Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blown-Novi 2200

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 05:48 AM
JMoraru
2nd Gear Member

Default Blown-Novi 2200

Im sitting here...havent slept since yesterday and should be picking up my Novi 2200 intercooled kit at 9:30am. It is the complete kit...intercooler, polished head unit, all piping/hardware, fuel pump, tuner,etc and is completely brand new...for $3250. Doesnt seem like a scam and i already paid 2/3 of it..the rest will be in cash when we meet.

Now, from the pictures everything appears to be in the bags and boxed still. The guy said the only thing taken out was the head unit, which still has plastic on it. Is there a checklist i can go by just to make sure? Any way of checking the head unit...even though its new.

I really want to install it this weekend, but am not sure if i should. First, i cannot really afford the gauges and im not sure about a dyno tune either. Secondly, i will be doing it myself and the most complex work ive done on cars is longtubes, springs, brakes, waterpump...will i be able to get by fair easily? I dont care about having the follow instructions and take time..i can do that, but it anything really complicated?

After the install is there any break in procedures? Should i wait to get dynoed to get on it hard? Anything else i should know?

By the way.... if this deals goes through it will be my 2nd huge bargain for parts on my car. Got a $7000 3 piece forged wheel package for $1800 and now a supercharger for almost half price

Oh yea, and i may be selling my MGW shifter, jlt/ xcal 3, and steeda mufflers to help fund the supercharger completion.

Last edited by JMoraru; 05-23-2009 at 05:58 AM.
Old 05-23-2009, 06:15 AM
JMoraru
2nd Gear Member

Default Blown-Novi 2200

Alright,i know i posted this in the other forum too, but i need quick responses to some of my questions and will get more traffic here.

Im sitting here...havent slept since yesterday and should be picking up my Novi 2200 intercooled kit at 9:30am. It is the complete kit...intercooler, polished head unit, all piping/hardware, fuel pump, tuner,etc and is completely brand new...for $3250. Doesnt seem like a scam and i already paid 2/3 of it..the rest will be in cash when we meet.

Now, from the pictures everything appears to be in the bags and boxed still. The guy said the only thing taken out was the head unit, which still has plastic on it. Is there a checklist i can go by just to make sure? Any way of checking the head unit...even though its new.

I really want to install it this weekend, but am not sure if i should. First, i cannot really afford the gauges and im not sure about a dyno tune either. Secondly, i will be doing it myself and the most complex work ive done on cars is longtubes, springs, brakes, waterpump...will i be able to get by fair easily? I dont care about having the follow instructions and take time..i can do that, but it anything really complicated?

After the install is there any break in procedures? Should i wait to get dynoed to get on it hard? Anything else i should know?

By the way.... if this deals goes through it will be my 2nd huge bargain for parts on my car. Got a $7000 3 piece forged wheel package for $1800 and now a supercharger for almost half price

Oh yea, and i may be selling my MGW shifter, jlt/ xcal 3, and steeda mufflers to help fund the supercharger completion.
Old 05-23-2009, 08:42 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

congrats on the S/C purchase...

did you get a tuner & basic tune with the kit? if so, you should be good with that until you can go in for a dyno tune to dial everything in.

you might want to also think about changing out your spark plugs.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:36 AM
cobrakiller347
2nd Gear Member

ya colder plugs
Old 05-23-2009, 10:55 AM
JMoraru
2nd Gear Member

well, i got it and it seems everything is there except maybe the instruction manual and something else, but as far as parts list it's everything. its the complete polished kit, intercooled, injectors, pump, mafia, predator, etc.

i was wondering...the tuner i will most likely use only uses SCT. could i use the mafia and then use the sct to get tuned?
Old 05-23-2009, 11:36 AM
S197steve
4th Gear Member

Great deal, if you don't mind me asking where did you get it?
Old 05-23-2009, 02:16 PM
JMoraru
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Steve O Chap
Great deal, if you don't mind me asking where did you get it?
craigslist.com
Old 05-23-2009, 03:54 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JMoraru
well, i got it and it seems everything is there except maybe the instruction manual and something else, but as far as parts list it's everything. its the complete polished kit, intercooled, injectors, pump, mafia, predator, etc.

i was wondering...the tuner i will most likely use only uses SCT. could i use the mafia and then use the sct to get tuned?
the instruction manual is missing??

as far as tuners go, that won't matter too much. the mafia should have a basic tune for the car to run on, then when you take it to an individual shop, they can do their thing with the SCT tuner....only thing is, your going to end up having to buy a new tuner, unless you already have one.

my shop (http://www.mvperformance.com/catalog/index.php) uses the Predator Diablosport

Last edited by 05 Mustang; 05-23-2009 at 03:57 PM.
Old 05-23-2009, 06:28 PM
JMoraru
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05 Mustang
the instruction manual is missing??

as far as tuners go, that won't matter too much. the mafia should have a basic tune for the car to run on, then when you take it to an individual shop, they can do their thing with the SCT tuner....only thing is, your going to end up having to buy a new tuner, unless you already have one.

my shop (http://www.mvperformance.com/catalog/index.php) uses the Predator Diablosport
i got my gears installed at MV Performance. The first set started whining bad, they said they never really have that problem and replaced them no questions asked. I must say they are some nice guys and stand up behind their work.

I was going to go to modular powerhouse to get it dynoed though. this is only because i know how many cars they have tuned and the reputation they have built as far as tuning goes. i may actually just go to MV. i know MV is not inexperienced, but i know MPH much better.

also, i now have a Diablo Predator(and Mafia) AND the SCT Xcal3
Old 05-24-2009, 08:04 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JMoraru
i got my gears installed at MV Performance. The first set started whining bad, they said they never really have that problem and replaced them no questions asked. I must say they are some nice guys and stand up behind their work.

I was going to go to modular powerhouse to get it dynoed though. this is only because i know how many cars they have tuned and the reputation they have built as far as tuning goes. i may actually just go to MV. i know MV is not inexperienced, but i know MPH much better.

also, i now have a Diablo Predator(and Mafia) AND the SCT Xcal3
sounds like you have a plan. good luck

Quick Reply: Blown-Novi 2200