Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ever "Brake checked" a cop?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 09:49 AM
chain1
4th Gear Member

The left lane is for passing. If you're in the left lane and you are not passing anyone, you should not be in the left lane.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:00 AM
VistaStangGT
1st Gear Member

HAve I ever brake checked a cop? Yes I have. On I 80 in Indiana on my way to Chicago. THere was an unmarked State Trooper tailgating me. I didn't even have a fast car at the time. I was going right on the speed limit with the cruise set there and in the right lane. This car comes flying up on me then starts tailgating. I could see in my mirror that it was an unmarked car, you could see the lights behind the windshield. The cop then backed off and sped right up on me again. I could tell he was trying to see if he could get me speed up or try to race him. He did this back and forth thing a couple more times. I finally got tired of it and as he was coming back on me again, I hit the brakes. He literally had to switch lanes to not hit me. He gave me a pretty nasty look as he went by but I think he realized he was in the wrong and kept on going.
I was literally shaking from the adrenaline after that.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:12 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

He was in a hurry and you were in his way, thats all.
Dont mess with the bull or you will get the horns....
Old 05-21-2009, 11:55 AM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

nice man thats awsome i hate cops haha
Old 05-21-2009, 12:44 PM
TheNJDevil
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05 Mustang
you've got that right.....they're suppose to be the ones setting an example for others, but most of the time when you see a cop their either speeding (no lights on), weaving in & out of traffic, not using their turn signals or something else that makes you mad because you know if you were doing it you could get a ticket!
Talking about setting an example, can't tell you how many Los Angeles cops I've seen in the last couple weeks talking on the phone without a headset (it's the law). but that's a whole other subject . . .
Old 05-21-2009, 02:06 PM
richmod
4th Gear Member

To be fair, most of the cops I see around here are doing the speed limit and obeying traffic laws like everyone else (you always know when there is a cop somewhere in the vicinity because everyone is doing the exact speed limit or less). Unfortunately for the majority of good cops, its' the ones acting like a$$holes that you remember and post about on internet forums.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:36 PM
cobrakiller347
2nd Gear Member

lol its off topic but last night i was on my way home on a 5 lane road and 4 ricers were slaloming back and forth across 3 of the lanes really fast so i decided to swerve at them.... it was the funniest thing i have ever seen lol 3 imports trying to get outta the way of a crazy mustang owner...
Old 05-21-2009, 02:37 PM
PSUSkier
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by richmod
To be fair, most of the cops I see around here are doing the speed limit and obeying traffic laws like everyone else (you always know when there is a cop somewhere in the vicinity because everyone is doing the exact speed limit or less). Unfortunately for the majority of good cops, its' the ones acting like a$$holes that you remember and post about on internet forums.
Seconded. My uncle is of the not asshat variety cop, which is great, but unfortunately there are way too many that deserve a knee to the groin.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:38 PM
smokestang
3rd Gear Member

Several years ago i was headed to work at 4am in my 97 cobra(which i had just bought) and a car comes up on me, and i can tell its a trooper. he proceeds to tailgate me for about 2 miles...now mind you this is a desolate 2 lane highway with no street lamps and nothing but woods, so its really dark! he was already kinda blinding me my tailgating, but then he decides to flip on the spotlight...which just happened to be pointed directly at my back window and because i was looking in the rearview..i was totaly blinded by the light(i actually saw spots) I was so pissed i veered off onto the shoulder and skidded to a stop! the cop overshot me and had to put it in reverse! HAHA ...so of course now he throws on the disco lights and pulls in behind me. when he comes up to the car i can see there actually two cops(one on each side) and he says to me "why did you do that"? I said cause you f**kin blided me and i needed to get off the road why i could still see! real nice move officer! he actually chuckled and appologized. he said he couldnt see my temp tag in the window and thats why he threw the spotlight on me! anyway, they quickly let me go and were full of appologies. as he walked away he says "nice car". I laugh about it now, but at the time i was ready to go to jail! LOL.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:48 PM
Red Beast
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TheNJDevil
Talking about setting an example, can't tell you how many Los Angeles cops I've seen in the last couple weeks talking on the phone without a headset (it's the law). but that's a whole other subject . . .
i see cops all the time that get to an intersection, and if its red for him, but nobody is coming the other way usually they will just stroll through... i do like cops, i mean, they do serve a purpose... and they do help out, ex: a guy brought a gun to my college yesterday and the cops showed up in notime, (SCC) the UCI one was a fake, but at my school a dude brought a rifle... luckily i take mornin classes and he came at night, but i work by my college so i saw when it all went down.... but sometimes cops do just need to settle down and relax....

Quick Reply: Ever "Brake checked" a cop?