Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 10-16-2015, 12:30 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: General Overview
Print Wikipost

Mods you regret?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 12:55 PM
JBALLOY08GT
2nd Gear Member

I would have to say buying wheels before working on the suspension. Once I put on my 20'' Shelby Redlines noticed the wheel gap and was like DAMN wish my car was lowered before buying these now I have to save up for springs shocks and struts!!! Now its done and If I were to do it again I would do it the right way the first time.. Well you live and you learn.......
Old 07-21-2009, 01:01 PM
overcome1236
2nd Gear Member

buying a v6 automatic .... haha... i love my manual GT
Old 07-21-2009, 01:25 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dannyf8989
haha i regret my only mod... the roush louvers. Never sat on right, have fallen off on 2 occasions and i have scratches in an outline of the part on my paint so its not like i can take them off without getting repainted. Hopefully the next solution will get the damn things to stick on right.
It's stories like this that make me hesitant about purchasing ¼ window louvers that stick on with 3M tape. I do like the looks, so I might bite the bullit and get the Silver Horse Racing ones.

Anyone else having problems with stick on louvers?
Old 07-21-2009, 01:55 PM
rfm678
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07 Stang
It's stories like this that make me hesitant about purchasing ¼ window louvers that stick on with 3M tape. I do like the looks, so I might bite the bullit and get the Silver Horse Racing ones.

Anyone else having problems with stick on louvers?
I've had my Roush louvers on my 07 GT for over two years now without a single problem. Just make sure to really clean the surfaces to get good adhesion with the 3M tape.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:28 PM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JBALLOY08GT
I would have to say buying wheels before working on the suspension. Once I put on my 20'' Shelby Redlines noticed the wheel gap and was like DAMN wish my car was lowered before buying these now I have to save up for springs shocks and struts!!!
I'd call that a case of doing things in the right order, not cause for regret. The regrets would have been much worse if you had invested in too low of a drop for the 20's and ended up with tire rub with the new wheels/tires.

Now its done and If I were to do it again I would do it the right way the first time.. Well you live and you learn.......
Hmmmm. Next time it'll be something different involved and there's just as good a chance whatever it is will have a different downstream consequence that you didn't expect.

Over the years, I've been less than happy with a few products. But not to the point of actually regretting the purchase and installation. Tires that were less performance-oriented than suggested, a cam that I got from the speed shop's stock rather than waiting for the one I knew I really would prefer.

Norm
Old 07-21-2009, 02:37 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Things I havent been able to do yet
Old 07-21-2009, 02:58 PM
JCON
5th Gear Member

V6 automatic but after losing $4000 on a car a bought 2 months earlier I feel blessed to be able to get in to a Mustang at all with out draining my savings account..... And I love the black convertible with red leather so I'm not all bad.... I'll give this car to my gf (hopefully more after I finish my masters) and then get myself a nice GT+ Mustang. I def regret having to buy the auto though, wish so many times it were a manual (or at least had a tiptronic mode like my last few cars)... Maybe I'll look in to doing paddle shifters with a new transmission

Last edited by JCON; 07-21-2009 at 08:36 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:16 PM
svtsupremecy
1st Gear Member

I regret getting my Pypes Offroad X. It sounded crappy with stock mufflers and the build quality was absolutley terrible. They had to send me a different X pipe because the 02 bung holes were too close to the tranny and it was Terrible fitment. My 2nd one fit terrible as well until I got my brother to re-install it at his shop. This offroad x pipe has given me more troubles then anything.

I wish I had bought a Mac prochamber...The Pypes exhaust taught me you get what you pay for.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:29 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

Regrets:

Hurst shifter
Chrome CTR rims
Offroad H-pipe
Blackout covers for tail-lights
Old 07-21-2009, 07:00 PM
BruceH
5th Gear Member

Last edited by BruceH; 01-01-2011 at 08:37 PM.

Quick Reply: Mods you regret?