Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who else is in the same boat??

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 05:37 PM
skyboss_4evr
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ThisBlood147
I know fazm was just jokin, but I'd take his advice to heart. 2011 will see the new drivetrains coming into the Stang. If I were in the market for a new Mustang right now, I'd be waiting for that. I know what it's like to wanna have it right now (I went thru this same boatload of shenanigans back in April of 05), but patience often has it's rewards. If an order I placed some time ago is on constant delay (especially if it's been over two months since ordering), I'd seriously consider canceling the order. Then either place another order......or wait for the 2011's.
Well I can't stand the thought of waiting another year just for a new engine. Yes... I'm very impatient. Besides, last month, around the time when my car was SUPPOSED to be here, my dealer ordered me a Roush supercharger, so horsepower isn't an issue. It's sitting in a box, patiently awaiting the arrival of my new Mustang. Funny thing... my dealer tells me the technician is so excited to install that supercharger that he bugs him more than I do about the arrival of my car lol.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:05 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by skyboss_4evr
Well I can't stand the thought of waiting another year just for a new engine. Yes... I'm very impatient. Besides, last month, around the time when my car was SUPPOSED to be here, my dealer ordered me a Roush supercharger, so horsepower isn't an issue. It's sitting in a box, patiently awaiting the arrival of my new Mustang. Funny thing... my dealer tells me the technician is so excited to install that supercharger that he bugs him more than I do about the arrival of my car lol.

cuz hes gettin paid for it lol
Old 06-23-2009, 11:55 PM
skyboss_4evr
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by fazm
cuz hes gettin paid for it lol
LOL no kidding!
Old 06-24-2009, 02:02 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Originally Posted by skyboss_4evr
Well I can't stand the thought of waiting another year just for a new engine.
Just for a new engine? Really? Just?
Old 06-24-2009, 11:56 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

have you already paid for the car?

If not, the only thing bothering you is your impatience.

Be grateful your car is being held to get fixed correctly. Last thing you want is problems with a new Mustang! I've had them with both of mine, so the odds are pretty low
Old 06-26-2009, 07:51 AM
Russ05

I was there with you with an order date of 4/8. Car produced 4/28 and to this day sitting in Flat Rock. Local rail yard has had it as "inbound" since May 4th, but held due to the various issues (not just cosmetic airbag cover by the way). It is disheartening to see new cars arriving at the dealership with build dates older than yours. The owner of the dealership I am using has sent various angry emails and phone calls to the Ford zone rep and higher up, but unfortunately there is little that can be done.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but if your car does not ship soon, it will be sitting a while longer during the beginning of July 2 week shutdown period. If you have ordered the optional exterior dress up kit (hood scoop, spoiler, blackout panel, etc) or stripes, also be aware that the Ford VPC (Vehicle Personalization Center) is backlogged at the moment. There is also a $1000 stang rebate for alot of regions not being advertised on the Ford website (see your dealer). However, it expires at the end of this month which does no good if the car comes to you in July.
I personally solved my dillema by getting my deposit back, and finding a similar stang in my area. I almost walked away from Ford all together when a friend that works at a Chevy dealer said he had a Camaro SS order that fell through and he could sell to me at cost (sitting on the lot ready to be taken). However, I was in a situation in which golf ball sized hail totaled my old stang and the insurance company had been nice enough to give me 3 months to wait for the order, so you just have to decide for yourselves.

Last edited by Russ05; 06-26-2009 at 08:01 AM.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:32 AM
dconfer
1st Gear Member

The rebate is on the website for me. It's not down where the interest rate are. Look up where the picture of the stang is and go to your right. Its called $1,000
Drive the Ford Difference Bonus Cash! Mine is still sitting in flat rock also. About ready to give up myself and move on to something else. 15 weeks on tuesday.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:43 PM
grettann

Smile My GT is now in Transit

Originally Posted by grettann
I ordered a 2010 GT Premium Coupe on 23 May. According to the Sticker it was built on 12 June and it is sitting at Ramp R. Dealer said the data hasnt been updated since the 12 of June at which time it was estimated to be at the dealer on 11 July. Based on what I am seeing on the forums, it will be more likely August. I dont believe Ford has resolved the airbag issue yet.
Dealer sent me an email today saying that my status has been updated to IN TRANSIT with a delivery date of 11 July. Hopefully others will get a similar update soon.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:56 AM
kinoman2002
2nd Gear Member

Hi Guys,
Any update from your dealers? Mine is not calling me nor communicate with me at all. Whenever I call him or sales mngr they say, if the car is here, you will be the first to know, or other BS.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:16 AM
dconfer
1st Gear Member

Nothing here. I stopped on Friday and no change. Still sitting on ramp 51. On another forum there is a guy saying that they are shipping the hold stangs this week. Some should have them for the 4th or at least have an eta date. I will beleive it when I see it. 15 weeks today and growing.

Quick Reply: Who else is in the same boat??