Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New wind deflector for convertible :)

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 04:55 PM
atldave
2nd Gear Member

Default New wind deflector for convertible :)

My new wind deflector arrived today. I got the one made by lovethedrive.com, but I saved a lot of money by finding a used one on EBay. (Just be sure to by one specifically made for the 2005-09 Mustang.) Check out the pics on the website: http://www.lovethedrive.com/mustang2.htm These are a lot clearer than any that I could take.

I am very pleased with this product. The deflector fits like a glove. The brackets and straps line up perfectly and it fits tight without rattles at highway speeds. The windscreen is sized to fit under a lightbar if you have one of those. It takes about 5 minutes to pop the windscreen in and strap it down. There's no reason to take it off, though, unless someone needs to sit in the rear seat.

I got this for two reasons: (1) my wife and daughter don't like their long hair blowing around; (2) I drive on the highway a LOT and find that the wind noise and turbulence gets tiresome after a while.

So.... the big question is how well it works. I have to say that it works perfectly. There's almost no turbulence even at highway speeds. My cups don't blow out the cupholders and my daughter's hair doesn't twist into knots. The wind noise is way down so I can enjoy my stereo too. Folding the vertical screen down will allow a pleasant breeze when I'm in town and by myself, but there's still less turbulence in the cockpit. In terms of the dollars/driving enjoyment ratio, this was a smart purchase.
Old 05-18-2009, 06:32 PM
ab
2nd Gear Member

That cool. Thanks for the review.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:25 PM
drfnw

Have to agree, its a great product. Let's me get to work ready to work.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:27 PM
jdphillips73
4th Gear Member

i have the windblocker from cdc along with the light bar... id say i like it alot better than the one in your pics...
it looks rigged with the gaps and leaning.... looks like its flopping around...

my cdc windblocker installs directly in the light bar for a snug factory looking fit and is removable in about 60 seconds...

jmo
Old 06-01-2009, 09:33 PM
roadracer516
1st Gear Member

I had that one, it is a nice unit! I now have the Bosal Oris one as I did some testing for them. You will be able to drive with the top down in MUCH cooler weather and the wife and daughter will love it!
Old 06-01-2009, 10:32 PM
atldave
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by roadracer516
I had that one, it is a nice unit! I now have the Bosal Oris one as I did some testing for them. You will be able to drive with the top down in MUCH cooler weather and the wife and daughter will love it!
Nice lookin' ride, Roadracer! I haven't seen that interior/exterior combination before but really like it. I have to say that the tonneau cover gives a much more "finished" look, though I'm probably too lazy to mess with it. My top goes up and down several times a day.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:45 AM
roadracer516
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by atldave
Nice lookin' ride, Roadracer! I haven't seen that interior/exterior combination before but really like it. I have to say that the tonneau cover gives a much more "finished" look, though I'm probably too lazy to mess with it. My top goes up and down several times a day.
Thanks for the props! I would say if you put your top up and down all the time, the tonneau cover might be a problem. My top goes up about once a month for a wash. Otherwise she sits comfortable in the garage waiting for me to rev her up.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:50 AM
denice25
1st Gear Member

great... thanks for the share..
Old 06-02-2009, 03:47 PM
atldave
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jdphillips73
i have the windblocker from cdc along with the light bar... id say i like it alot better than the one in your pics...
it looks rigged with the gaps and leaning.... looks like its flopping around...

my cdc windblocker installs directly in the light bar for a snug factory looking fit and is removable in about 60 seconds...

jmo
Yep, if I had a light bar I'd probably go with the CDC model you've got. It would look more seamless.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:22 AM
FloRida Livin
Former Sponsor

Default Wind Deflector for convertible

I know this is an OLD Post- but for those of your who are searching the threads for info on convertible wind deflectors- I would be doing you a disservice if I didnt tell you about ours-
doesnt take up back seat
stores in a 18" X 12" case
easy install and removal
no tools required
no bulky part to store
best value going.
Any questions about available model years or colors please email me. Many new options coming soon!
See email and web link below.
Best regards to all

Last edited by FloRida Livin; 05-25-2011 at 08:23 AM. Reason: added info

Quick Reply: New wind deflector for convertible :)