02 SENSOR AFTER IN THE REAR LOCATION
Yes if your running an offroad pipe its not too big of a deal but still you want as clean of a signal as possible, must be before cats (if you have) just pull the pipe off and take it to a shop and have them put in the bung pre cat, mines in the drivers side, just like the oem one on the passenger side.
idealy i would like two but what can you do, ones good enough, the sct datalogs a narrowband in each side so i can compare for stoich
the innovate kit comes with the bungs.

Last edited by 07musclemustang; 05-18-2009 at 03:45 PM. Reason: stupid computer (maybe a user issue)
Old 05-18-2009, 05:17 PM
mustanglouie
2nd Gear Member

alright thanks for the input fellas. I will keep searching for the brand that looks good for me and make sure it has all the componets that you guys mentioned.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:02 PM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

As far as the bung, make sure it's at a proper angle AND will allow room for the sensor. The sensor must angle upward (near vertical is preferred), so any moisture wont accumulate on it. Just make sure there is room where the bung is welded; you can get a picture of what I'm talking about by looking at one of the stock O2 sensors.
And yes it must be before the cats, if any.

I use a PLX wideband air/fuel module with a Bosch sensor, connected to a VEI digital wideband gauge (see my sig).
Depends on the look you want and what functionality you need, too. Being able to datalog with the wideband is essential IMO; the SCT's support analog inputs, so having a system that provides an external analog signal is very useful (most do).

My 2 cents.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone who has a wide band air/fuel gauge help a man out