Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 GT500 or 07 C6 vette

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 04:45 PM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

some of you guys are comparing the c6 Z06 and that is another world, it has diff susupension then the regular c6 so ride comfort is def diff. Z06 over the gt500 forsure but thats not the debate is a regular c6 so I say gt500 and get it to look like SS

The c6 is even light yrs ahead of the c5 so you cant even comare those 2 either and the guy with the 02 z06 lol a regular c6 would prob eat it alive the c6 are completly new beast and even c5 z06 are not anything to special when compared to the c6.

Its like a s197 vs a new edge in a sence when u compare c5 s c6

add a couple more grand and you can get into a c6 z06
Old 05-26-2009, 05:05 PM
05fastblk
2nd Gear Member

i totally agree with the c6 being totally different and better. My brothers vette is modded so it would eat a stock c6. The mustang in my opinion is just way more comfortable. but if i had a choice between c6 zo6 and gt500, i would have to say vette!
Old 05-26-2009, 05:10 PM
Cassie01GT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05fastblk
i totally agree with the c6 being totally different and better. My brothers vette is modded so it would eat a stock c6. The mustang in my opinion is just way more comfortable. but if i had a choice between c6 zo6 and gt500, i would have to say vette!
ZO6 isnt an option its C6 vette vs GT500 cause both 07s are pretty close to the same price range.

And to the person who said the C6 has more potential in power than the GT500 I dont see how. You can easily obtain 600rwhp out of the GT500 and the C6 would take quite a few mods to even get up to 450rwhp

All staying n/a with the vette that is. You cant throw a blower on it and keep it in the same price range as the GT500
Old 05-26-2009, 05:13 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

I agree with TOMBSTANG on C5 vs C6...
And come to think of it, a $35K used C6 Z06 is a lot of car for the money.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:28 PM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

well if the z is out of your price range then its a no brainer IMO go for the GT500.

as far as getting the c6 hp up it isnt hard at all they get huge gains from just bolts ons and if you s/c it your a beast just like that too but IMO you cant beat the looks of the gt500 SS, dont have to be a ss but toss that hood on and your looking good. Dam good.

now if you were to widebody the vette then it would be a tough call in the looks department.

Have you driven either car yet? that should be a deciding factor forsure, test drive em both and see how they feel and that should help your choice.

Good luck
Old 05-26-2009, 05:32 PM
breathegood
2nd Gear Member

How do you plan on driving it? I ask because I have been shopping C6's for a few months now and I've made a few observations. I'm just not feeling the Mustang, but it does have advantages in some areas. I think the GT500 would be a better all around daily driver because it's definately got more room, better visability, more clearance, and smaller footprint. I think it will take a little more abuse than a Vette too. I haven't driven a GT500, but all of the C6's I've driven have been hands down nicer cars than my GT/CS. Way better fit and finish than any Mustang I've been around. The GT500 might have a slight advantage in straight line acceleration, but I think a base C6 with either the Z51 or F5 suspension package would walk away from the GT500 on a curvy road in a shameful way. IMO the 'Vette is a sportscar (almost supercar), and the GT500 is a plain and simple muscle car. Unless you plan to be competitive, I say drive both and go with the one that puts a smile on your face not just when you're mashing the gas peddle, but when you're just cruizing at the speed limit. Personally, the Mustang does nothing for me at cruise, which is where I do most of my driving. With all the squeeks and rattles I feel like I might as well be driving an old, beat up Taurus. The Corvette on the other hand, has a much higher fun factor for me.

As for power and build platform, I see it this way: GM is getting ~65-75% of the potential out of a larger block with 400HP for the 6.0L and 430HP with the 6.2L. This leaves a lot of room to grow before you even start talking about forced induction. People are getting 60-75HP out of an intake and tune. Headers put that # close to 100HP. Rather than try to squeeze what they could out of a smaller 5.4L, Ford made up for the lack of displacement with a blower. Which is fine, but ultimately, displacement will be the limiting factor.

I'm about 80% decided on going another route all together. I recently test drove a Porsche Cayman S and 911C4S. While the 911 just put the american cars to shame in just about every way, the Cayman seems to suit the way I want to drive a car. It may not have the HP and blistering acceleration of a lot of cars, but it handles like you would not believe. In places where the Mustang would make me nervouse, the Cayman just screams for more. I know this may not be the right venue to sing the praises of the Germans, but if you are looking to spend $40k on a car, you should at least consider some of the other options out there.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:44 PM
Rskapof
2nd Gear Member

I thought you could get a new C6 for cheaper, about 43 for the base.

I would go with a regular Mustang GT and install the Griggs GR40 suspension for 13 grand. Be the best handling car on the road. 1.22 g's in the skid pad, fast in the straight line, and still comfortable ride and drive.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:44 PM
Cassie01GT
1st Gear Member

I think a GT500 looks better than a C6 plus it seats more than 2. I wonder what the insurance difference would be
Old 05-26-2009, 08:54 PM
TypeS
2nd Gear Member

If you plan on leaving it close to stock I say GT500 because they are no where near as common as a C6 vette, but if you want to modify I say go with the vette. But then again for a DD the stang is probably more comfortable and definately has more room. Plus the sound of that blower is hard to give up.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:03 PM
Cassie01GT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TypeS
If you plan on leaving it close to stock I say GT500 because they are no where near as common as a C6 vette, but if you want to modify I say go with the vette. But then again for a DD the stang is probably more comfortable and definately has more room. Plus the sound of that blower is hard to give up.
Thats just the thing I like the fact that you don't see too many GT500s and I see a C6 vette every single day. They are more common than a new GT IMO
Atleast in my area

If I were to get a GT500 Id get a tune, a tad bit smaller pulley just enough to bump it up 2psi and then an exhaust. I don't see why I'd need more than 550-600hp at the fly

Quick Reply: 07 GT500 or 07 C6 vette