Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 2010 GT owner

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 09:49 PM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

Beautiful car!
Old 05-26-2009, 09:50 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Is the back-up camera picture in the rear-view mirror kewl or what!!

Another benefit of the rear-camera is the rear spoiler is actually larger because of the camera. Looks better in my opinion than the standard one
Old 05-26-2009, 09:51 PM
Never2mucHP
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rollin Thunder
I didnt realise the one I testdrove was candy apple red until I saw the sticker. Its a very nice color. What do you think of the shaker stereo?
This is a point of contention with me. I like the features of the stereo (voice activation, Sync, sat radio, etc) but the sound gets me. When I got it it seemed to have too much bass and midrange, and not nearly enough treble. Now I'm not what you'd call an audiophile, but I enjoy my music and this grated on me to no end. After tweaking it over the last few days, I still dont have it just how I want it, but it's better than it was.

Also, when it syncs my phone and I make a call, I have to turn the volume WAY up, everytime. Even then, the people on the other end still have difficulty hearing me.

Overall it's fantastic, and another feature I would rank at or above my MB, but it does have it's quirks.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:52 PM
timothyrw
3rd Gear Member

just saw my first 2010 in person and i have to say that, through the window, the interior looks fantastic!

nice car you got there!

Originally Posted by Never2mucHP
I think the waves in the leather are due to the softness; the leather in these are surprisingly plush. I traded a 08 Mercedes Benz C300 in on the GT, and I would put the GT's interior above the MB's in quality. I'm not too worried about the leather retaining waves or wrinkles, I'm pretty versed in taking care of these things and will be on the lookout!!
Old 05-26-2009, 09:56 PM
Ray's 08 GT

Nice Car!! I sat in one last week and I can say, the interior is light years better than the 05-09 models. I have an '08 so I was actually kind mad they made it that much better. lol So I would say the interior and the new contour from the door jams to the rear fenders are my favorite parts of the car. Now if only we could get a 350+ Hp V8.........

Nice Car.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:59 PM
Never2mucHP
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by wilkinda
Is the back-up camera picture in the rear-view mirror kewl or what!!

Another benefit of the rear-camera is the rear spoiler is actually larger because of the camera. Looks better in my opinion than the standard one

Easily one of the coolest features of the car! When I first got into the car at the dealer, I had no idea it had a camera. It's wasn't till I noticed it on the spoiler that cought my attention. I asked the sales guy where the video output to, and ha said the mirror. I checked again, but didnt notice any seams that would normaly accompany an lcd in a mirror, but sure enough start her up and put her in reverse and there it is.

Now there are those that scoff at the idea of a backup camera in a car, but my driveway slopes down and to the right on the the way out; and with the "whale tail" spoiler I cant see the concrete out the back. Now for me it's not to big of a deal, as I have backed out enough to do it with my eyes closed. However once the wife does it (a wife that has single handedly cost me body work on a avalance, corvette, and GTO due to her driving "skills") it will be worth it's weight in gold.

Also, it makes backing fully into parking spots a breeze.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:00 PM
ztalon
2nd Gear Member

Very, very nice looking car. The only bad thing is that it is making everyone waiting on a 2010 even more anxious to get their car and is serving a lot more temptation on us fence sitters.

Enjoy!
Old 05-26-2009, 10:04 PM
Never2mucHP
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ray's 08 GT
Nice Car!! I sat in one last week and I can say, the interior is light years better than the 05-09 models. I have an '08 so I was actually kind mad they made it that much better. lol So I would say the interior and the new contour from the door jams to the rear fenders are my favorite parts of the car. Now if only we could get a 350+ Hp V8.........

Nice Car.

This.

I traded a MB on the GT (as mentioned above) but before that I had a 450RWHP Corvette and a 500RWHP GTO. Coming directly off the lethargic MB makes the GT a blast to drive, but there is that little voice in my head that wispers of more.

I'm hoping I can hold that little voice back as long as I can, but eventually it'll start screaming, and then the 2010 will go under the knife.... Im thinking a S/C would be a nice start.

Last edited by Never2mucHP; 05-26-2009 at 10:14 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:10 PM
Never2mucHP
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ztalon
Very, very nice looking car. The only bad thing is that it is making everyone waiting on a 2010 even more anxious to get their car and is serving a lot more temptation on us fence sitters.

Enjoy!
Dont wait!!! Come to the dark side!
Old 05-26-2009, 10:10 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Cool

Originally Posted by Never2mucHP
This.

I traded a MB on the GT (as mentioned above) but before that I had a 450RWHP Corvette and a 500RWHP GTO. Coming directly of the lathargic MB makes the GT a blast to drive, but there is that little voice in my head that wispers of more.

I'm hoing I can hold that little voice back as long as I can, but eventually it'll start screaming, and then the 2010 will go under the knife.... Im think a S/C would be a nice start.
When i bought my '05 GT there was so many mods I wanted to do and just either did not have the time or the funds to do them. So when i ordered this one I opted for the 3.73 Rear-axle package to add some of the ummphh now rather than later. I drove one just like yours with that option and it was a blast. And you can select a "sport" mode on the traction control with this option as well...it was nice

Quick Reply: New 2010 GT owner