Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A couple GT questions from a newb...

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 03:55 PM
UpTo11
3rd Gear Member

Default A couple GT questions from a newb...

A while back I posted a thread about recommendations for my 2006 Redfire Mustang GT...and I got a lot of great ideas and advice from it. However, I do not have access to too many funds at the moment, and while a Full Roush Aerobody sure sounds glamourous, its $3000+ price tag seems a bit steep for my meager $8 part-time wage.

However, I will get the Roush kit, one of these days, I just have to save money.

But I was wondering what the cheaper modifications were, that look/feel nice and don't interfere with what I was WANTING to buy:

-Cold Air Intake
-Tuner
-Window Louvers
-Rear Blackout Panel
-Stripes (Rocker, Racing)

...and a couple mods that I'll have to wait a while before buying...

-Roush full Aerobody Kit
-Charger
-Wheel upgrades?

Anyhow, just a couple of things I think would look nice. Any more recommendations would be cool! A couple questions about, in general, care and maintenance:

-What color racing stripes look best on redfire base paint?
-What cleaning products are best?
-Locking lugnuts? Worth it?
-Car cover? Worth IT?

So...any ANY other recommendations over the modification and care of this car would be awesome. It's my first Mustang and to be honest, I'm worried to death about treating it wrong, so if my questions get a bit annoying, I apologize, but I'm just deeply concerned about treating the car well. Please understang my worry. Thank you!
Old 06-13-2009, 04:22 PM
wolfpup
bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay

i wouldnt really call this GT questions since it applies to others as well but to answer ur questions... u basically listed the good mods CAI/TUNE, louvers etc... sounds good to me and as far as stripes go either white or silver...

cleaning products - microfiber towels and anything from Meguiars

Locking lugnuts worth it if you are in a shifty neighborhood with car/rim theft

car cover... depends on where u keep it parked and the weather for ur area.

wheel upgrades i would stick with something around 18" rims and whatever style suits YOUR taste not the taste of others. also do full synthetic on ur oil changes and i recommend royal purple cuz its the brand i use but others will feel differently again its all a matter of personal preference

Last edited by wolfpup; 06-13-2009 at 04:25 PM.
Old 06-13-2009, 05:07 PM
Rocket Ray
2nd Gear Member

I would agree with wolfpup. CAI/tune should be your first mod, it really wakes up the car. Keep an eye on ebay for a cheap CAI, or VMP sells its own with a tuner for around $440, which isn't bad. I got a set of 18" wheels with chrome rims from the classifieds here, great deal and I am very happy. I am not going nuts with any suspension components as its a DD, and I like a comfortable ride. I put my car up for the winter, but since you are in TX, you might want to invest in a car cover. I got one at Advance Auto just to keep the dust off when its in storage. After that, use your head, but as your folks would consel you, don't dump all your money in a car at your age.
Old 06-14-2009, 12:51 AM
UpTo11
3rd Gear Member

Thanks...I'm guessing steeda intake & tuner combo would be the way to go? about $750?
Old 06-14-2009, 10:34 AM
East87
4th Gear Member

Wolfpup, your sig is out of control haha.

Steeda intake/tuner combo: http://www.brenspeed.com/3000steeda1.html