Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally installing my 4.10's on Saturday!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 09:44 PM
GTItoGT
2nd Gear Member

Default Finally installing my 4.10's on Saturday!!!!

Cant wait!!!!

I think I've got everything. Only thing is I only have 2 bottles of royal purple gear oil and I think I read somewhere that its actually 3. If anybody knows post it up. I've got the install kit w/ new bearing kit, friction modifier and gears. If anybody needs a good full kit check out late model restoration that's where I got my kit, it comes w/ everything. I'll let you all know how it goes.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:48 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

nice good luck man how much did you pay for the kit
Old 05-28-2009, 09:59 PM
GTItoGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by deekum1627
nice good luck man how much did you pay for the kit
$259 for the whole kit. Its the most complete kit I could find. Quick shipping as well. very easy to deal with.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:43 AM
07vbluestang
2nd Gear Member

i had my 4.10 installed in february and was taken back to performance shop to have lube changed and i don't believe they added friction modifier. do i need it? they just added 3 quarts of royal purple.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:38 PM
brunobluto
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07vbluestang
i had my 4.10 installed in february and was taken back to performance shop to have lube changed and i don't believe they added friction modifier. do i need it? they just added 3 quarts of royal purple.
Probably not, most Royal Purple gear oil has the friction modifier blended in. But it would nt hurt to add some if your worried about it.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:45 PM
brunobluto
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by GTItoGT
Cant wait!!!!

I think I've got everything. Only thing is I only have 2 bottles of royal purple gear oil and I think I read somewhere that its actually 3. If anybody knows post it up. I've got the install kit w/ new bearing kit, friction modifier and gears. If anybody needs a good full kit check out late model restoration that's where I got my kit, it comes w/ everything. I'll let you all know how it goes.
Just a tip, now is a good time to replace your UCA with an adjustable piece. You will have the axle lowered out and it will be very easy to get to.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:41 PM
GTItoGT
2nd Gear Member

Install is done, everything went well. All I have to say is WOW. I cant put it into words. If you live in the city, this should be your #1 mod. Its amazing. it makes the car sooooooooooooo much easier to drive. And it pulls like hell. everything you read about highway revs is true, 80mph is right around 2900 or so rpm's. I'm sure my highway mileage will drop a bit but at this point I can definitely justify it with the performance. Its really amazing. I would say it feels about = to the gain you get form a CAI/tune.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:31 PM
kidnizmo
2nd Gear Member

Default nice

Originally Posted by GTItoGT
Install is done, everything went well. All I have to say is WOW. I cant put it into words. If you live in the city, this should be your #1 mod. Its amazing. it makes the car sooooooooooooo much easier to drive. And it pulls like hell. everything you read about highway revs is true, 80mph is right around 2900 or so rpm's. I'm sure my highway mileage will drop a bit but at this point I can definitely justify it with the performance. Its really amazing. I would say it feels about = to the gain you get form a CAI/tune.
yo dude nice now when you gonna help me do mines
Old 06-11-2009, 09:52 AM
East87
4th Gear Member

I have my 4.10's waiting to be put on. The performance shop I'm taking it to has advised against replacing all the bearings/seals because my car only has 10,000 miles.

GTItoGT, how many miles were on your car when you got the gears installed? Did your installer recommend any break-in period?
Old 06-11-2009, 03:05 PM
Mustangs4U
3rd Gear Member

Man, I want to do a set of gears so bad. I may be able to do it at the shop on base and save myself a lot of money. The guys at the shop said they would be able to help me and they have all the tools that I may need.

All I would have to pay for would be the parts.

Quick Reply: Finally installing my 4.10's on Saturday!!!!