Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which SuperCharger and WHY

Old 06-07-2009, 01:31 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by shanec
The TVS SC's (edelbrock & roush) are kinda like a hybrid twin screw & centri. Like a twin screw, they provide near instant boost. Like a centri, the boost climbs with rpm. Best of both worlds, IMO. And, allegedly, run at lower temps.

You realize that makes absolutely no sense at all, right?
Old 06-07-2009, 01:35 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by fakesnake
I do like my whipple h/o, btw just went to the smaller pulley setup they introduced in 09. Can really feel the difference. Adds 50 hp I think. My car is lowered with the Ford kit. Works well but may be too low for you as I can grate over speed bumps. Wheels and tires are gt500 takeoffs. Best wheel tire value out there by far. Good luck.
I'd just like to correct you on the smaller pulley setup they introduced in 09. I'm not aware of any new pulley size. They may include a smaller pulley with the generation II whipples for some reason, but people have been running smaller pulleys well before 09.

Does anyone know what diameter pulley the new whipples come with?
Old 06-07-2009, 04:25 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by UMich97
Thanks for the tips. As of today, my thought is to not have to do any forging, simply because I'd like to just shoot for around 450hp roughly, give or take and want to try to keep the costs down as much as I can. Basically my main goal would be to improve the low end response/power (as well as high end, but low end is what's missing the most on stock IMO) and get it faster than most stock cars on the road (just for my own satisfaction ).
You're one lucky dude...
The rest of us still try to figure out what we want.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:58 PM
UMich97
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
You're one lucky dude...
The rest of us still try to figure out what we want.
Haha, believe me, there is still plenty I still need to figure out.

...and some of them are even pretty small, such as what color fuel door I want.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:34 PM
gothamems
3rd Gear Member

I can't believe that nobody has suggested a Kenne Bell 2.6L supercharger set up, one of the leaders in forced induction for years.... That's what;s going in my car!

Last edited by gothamems; 06-07-2009 at 08:41 PM.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:26 PM
Dblex
2nd Gear Member

I too would like to subscribe. I want to do the same thing, but interested in total costs!

Supercharger
install
Gauge/pod
Gauges..

I would like to see some numbers too! I need to know how much Im going to need to save! And dont forget installation! $$$$$
Old 06-07-2009, 10:45 PM
fakesnake
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by moosestang
I'd just like to correct you on the smaller pulley setup they introduced in 09. I'm not aware of any new pulley size. They may include a smaller pulley with the generation II whipples for some reason, but people have been running smaller pulleys well before 09.

Does anyone know what diameter pulley the new whipples come with?
Hi Moosestang
Call Mike at Whipple. I have an 07 with a gen 1 whipple. The first set up I had was a non H/O. I went for the H/O after the dealer totaled my car on a test drive after I ordered a new smaller pulley (6 to 8 psi). I got a new car and transferred the whipple. Then I added the H/O setup which included the intercooler, gt 500 fuel pump and and other stuff. It came with a new pulley a 3.375, or 10 psi. Mike says the new h/o set up has a smaller pulley than mine 3.125 psi for 12 psi and a new tune ( but the tune was only worth 5 hp) the pulley adding about 50. I also got a new tensioner from saleen, another new pulley wheel and a new smaller Gates belt. The car is much more "twichy" than before, with a faster rush to redline, and I can much more easily break the tires lose.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:13 PM
thedrod
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by gothamems
I can't believe that nobody has suggested a Kenne Bell 2.6L supercharger set up, one of the leaders in forced induction for years....
No kidding!!!! Would be first on my list of SCs too! Right up there with Whipple.

Unmistakable sound too

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeWOTweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeWOTweeeeeeeeeeee

Sorry....
Old 06-07-2009, 11:22 PM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by gothamems
I can't believe that nobody has suggested a Kenne Bell 2.6L supercharger set up, one of the leaders in forced induction for years.... That's what;s going in my car!
Oldschool supercharger brands are headed for dead, they're just playing catchup at this point relying heavily on their name. Technology has just advanced too quickly.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:25 PM
thedrod
3rd Gear Member

I have to admit TechCo and Saleen did some pretty amazing things....edelbrock too.....

But I have yet to see a video as fun to watch as this one on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lQX3cOAbes

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Which SuperCharger and WHY