Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bullitt or base 2010?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 09:36 PM
Never2mucHP
2nd Gear Member

Another thing to consider about the Bullitts; many tout them as limited production, and by the definition that may be true, but a little research will show that Ford produced a little over 11,000 Bullitts in 08/09. Thats not exactly "rare".

Holding out hope that they may be a collector item at some point in the future might not be the best idea.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:59 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ato
Black Bullitts are lame, if it's not highland green I'm not interested.
Agreed. Bullitt's should ONLY come in their special green. Any other color is not deserving and a waste of paint.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:59 PM
Mrbobcat
2nd Gear Member

I could care less about it being a "collectors item". I just like the clean look without the badges and I always wanted a black car. If for some reason I don't put a lot of miles on it and end up keeping it, then that would be icing on the cake. Plus how many black ones have you seen on the street? I've seen a couple black mustang gt's and a camaro already, but have yet to see a bullitt in either color drive down the road (granted I live in a fairly small city). btw, I just checked KBB and my car is worth 6.5k in good condition (7k in exc. and 5.7k in fair) trade-in value. I know my tires are bad, but besides that I would say my car is between good and excellent and the two places I took it to only offered 5k for it! I wonder if I got new tires it would change it much? I doubt it. Maybe I should put it on autotrader or something as the private party value is between 8-9k (retail 11k). I've never raced it and if the right buying came along they might appreciate the upgrades I did to it (motor mounts, intake, header, cat-back, ground wires) while the dealer could care less about those things. Plus if I could sell it for for close to private party value, that should give me what I need to get payments where I want on a new car.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:19 PM
Ecorse

Originally Posted by Mrbobcat
Good advice nicksfoursix. I'm not actually planning on buying a car from the local dealership as it just seems like their numbers are off. Sure they can get me the "sale" price, plus my A-plan price and my trade-in, but they still want too much, which I think has to do with the interest rate. The dealership that has the Bullitt is in a bigger town and their "starting" prices are lower, but not sure how good that will do me with the A-plan as I believe it's around invoice pricing anyway if I'm not mistaken. btw, I think I really like the black Bullitts, but have'nt seen one in person yet. I've seen a couple green one's and those are nice too, but more common.
The A-plan price should be the same at any dealer for the identical vehicle. Other incentives usually apply to lower the A-plan price. Apparently less than 7000 08-09 Bullitts were produced. Last I heard about 20 percent of Bullitt production was black. This should be a total of less than 1500 cars. I have to admit I liked the black Bullitt so much I almost bought one last March. It was so 'stealthy looking' that it was hard to resist, especially when the dealer offered it to me for $23400! But my heart was set on Highland Green. You might have guessed that I'm into low-key cars.

Dave
Old 06-01-2009, 09:45 PM
Mrbobcat
2nd Gear Member

Wow, that was a good offer for one! I would take that but probably won't be that lucky. I drove to the big town to check out some 2010's today. I got sidetracked and looked at a WRX, but no good deals and I like the mustangs better (much better looking inside and out and shifter is smoother). When I got to the Ford dealership, they did'nt have any GT's. I guess they sell them as soon as they get off the truck. I should have went to the other dealership because they supposedly have 7-8, but could'nt find it and it was getting late. Anyway I really like the look of the 2010's even though they only had V6's there. It looks like I may have to wait though as the Subaru dealer only wanted to give me 3.5k for my car and I actually owe about 5k I guess. So instead of around 2k equity I thought I had, I apparently have 2k negative. I don't know how that can be right as I only have about a year to pay on it at 275/m, should be about 4k tops. I know my car is worth more than that...
Old 06-01-2009, 10:46 PM
Ray's 08 GT

2010 hands down.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:14 PM
Mrbobcat
2nd Gear Member

Ok guys, how about the 2009 GT? I know I'm downgrading a little, but there just looks like no way I can afford the 2010 right now and probably not the Bullitt either, plus the regular gt insurance should be slightly less. Anyway I found a new premium gray gt with 18" wheels and ground effects that looks pretty nice. The 09 body style is growing on me and if I had to build one of these myself I would pick this color and the exact options although I can't tell if it has the heated leather or not or the shaker 500 or 1000, but not a big deal. About the only thing I would have liked to add would have been the 3.55 or 3.73. As it is they are only asking 23950 and MSRP is about 30880. Now if I can get a-plan on top of that I would be all set, if not I still may want to wait and try to get a base 2010 after I pay may car down some more. I would think there should still be some good deals coming when they start putting the 5.0's in there, but who knows after my experience yesterday with the dealers trying to stick it to me on trade-in.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:36 PM
Mrbobcat
2nd Gear Member

quick update: it looks like both the Bullitt and 2010 base are out. I checked on rebates and they reduced it from 4.5k to 3k for the Bullitt. I don't know why, it seems like they should go up not down. Anyway, I finally drove a '10 base today and it did'nt really impress me. Yeah they are pretty nice looking. They had a black with 3.73, silver, dark blue, and grabber with a black stripe. I thought I wanted black, but after seeing them in person, the silver really stands out and the grabber looked good too, maybe a little darker. As far as driving I could'nt really tell any difference bet. the '09 and '10 performance wise, but the '10 did sound a little deeper. I did'nt care for the plastic steering wheel and the seats were not that good. I could'nt lower it enough to get comfortable either. I'm sure the leather power seats would be better, but no way I can afford that as this one was too expensive as the "lower" advertised price was actually x-plan pricing for everybody so I could'nt get any more off, except like $750 for some reason. Well all is not lost, I checked the site for that 2009 GT premium I was looking at yesterday and they knocked another grand off of it so it's just under 23k now. I figure I'll give them a call tomorrow and see about it. Too bad its about a 3 hour drive up to MI to see it...