Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 2010 GT owner

Old 05-26-2009, 10:21 PM
Never2mucHP
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by wilkinda
When i bought my '05 GT there was so many mods I wanted to do and just either did not have the time or the funds to do them. So when i ordered this one I opted for the 3.73 Rear-axle package to add some of the ummphh now rather than later. I drove one just like yours with that option and it was a blast. And you can select a "sport" mode on the traction control with this option as well...it was nice

Do you one better: Car at 0mph, brake held, hold the T/C button for 5 sec turns AdvanceTrac off completely. No virtual babysitters FTW!

SportMode leaves on T/C and ESC, but it does reign them in some. Want to push the car to it's limits then AT OFF is the way to go....
Old 05-26-2009, 10:32 PM
boomee
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Never2mucHP
This.

I traded a MB on the GT (as mentioned above) but before that I had a 450RWHP Corvette and a 500RWHP GTO. Coming directly off the lethargic MB makes the GT a blast to drive, but there is that little voice in my head that wispers of more.

I'm hoping I can hold that little voice back as long as I can, but eventually it'll start screaming, and then the 2010 will go under the knife.... Im thinking a S/C would be a nice start.
just curious how does the gt compare with your old vette ( c-5?) and GTO i am thinking about a 2010 in grey bona blu or white but was also looking at used GTOs
Old 05-26-2009, 10:35 PM
cobrakiller347
2nd Gear Member

wow thats sexy lol its seriously the only 2010 that i have seen that i actually like!! great car man its beautiful
Old 05-26-2009, 10:58 PM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

Very nice car! There is a very similar one to yours (if not the same) at our dealer. It is pretty nice ! I got a kick out of it because they have an 05 V6 that was sitting in the show room and left the 2010 out all weekend and it rained all weekend. Lol! Dont know why they didn't just put that in the show room......
Old 05-27-2009, 01:06 AM
Rollin Thunder
2nd Gear Member

hey thanks for the info on the stereo. What gear ratio did you get??
Old 05-27-2009, 08:01 AM
kinoman2002
2nd Gear Member

This is the color I ordered April 17th. I am still waiting. It will look the same except the wheels. Mine will have 18" polished alluminum and the interior will be red with cashmere accent. I will post my picture as soon as I get the car. I will contact the dealer today. I know my car was manufactured May 18th so maybe it's on the dealers lot already.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:47 AM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by kinoman2002
This is the color I ordered April 17th. I am still waiting. It will look the same except the wheels. Mine will have 18" polished alluminum and the interior will be red with cashmere accent. I will post my picture as soon as I get the car. I will contact the dealer today. I know my car was manufactured May 18th so maybe it's on the dealers lot already.
That interior is GORGEOUS!! If it weren't for the fact that i have no love for a black or red car...no offense to those that do, just not my thang... I would have loved to have that color interior.

Congrats on the order and post pics when ya get them!!

on a side note...did you get your VIN # yet?? Still waiting on mine
Old 05-27-2009, 09:37 AM
Heliguy77
1st Gear Member

Default Just got my first Mustang.

I went out looking at the new F-150's and left with a beautiful Kona Blue GT! They had 3 on the lot, but this was the only one with the Premum package and the upgraded interior... Oh yea, and the 5 speed! I drove it home on Saturday, and took it in last night to get the "Go-Faster Stripes" put on. I went with 10' silver stripes with 2 quarter inch stripes on either side of the large ones. Its supposed to be done tonight. You can see my wifes 64 Chevy stepside in the background. She wants to race, and Im afraid she may beat me... That is until I get the super charger!!! Ill post pics of the stripes when I get them!

Old 05-27-2009, 10:11 AM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

cONGRATS and enjoy!!
Old 05-27-2009, 10:27 AM
kinoman2002
2nd Gear Member

Yes I have my VIN#. I've just called the dealer and talked to sales mngr, left my name and was advised to call back after 4 to find out the status. Damn I can't wait.
I still hope the car is on the lot and they just forgot to call me. This is actually what happened when I ordered my previous Mustang in 2006. The car was sitting parked on the lot and my salesman had couple of days off and no one bothered to call me. I hope this is the same scenario. The salesman that I dealt with has a day off today (???)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New 2010 GT owner