Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

N0 Progressive Learning on Brenspeed Tunes

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 01:17 PM
07 GT/CS
1st Gear Member

Thumbs up N0 Progressive Learning on Brenspeed Tunes

There has been some discusion regarding custom tunes. I called Brenspeed today to find out if they disable the progressive learning on our cars computers when they write there tunes and they do 100% disable it. If you feel a difference in your cars drivability or acceleration it is do to something else not the tune.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:46 PM
East87
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07 GT/CS
There has been some discusion regarding custom tunes. I called Brenspeed today to find out if they disable the progressive learning on our cars computers when they write there tunes and they do 100% disable it. If you feel a difference in your cars drivability or acceleration it is do to something else not the tune.
Yea that was one of the things I noticed (besides the awesome throttle response) was that even after a few weeks, it was still just as touchy as it was when I first loaded the tune. I wasn't sure if the zippiness of the tune would go away as a result of adaptive learning. Brenspeed is pretty solid.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:30 PM
kpaulhus
4th Gear Member

GOOOOOD I just ordered my new race tune last night
Old 06-11-2009, 03:09 PM
Socal6r

so what affects driveability or acceleration if it isn't the adaptive learning?
Old 06-11-2009, 03:15 PM
East87
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Socal6r
so what affects driveability or acceleration if it isn't the adaptive learning?
Bad gas, dirty throttle body...stuff like that
Old 06-12-2009, 10:23 PM
07 GT/CS
1st Gear Member

The weather, is it hot cold, time of day (different pressure) humidity there are so many veriables, is your car cold (just started) or is it hot and sufferering from heat soak (can rob alot of power when your intake gets hot ect.... every body like to blame alittle change in power on something more difficult then it is, alot of time just wait till you need to refill and check your airfilter to make sure its clean and then after all that (200 miles or so) if the prob is still there you maybe actually have one.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:49 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

That's kinda funny since I've always noticed a difference right after I reloaded any of their tunes. It's not something else causing it either because it's repeatable behavior.

Wonder if their tunes are different now then. I got mine over a year ago. :/
Old 06-12-2009, 11:30 PM
KeneticEnergy
2nd Gear Member

my tune from them has adaptive learning. i bought it in february and the feel definately changes as time progresses.
Old 06-14-2009, 01:35 AM
HypromanGT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Riptide
That's kinda funny since I've always noticed a difference right after I reloaded any of their tunes. It's not something else causing it either because it's repeatable behavior.

Wonder if their tunes are different now then. I got mine over a year ago. :/
Exactly. I suspect a terminology confusion here.

Back along either Brent or Doug (I'm sorry I forget who, and don't have the link) explained that there are at least two types of "Adaptive Learning". If I remember correctly, with the stock tune the car can adaptively learn in both open and closed loop. The aftermarket tunes generally turn OFF the adaptive learning for open loop (WOT; I hope I got this right, or else I know 157db is going to rip me a new one ). The car will still learn when in closed loop. It was explained that you actually do not want to disable this adaptive learning because the car would not be able to compensate for change in elevation, humidity, etc; disabling it "would not be what you're looking for".

I know my car is definitely peppier just after loading the tune, and the same thing happens if I disconnect/reconnect the battery. I do have Bama tunes only, so I can't speak for Brenspeed's tunes, but I know lots of others have posted the same experiences. Unless they have changed the way they are making tunes, I don't believe that they've turned it all off.

Maybe I'm just jealous of your new non-adaptive tune though
Old 06-14-2009, 02:51 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Originally Posted by HypromanGT
Exactly. I suspect a terminology confusion here.

Back along either Brent or Doug (I'm sorry I forget who, and don't have the link) explained that there are at least two types of "Adaptive Learning". If I remember correctly, with the stock tune the car can adaptively learn in both open and closed loop. The aftermarket tunes generally turn OFF the adaptive learning for open loop (WOT; I hope I got this right, or else I know 157db is going to rip me a new one ). The car will still learn when in closed loop. It was explained that you actually do not want to disable this adaptive learning because the car would not be able to compensate for change in elevation, humidity, etc; disabling it "would not be what you're looking for".

I know my car is definitely peppier just after loading the tune, and the same thing happens if I disconnect/reconnect the battery. I do have Bama tunes only, so I can't speak for Brenspeed's tunes, but I know lots of others have posted the same experiences. Unless they have changed the way they are making tunes, I don't believe that they've turned it all off.

Maybe I'm just jealous of your new non-adaptive tune though
I agree

Here is the info doug and brent provided on the issue. You cannot shut it off completely. Just certain aspects of it.

https://mustangforums.com/forum/3570626-post22.html

Quick Reply: N0 Progressive Learning on Brenspeed Tunes