Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fyi: Track pack available 8-3-09

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 04:33 PM
SMiller
2nd Gear Member

Default fyi: Track pack available 8-3-09

I spent a hour on the phone with Ford today trying to find out when the track pack was going to be available, my dealer has NO info and it's not in the ordering bank as of yet. You CAN'T get a spoiler with the TP (happy with that) and you CAN'T get the shaker 1000 (NOT happy about that!) also can't get stripes or any other louvers or hoodscopes or anything funny like that. SO 8-3-09 or after it is, needless to say I will be there putting my order in at 8:01am the day of...

I assume it would cost a ton to put the shaker 1000 in a Mustang that didn't come with it? Just to state what everyone already knows you must get the GT premium manual to get the trac-pack.

I hope this small amount of info helps someone, I will stay on Ford and the dealers to see if the date would happen to change.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:21 PM
Mrbobcat
2nd Gear Member

Interesting, I wonder if you'll be lucky enough to get the new motor and if it will cost any extra? I still can't believe there are going to put it in this year after already bumping up the hp and the interior improvements. I bet it will be an option package like the Cobra or Bullitt or something.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:23 PM
sponkey21
1st Gear Member

If the track pack is only available on manual cars that is an incredibly stupid decision by Ford. They would sell quite a few with auto as well. We will see what they do when they actually start offering it. I have also looked at galleries from many of the car review mags who tested Mustangs with the track pack, and many of them had spoilers, and some had the rear view camera in as well. I don't like the stripes or louvers or Shaker 1000 (I want the Nav) or anything that you can get, so no biggie there. I would get stripes put on aftermarket anyway.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:44 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

If the shaker 1000 is the same as the one in the 05-09, you don't want it anyway. My shaker 500 was *** and I doubt the subs with the 1000 are worth the extra cash.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:13 PM
boomee
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by sponkey21
If the track pack is only available on manual cars that is an incredibly stupid decision by Ford. They would sell quite a few with auto as well. We will see what they do when they actually start offering it. I have also looked at galleries from many of the car review mags who tested Mustangs with the track pack, and many of them had spoilers, and some had the rear view camera in as well. I don't like the stripes or louvers or Shaker 1000 (I want the Nav) or anything that you can get, so no biggie there. I would get stripes put on aftermarket anyway.

Who knows they might have sent the magazine specially optioned vehicles its happened before with other makes and modles
Old 06-02-2009, 10:20 PM
SMiller
2nd Gear Member

The cars in the magazine test wern't special, I have read and looked at every review there is. Alot of what I see is Ford sends several Mustangs to test, they will send on with the glass roof, nav., back up camera, auto trans, etc. and then send a track pack Mustang. There is no way the track pack will get a auto, and just to show that look at the 3.73 package that you can only get with the manual. I am super pumped to get me one, I have never owned a new car or a Mustang so should be fun. At least you can get the HID lights and a few other must have options.
Old 06-03-2009, 02:29 AM
sponkey21
1st Gear Member

That is just a seriously stupid choice if they do not offer it with auto. I had heard that they would offer it, and yes I do know that the 3.73 is not available on auto. They will lose a lot of people to the camaro because without the track pack the mustang can NOT come close to the camaro. I will not buy a new Mustang if I can't get a track pack on the new 6 speed auto, even if it does have a 5.0. Deal killer. The track pack is a fantastic deal, as all the separate parts from it cost a lot more. We will just have to see what they do...