Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Ford Mustang GT Full Review: Interior, Exterior, Engine, and Performance article

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 04:55 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

their are alot of naysayers about the new car that are naysayers with-out having driven one to compare. I will respect those that have driven the new car and then make their comparision. but for someone to listen to what another says or just what they have seen in magazines or webpages..well, that isn't a comparison.

I was not crazy about the new rear-end styling on the 2010.. but I figured I'd give it a drive to see what I thought..and I was not expecting to be wow'd.. but I was. but that was what I consider a fair comparision...
Old 06-13-2009, 05:03 PM
08GT4U
2nd Gear Member

i havent had the chance to drive one, but i have seen some on the road and some at the dealership.all i can say is i like the front of the v6 more than the gt one.on the rear end i think is something that you would learn to like as you go.none the less i wouldnt trade my 08 for a 2010.
Old 06-13-2009, 06:10 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by 08GT4U
i havent had the chance to drive one, but i have seen some on the road and some at the dealership.all i can say is i like the front of the v6 more than the gt one.on the rear end i think is something that you would learn to like as you go.none the less i wouldnt trade my 08 for a 2010.
i didn't think i would either..until I actually drove it and realized as damn good as this car is now.. I can live with the rear-end as i will not spend my time seeing much of it. the rest of the car overshadows that part..at least for me..after i actually drove the car
Old 06-13-2009, 07:36 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

It's the car you wanted, it's the car you've got.
All is perfect, ugly rear or not!

If I listen to others when I purchase a car or do something to it, I will never drive the car I like.
So, the hell with them!
Old 06-13-2009, 07:47 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by pascal
It's the car you wanted, it's the car you've got.
All is perfect, ugly rear or not!

If I listen to others when I purchase a car or do something to it, I will never drive the car I like.
So, the hell with them!
Correctamundo!!
Old 06-13-2009, 08:46 PM
eddypython
3rd Gear Member

I did a testo on the new one while the dealership was replacing my airbag and couple other parts.. power wise, it was fine, handling was improved from the past, interior is really nice, but I hate the vents and the center console. lol rear end is not it's strong point, face looks " new " but not really an eye catcher.

overall I wouldn't trade unless it was a gt500

But, in the end it's a MUSTANG, and all is good
Old 06-13-2009, 08:51 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by eddypython
I did a testo on the new one while the dealership was replacing my airbag and couple other parts.. power wise, it was fine, handling was improved from the past, interior is really nice, but I hate the vents and the center console. lol rear end is not it's strong point, face looks " new " but not really an eye catcher.

overall I wouldn't trade unless it was a gt500

But, in the end it's a MUSTANG, and all is good
I applaud you for driving the car before writing a review. So many others dismiss the car before driving or just plain refuse to drive it all..but they are very critical of it and write how horrible it is.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:39 AM
ab
2nd Gear Member

I have not driven one yet, but I did crawl all over one at Carlisle last week. I think it looks good and feel it looks better every time I see it. I bet people were having the same thoughts when the '67s came out. I won't make any judgment until I get to drive one.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:14 AM
jdphillips73
4th Gear Member

anyone that buys a 2010 mustang will have to be put on suicide watch when the 2011 comes out. Seriously, the 2010 will be the car that no one remembers when the history books are written. They will consider the 2011 to be the real model change with its new powertrain line-up.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:36 AM
zektor

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the rear on the 2010. I think it looks better than the '05 to '09 rear end. The only bit I don't like are the unpainted black sections at the lower edges. I believe Ford will paint these in due course, perhaps with a 5.0 litre refreshed GT.

The rear lights and styling look far more interesting than the almost 'bland' look of the previous S197. Take a look at some good pictures of Vaugh Gittin's 2010 drift car... the bottom section has been painted to a degree, and lowered with bigger offset wheels gives it a mean looking stance. The rear looks fantastic.

I wouldn't write off this re-style at all until you've seen more 2010's around that have been modified by their owners.

Cheers
Dazza

Quick Reply: 2010 Ford Mustang GT Full Review: Interior, Exterior, Engine, and Performance article