Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need some exhaust help, can find one i like

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 09:59 AM
Starfire
3rd Gear Member

Well your drone is also your deep sound, but it seems like headers since they are equaling out the exhaust pulses more they seem to eliminate a lot of drone, and that combined with a mid muffler which also reduces drone thanks to the much longer pipe after the muffler.

Look at it this way, if you take a strip of paper and blow along it length wise the end flaps around a lot, so the stock muffler location is like the end of that paper, when you move the mufflers in the middle you are reducing drone by changing the wavelength that the exhaust system resinates at.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:02 AM
thedrod
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by eslhockey92g

Corsa w/ high flow catted H: doesn't have much of a rumble and trupets past 4k on a hard pull.

I have the corsa on now and i do like that highway driving is quite and it is loud enough when i get on it but it trumpets past 3,500/4000 and doesn't sound good. It also isn't very deep or rumbly at idle but i guess that is the trade off for being known for no drone which there is none at all.

I have the Basanni X with high flow cats and the Corsas sound amazing with no trumpeting at any rpm.

Videos don't do the Corsa's justice. I let my girlfriend drive my car down the street and the sound of the Corsas outside the car is amazing. The corsas are plesantly quiet inside. If you want it loud inside the car get Macs.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:49 AM
Starfire
3rd Gear Member

I will attest to that, the corsa's inside sound nothing like them outside but for me they were still missing that deep rumble.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:17 PM
eslhockey92g
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Starfire
I will attest to that, the corsa's inside sound nothing like them outside but for me they were still missing that deep rumble.
Yeah, they are missing the low rumble id like them to have. Im going to order m-80's or dynomax bullet mufflers, pop them in and see if they get rid of the trumpeting as well as if they make it a little deeper. If they do and i like it ill never thouch the exhaust again.

If not i may consider a muffler delete like the loudmouth so id be like a midmuffler set up, MAC chambered mufflers or steeda/stinger axle back
Old 06-29-2009, 12:26 PM
Starfire
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by eslhockey92g
If not i may consider a muffler delete like the loudmouth so id be like a midmuffler set up, MAC chambered mufflers or steeda/stinger axle back
I think that will be you best idea, becasue the the way the corsa's are designed they actually kill all the deep sound, it's already there even without the mid mufflers, just the corsa's sound refection design cancels out that sound, also why there is no drone, by adding the mid mufflers with the corsa's still installed I think all you'll do is make it quieter.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:22 PM
mynameismike65
4th Gear Member

Any muffler will trumpet a bit with an o/r setup. I have and o/r prochamber + Mac mufflers and It is the best sounding 3v I have ever heard. Yeah it trumpets a bit, but its not all that noticable. Its really deep, and screams very aggressively at WOT. Its perfection IMO. I was going in reverse in a parking spot the other day and it had that "hollow" sound that a 4v would make. Go with the macs.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:43 PM
eslhockey92g
2nd Gear Member

Yeah i figure it will quite it them down a little i just want to get rid of the trumpeting.

yeah i know that an O/R pipe will trumpet but im using pypes highflow cats and i get trumpeting, i was suprised. Its very loud when it does becuase it, it will only do it past about 4000 and WOT. The only time i ever go past 3500 is during a hard pull so it sounds like crap when ever i get on it. I think doing the resonators will set me up right for what ever i do because if the corsa do not still sound good to me, the mufflers im looking at are known for drone and ill already have resonators to help with that.

If i get the macs and love them im going to have some one kick me in the butt as hard as they can. haha they were the first mufflers i was going to get.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:18 PM
addison85
2nd Gear Member

My corsa + JBA H pipe sounds great when I start up (sounds heavenly) and when I accelerate, a low loud growl that I love! But they're very low and silent at idle, I wish they were louder then. But they're my favorite no-drone mufflers!
Old 06-29-2009, 04:42 PM
UMich97
2nd Gear Member

I have to put my vote in for some Borla Stingers. Yeah, they can have a little drone, but it was less than I anticipated and isn't annoying by any means. + they have a nice deep sound. I love mine.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:15 PM
acarzt
4th Gear Member

I say get cams lol

Quick Reply: I need some exhaust help, can find one i like