Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Those who ordered in April/May

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 07:07 PM
Olythekid
1st Gear Member

Default Those who ordered in April/May

Any update on your delivery yet? I know some where anxiously waiting

Mine was ordered May 16, window sticker build of June 22nd, dealer said delivery "end of Jully".
Old 07-03-2009, 10:09 PM
skyboss_4evr
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Olythekid
Any update on your delivery yet? I know some where anxiously waiting

Mine was ordered May 16, window sticker build of June 22nd, dealer said delivery "end of Jully".
My Mustang was ordered 2 Apr and built 5 May. I have no official info on my car's status. I do, however, have a good friend with strong connections at the plant. He informed me today that my car was loaded onto a railcar and shipped... FINALLY!

But until I get the call from my dealer with an official ETA from vehicle visibility, I'm being very cautious with any optimism.
Old 07-03-2009, 10:16 PM
rum
1st Gear Member

I admire those of you with the patience to wait several months to get your car they you want it.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:22 AM
skyboss_4evr
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by rum
I admire those of you with the patience to wait several months to get your car they you want it.
LOL I ran out of patience about two weeks ago. But at this point, re-ordering would only cost me more time and finding a car exactly how I want it in a dealer's inventory would be next to impossible.
Old 07-04-2009, 05:37 AM
dconfer
1st Gear Member

I ordered on March 17 and I still have no idea. Car left plant on May 8. I ran out of patience 4 weeks ago but like skyboss said finding one on dealers lot is impossible. Reordering well forget that. You know the thing that worries me if it is taken them this long to fix something minor I hope nothing major happens. If mine was put on the rail I would be so happy but no news at all.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:45 PM
HoneybeesMustang

mine was ordered may 16th as well. NO word on anything yet, and dealer is being very vague. It's really disappointing as i wanted it for this summer. Who knows if i'll get it this DECADE!
Old 07-07-2009, 04:56 PM
Olythekid
1st Gear Member

I'm guessing you don't even have a VIN number from ur dealer?
Old 07-07-2009, 07:42 PM
Russ05

I think dconfer has us all beat and wins the patience award. Glad to hear your stang is finally shipping. I know my ordered stang is still in Michigan. Still get some periodic updates, but I was lucky to find one very similar on the lot (no OTT stripe) so I took it and just got aftermarket stripes. The funny part is the one I bought was built a smooth month after the one I ordered. I would laugh if it wasn't so ridiculous.
Dconfer, has your dealer called the local railyard to see if it was recently placed on their inbound list? I think at this point Ford should have put in a 5.0 for you.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:27 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

What's the Destination & Delivery charge running on the 2010's?

My 2005 GT was $745.

I know if I special ordered a Mustang today I would probably see if I could just take a week or 2 off and pick up my car in Flat Rock myself.
Anyone ever try that with their Mustangs?
I believe it's an option with Corvettes.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:06 AM
fast64ranchero
1st Gear Member

Just so you guys know, your dealer gets a printout of everything on his lot and everything coming into his lot, everyday, as soon as you car has a VIN your dealer can track it and so can you, another thing to conside is, every car gets a delivery priority, if your car has a low priority for delivery it can sit, while others get shipped, this has happened to me in the past and that's how I know, my car sat in Utah for a month, because it had a low delivery priority

Quick Reply: Those who ordered in April/May