Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just Ordered my first Mustang, questions...

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 03:40 PM
jocatch
2nd Gear Member

Question Just Ordered my first Mustang, questions...

I just ordered my first Mustang, a GT Prem, black with white strips, hood scoop, rear pedistal spoiler, 3.73 axle package, 5 speed manual, and stock wires/tires. Dealer says it will take 4- 8 weeks to get. I have always been a Chevy person, I even have my original 1978 Z28 Camaro I bought new. But I do not like the new Camaros and I love the looks of the current Mustangs. Plus they sound great. I am getting the car for $500 over invoice. Alas, I have a ton of questions I am hoping someone can answer:

1. Did I order a good setup? I don't want to race it at the track, I just want a good street machine to go up and down the highway.
2. Is $500 over invoice a good deal in today's market?
3. How is the car in the rain and snow? We get a few snow storms here a year in NY.
4. Is the Track Pack worth it for non-track use? What about the summer only tires that come with it?
5. Any reliability issues with the 2010?
6. Any differnce you can feel between regular and super unleaded gas?
7. Is the 3.73 axle posi?
8. Any other things to look for especially before the car is built and can be changed?

THanks.

Joe C
Old 07-21-2009, 05:49 PM
ColoGreyStang10
1st Gear Member

The new GT strip is really ugly, I would back out on that. ASAP. It doesn't look like what you see on the web site.

::edit found pict of stripe::

Take that $395 and get the Rapid Spec 401-A Primier Trim Package....Very Sweet worth getting.

Last edited by ColoGreyStang10; 07-21-2009 at 05:54 PM. Reason: found pict
Old 07-21-2009, 06:05 PM
robinsonda1
2nd Gear Member

After seeing that pic I really regret ordering mine with the stripe, although my stripes will be black so hopefully it will look a little better.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:15 PM
ColoGreyStang10
1st Gear Member

http://www.baltimorestreetmods.com/

Baltimore Street Mods has a prototype 2010 pre cut "Super Stripe" that looks a more like the stripe you see on the web site.

Old 07-21-2009, 06:47 PM
65Raven65
3rd Gear Member

I cant help you with much, except the 3.73 is limited slip, as are the other two ratios. (3.31 and 3.55)

I asked my dealer that I ordered from the same question.

We dont get much snow down here is Houston (maybe about once every 5-10 years or so) but from what I hear, Mustangs arent great for snow.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:51 PM
jocatch
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ColoGreyStang10
The new GT strip is really ugly, I would back out on that. ASAP. It doesn't look like what you see on the web site.

::edit found pict of stripe::

Take that $395 and get the Rapid Spec 401-A Primier Trim Package....Very Sweet worth getting.
Thank you for the photo. Now I am very upset because that new stripe is very ugly. If the car comes with that stripe, I dont want it. I need to have someone from Ford verify just what stripe is being used. If I can't get the stripe as shown on the web site, I need to change the order to the other stripe option which includes the hood and side panel stripes.

Joe
Old 07-21-2009, 08:00 PM
ColoGreyStang10
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jocatch
Thank you for the photo. Now I am very upset because that new stripe is very ugly. If the car comes with that stripe, I dont want it. I need to have someone from Ford verify just what stripe is being used. If I can't get the stripe as shown on the web site, I need to change the order to the other stripe option which includes the hood and side panel stripes.

Joe
My didn't come with a stripe so I ordered one. The stripe in the picture IS the same of what came, so I returned it.

Go to http://www.fordvehicles.com/the2010mustang
then click the "2010 Experience" then select "Customizer".
You will see the new stripe there.

Switch the stripe for the interior package, you will be happy.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:08 PM
robinsonda1
2nd Gear Member

This sucks, my car has already been built and is wating for transport. I'm sure it's too late now.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:19 PM
kinoman2002
2nd Gear Member

I can reply to #2,3 and 5
I bought at invoice price and $500 over is still a good deal I think.
I live in NY also and had GT '07 for almost 3 years. No matter what tires you have during winter storm or snow. Stay at home and watch TV. Don't even try to drive on a snowy streets and roads.
I didn't have any problems with my '07 and as far as I know the car is very reliable. Remember the engine is one of the best engines for the last couple of years. Check out this info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ward%27s_10_Best_Engines
Old 07-22-2009, 09:55 AM
Schwantz

Originally Posted by ColoGreyStang10
http://www.baltimorestreetmods.com/

Baltimore Street Mods has a prototype 2010 pre cut "Super Stripe" that looks a more like the stripe you see on the web site.

That is a beautiful color/stipe combo!

Quick Reply: Just Ordered my first Mustang, questions...