Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about SCT tuner/ Kenne Bell

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 05:59 PM
bwilli1959

Default Question about SCT tuner/ Kenne Bell

Hi all, I purchased and installed by myself, a Kenne Bell supercharger about a year ago on my 07 stang. I love it, absolutely no problems whatsoever with it so far (6,000 miles) but .... The tuner comes completely locked out. The only thing you can do is load their tune nothing else. I am thinking about making a gear change to the car and I would like to adjust the shift points (auto) but the Kenne Bell crew says I have to send it to them they will set up the tune and send it back to me. Is there anyway around this? I really do not understand why they even do it. They say because of warranty but I am out of warranty. Other than that what the heck would I do with their tune if had all of the settings, it is useless without their kit. Also I got no software, no usb cable .. nada. I may call SCT tech and see what they say ....

Suggestions ???
Old 06-11-2009, 08:01 PM
ziperhead
2nd Gear Member

I don't think there is anyway around messing with the KB tune except sending it back
Old 06-11-2009, 08:23 PM
dontforgetthemarkVIII

Originally Posted by bwilli1959
Hi all, I purchased and installed by myself, a Kenne Bell supercharger about a year ago on my 07 stang. I love it, absolutely no problems whatsoever with it so far (6,000 miles) but .... The tuner comes completely locked out. The only thing you can do is load their tune nothing else. I am thinking about making a gear change to the car and I would like to adjust the shift points (auto) but the Kenne Bell crew says I have to send it to them they will set up the tune and send it back to me. Is there anyway around this? I really do not understand why they even do it. They say because of warranty but I am out of warranty. Other than that what the heck would I do with their tune if had all of the settings, it is useless without their kit. Also I got no software, no usb cable .. nada. I may call SCT tech and see what they say ....

Suggestions ???
I have the same thing on my sct tuner the guy at blowbyracing put no tunes besides cia witch is all i have. I would trust sending it in. IS your engine stock?