Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I can now see why those that HATE 20"s do.

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 05:41 PM
vphokie
3rd Gear Member

Wow the things people do because it's "cool". The picture of that car on the other webpage was completely disgusting. I really hope the fella in the same neighborhood as the OP isn't trying to pull that off, cause he's nuts. I think I know how to fix his car though...drive it off a bridge.

That's a very nice setup on that orange Mustang!
Old 06-15-2009, 05:44 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MELLOWYELLOW06
Those are drift style tire setups which are in no way belonging and becoming of a Mustang or any other muscle car. And if you really want to see what 20's should look like with the right tire setup, well , look no further.

By far one of the nicest looking set ups.
I do not like the offset of the rear tires. I like my tires to be inside a little more than that. That tire is sticking out beyond the fender which looks more like a mistake especially when you compare it to the front which is inside the fender.

Last edited by Bmr4life; 06-15-2009 at 05:46 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:52 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

A little less might be best but we would need to see a shot of the rear to have a final idea.
In any case, the front wheels need to come out as well.

As far as the Tasca thing... it's a bit of a stretch.
For someone really ****, lol, I hate to imagine what that would equals to: @nal Stretched?!?!

OK, I apologize.

Last edited by pascal; 06-15-2009 at 05:55 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:56 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
A little less might be best but we would need to see a shot of the rear to have a final idea.
In any case, the front wheels need to come out as well.

As far as the Tasca thing... it's a bit of a stretch.
For someone really ****, lol, I hate to imagine what that would equals to: @nal Stretched?!?!

OK, I apologize.
lmao
Old 06-15-2009, 05:58 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Actually the back tires are the drag tires and oversized a bit for street. The hentleman claims he does not rub but its a bit meaty for me. I would step it down one size but it looks a hell of a lot better than the silver car set up. BTW, the little thing I picked up in the pic is not the GT/TC which I am assuming is for TASCA edition, but is the rear tires. The rotation is backwards. Told you I was ****
Old 06-15-2009, 06:00 PM
cummins cowboy
2nd Gear Member

what in the world happens when the orange tasca mustang hits a bump, looks like about 3/4" of clearance I hope the suspension has more travel than that, I am surprised the rear quarter panel is banged in as it is.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:01 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Actually the back tires are the drag tires and oversized a bit for street. The hentleman claims he does not rub but its a bit meaty for me. I would step it down one size but it looks a hell of a lot better than the silver car set up. BTW, the little thing I picked up in the pic is not the GT/TC which I am assuming is for TASCA edition, but is the rear tires. The rotation is backwards. Told you I was ****
LOL. You gotta be on a 20" + monitor or something. The LCD on my laptop sucks when it comes to viewing angles so I had to move it around inorder to even see the tire treads.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:12 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by Bmr4life
LOL. You gotta be on a 20" + monitor or something. The LCD on my laptop sucks when it comes to viewing angles so I had to move it around inorder to even see the tire treads.
Lol, I did move the my laptop screen a little and now I can see the tire threads on that picture. Still, I would have never caught that one.
Joe is right. Good one buddy.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:08 PM
GA05GT
2nd Gear Member

Man, you must have zoomed in! lol
Good find though.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:26 PM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bmr4life
Can't wait til you get home.
Awwwww, those poor little things are gonna get their feelings hurt, us all talkin' like that

Those have to be at least 9.5" wide rims, probably 10's. They're at least an inch wider than the wheels on
my '79 Malibu (weenie Pro-Touring/autocross car), and I'm half an inch above spec for 225/60's at 8.5".

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 06-15-2009 at 07:29 PM. Reason: fit text into window without having to scroll R/L

Quick Reply: I can now see why those that HATE 20"s do.