Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cs stripes

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 12:19 PM
Starfire
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by devin gt/cs
dude please don't remove the stripes. you'll honestly regret it after awhile. i personally don't like the rocker stripes like the one above at all. the side strips really make a huge difference. just take a side shot of your car and photoshop it
I admit before I got my car when I was waiting for it to come in. I though about the exact same thing, and while the rocker stripes don't look bad I don't see them being any better then the side stripes, I love the fade to them and now that I've made other mods to the car I wouldn't never change it, there are far less CS's out there then GTs with rocker stripes. Maybe you want to look into changing the color, ford had white ones in 09 so you can buy them and swap them.

BTW I've had my car now for 15 months and I've seen 7 other CS's so there pretty rare and I drive mine every day! Tally: 3 DCA Red, 2 White, 2 Black all with black stripes. One was a car club member that traded his for a GT500 Living in the Chicagoland I see lots of cars, if I remember correctly 5 GT500s and what surprises me 3 Ford GTs
Old 07-31-2009, 04:14 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Them that have stripes want to get rid of them and those without stripes wants them.
Whats a guy to do.
Peel em and mail em to me so I can re-appy them to my stang.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:59 PM
KingB21
2nd Gear Member

Rims help, even thou I went with the ford black bullits, many people who don't know much about the cars think they are stock wheels.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:10 PM
Javdog
3rd Gear Member

Agree don't remove the stripes thats what makes the CS special imho I have a black CS and I have done a few mods and have never thought about removing them just make the car to your taste.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:21 PM
tony_reddrum

Hi Tony, I've had the same debate several times... and always wind up leaving them on because of the wifey. :-)

I think they do make the car stand out a bit more than the normal GT, however so do to front and rear facias. So that arguement doesn't float with me.

The stripes look good, but the quality isn't the best... that's the main reason I have considered taking them off.

I'm a fan of the clean look and if I could get my GT/CS all over again, I'd get it without the hood scoop and side scoops (if possible) and take take the stripe off... however the wife really likes the stripes so they stay one.

BTW, you're not in the Houston area are you? I've seen a dark red candy apple GT/CS driving up 59N a few times...
Old 08-02-2009, 07:37 PM
DarkFireGT
4th Gear Member

Don't remove the stripes. They're what makes it a GT/CS, and gives it that throwback feel.

Get a Bullitt or center fog light grill if you want to be different.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:17 PM
08droptop
2nd Gear Member

Personally, I've never liked the side stripe. I don't have a C/S, wish I did for the front end, but if I did I would take off the stripe. I'm usually not a fan of rocker stripes, but I do like the ones above. Take em' off, everyone knows you have a C/S without them.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:27 AM
2K7GTCS

Well, I took mine off, and I'm very pleased with the result!

The factory C/S stripes on my car were a little bit off. To me, they just did not go well with the Le Mans (aka Shelby) stripes over the top of the car.

Before:

After:
Old 08-03-2009, 01:01 AM
Lethaldosage423
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Starfire
Yeah I have a CS also, don't remove, add to the car to make it unique. Here's a pic of mine.

You sir, have the rims i want!

they look great!

welcome to the forum. The louvers will make it look sick!
Old 08-03-2009, 04:13 PM
highline
4th Gear Member

tough one...i left mine, and like em

Quick Reply: cs stripes