Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shaker 500 audio noise

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 04:09 PM
Adam
4th Gear Member

It doesn't make sense that the 2011s are experiencing this.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:07 PM
Reapman

Ok so here's the code as requested.. this is after the repairs, on a new radio in my 2010 GT that works just fine:

AR3T-19C158-BC
Old 07-30-2010, 06:19 AM
mbyers

Did some more testing last night. I did hear the bleed through, like the first time I tried :-(
The song on the station this time had a little more base that last time and was one that broadcast at a little higher volume level. This was just with Sat, I haven't tried this with a CD yet.

I confirmed that with the car running the white-noise is still there, just hardly noticable over the engine sound. But if you get close to the speaker, leave the radio on for a few second, and then turn the radio off, you can hear the white-noise going away.

Anyone know if FordEngineer is still watching things on these forums? He is probably the best one to help us.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:56 AM
Reapman

Originally Posted by mbyers
Did some more testing last night. I did hear the bleed through, like the first time I tried :-(
The song on the station this time had a little more base that last time and was one that broadcast at a little higher volume level. This was just with Sat, I haven't tried this with a CD yet.

I confirmed that with the car running the white-noise is still there, just hardly noticable over the engine sound. But if you get close to the speaker, leave the radio on for a few second, and then turn the radio off, you can hear the white-noise going away.

Anyone know if FordEngineer is still watching things on these forums? He is probably the best one to help us.
All I can recommend is doing what I did to get it fixed.. call up the dealer, explain it, and bring in a full printout of this forum topic. Took a bit for him to hear it but switching back and forth between stations he finally did. When he talked to the Ford tech guys they sent a new radio over.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:26 AM
FordEngineer
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mbyers
Yeah, I'm still here. Sorry that I've been MIA for a while. Been really busy at work. I'll have another talk with the radio engineers on Monday. I'll also be at the Mustang Forums Northern US Meet & Greet tomorrow (Sunday), if anyone is going and wants to discuss.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:54 AM
tomz

Originally Posted by FordEngineer
Yeah, I'm still here. Sorry that I've been MIA for a while. Been really busy at work. I'll have another talk with the radio engineers on Monday. I'll also be at the Mustang Forums Northern US Meet & Greet tomorrow (Sunday), if anyone is going and wants to discuss.
Hey FordEngineer,

Based on reapman's success story, I had my ACM replaced. One year after takling delivery. But it still makes the noise, and I have the same radio code as I had before. Service says they will order again, but they got to know what to order. Can you help with any information to specifiy what to order?
(Do I need a Canadian ACM? <g>)

Thanks,
Tomz
Old 08-01-2010, 07:58 AM
mbyers

I'll have another talk with the radio engineers on Monday.
Thank you

I'll also be at the Mustang Forums Northern US Meet & Greet tomorrow (Sunday)
Wish I lived closer so I could have gone to that. I make it to the Woodward Cruise, as a spectator, each year.
Old 08-28-2010, 03:55 PM
STANGmole
2nd Gear Member

FYI: I have the same problem
I have a 2010 shaker 1k, no nav.
AR3T-19C 158-AL - 08/09

...I wish Ford would issue a TSB on this!
Old 10-03-2010, 04:41 PM
MyKonaBlues

Angry Shaker noise maker

Hi All!
This is my second post, I always sit back read, and learn from all your posts.. I too am Having the same noise (2010 GT with 2100 mi.) anoying since I listen to my Shaker 500 alot when I go on my lunch breaks. So: car off "ACC" of for the radio, music or talk radio on low........"scratch" or "grounding" problem type noise. I took MyKonaBlues to my selling dealer to have this concern adressed. I explained the noise detail, mentioned this thread and auditioned with my Advisor. He said he would look into it. Fine, I left my car there overnight with utmost confidence. My Advisor called me next day and said this was "normal" and that nothing was to be done. He later explained in person, that Manufacturers/ Dealers choose what to cover (unless safety related) at times because of a "warranty index" they follow. I told him I knew all to well since I worked at a European car maker dealer the does the same, and it's all about saving the Manufacturers' bottom line. It also keeps those Auditors at bay.
This does not end here-
Old 10-04-2010, 06:10 AM
mbyers

I figured the dealer would do nothing about it, so I haven't even mentioned it yet. Waiting to hear back from FordEngineer. I figure work has still been busy for him.

Quick Reply: Shaker 500 audio noise