Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 10-16-2015, 11:41 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: General Overview
Print Wikipost

What kind of Problems are you having with your 2010?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 09:15 PM
GT_n00b
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stang-n-Vette
Man! Talk about a let-down! Luckily, we, your compatriots, are there with you in spirit to help you through this difficult time!

Old 09-04-2009, 10:31 AM
Bieker

HAHA. Yeah My car was on that train too. It was completed the first week of August then sat for 3 weeks before the train was loaded and then on the
29th the Train had problems. ARGH!
Old 09-06-2009, 06:15 PM
RedCandy2010

Good luck with your orders. I had mine on order from the end of May for over 5 weeks, kicked off the pedestal/scoop accessory package to try and break it loose, but then gave up when it still only had a partial VIN assigned. Ended up shipping one in from Wyoming to Arizona. Yes, I was picky.

(It was lost for a while... in transit they thought, but finally made it here!)
Old 09-09-2009, 10:48 PM
PonyRider98
2nd Gear Member

With over 3,000 miles on the clock, I havent had any problems with mine, other than the radio switching from USB to FM whenever to turn my car off and restart it. Other than that, this car is way better than my 1998 GT. I had the opportunity to drive down Hecker Pass Highway in Gilroy, CA down curvy hills, and I can say that I am impressed with the car.....I just hope that the car doesnt have any nasty secrets to share in a couple of months
Old 09-12-2009, 12:47 PM
GT_n00b
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bieker
HAHA. Yeah My car was on that train too. It was completed the first week of August then sat for 3 weeks before the train was loaded and then on the 29th the Train had problems. ARGH!
Well they missed my delivery date AGAIN! I was told I would be driving it by this weekend. My car has supposedly been sitting at a port that is literally 20 minutes from my house since Wednesday.

Does Ford just have the worst logistics ever? 14 weeks for a domestic car seems a bit ridiculous this late in its release.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:25 PM
Art161
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GT_n00b
Well they missed my delivery date AGAIN! I was told I would be driving it by this weekend. My car has supposedly been sitting at a port that is literally 20 minutes from my house since Wednesday.

Does Ford just have the worst logistics ever? 14 weeks for a domestic car seems a bit ridiculous this late in its release.
My car arrived at the transfer point from train to truck on a Saturday or Sunday and the dealer, who was about 20 miles away, did not receive the car until Thursday.

As for production delays, it often depends on what options you order. It's not as though Ford keeps every option at its plant. Ford needs to order some of them from an outside supplier, and that can cause a delay. It's a long way from China to Flat Rock.

In any event, it is frustrating!
Old 09-13-2009, 10:30 AM
GT_n00b
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Art161
My car arrived at the transfer point from train to truck on a Saturday or Sunday and the dealer, who was about 20 miles away, did not receive the car until Thursday.

As for production delays, it often depends on what options you order. It's not as though Ford keeps every option at its plant. Ford needs to order some of them from an outside supplier, and that can cause a delay. It's a long way from China to Flat Rock.

In any event, it is frustrating!
Ya I understand it should take some amount of time. But when you have your dealerships telling customers that its going to take 6-8 weeks and then it takes 6+8 weeks, (including a 2 week delay because the train carrying it across country broke down) I would figure the dealership would do everything to get the car as quickly as possible.

This has definitely been a frustrating experience. I always thought my first new car buying experience would be fun but this has been far from it. On top of all of this, a week after I put my order in, a person I work with has since ordered an Audi A5, flown to Germany to test drive it, and is currently waiting on it to be dropped off (ETA this coming Friday). So it doesn't help that he will get his German built car quicker than mine. What can you do though? I guess I will go back to waiting and reading how everyone else is loving their Mustang.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:22 PM
donzi82

No problems on mine thus far...great car..then again im only at 1500 miles.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:33 AM
dconfer
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by GT_n00b
Ya I understand it should take some amount of time. But when you have your dealerships telling customers that its going to take 6-8 weeks and then it takes 6+8 weeks, (including a 2 week delay because the train carrying it across country broke down) I would figure the dealership would do everything to get the car as quickly as possible.

This has definitely been a frustrating experience. I always thought my first new car buying experience would be fun but this has been far from it. On top of all of this, a week after I put my order in, a person I work with has since ordered an Audi A5, flown to Germany to test drive it, and is currently waiting on it to be dropped off (ETA this coming Friday). So it doesn't help that he will get his German built car quicker than mine. What can you do though? I guess I will go back to waiting and reading how everyone else is loving their Mustang.
It is very frustrating I know. I ordered on March 17 got the car July 20. Almost 18 weeks but I can tell you this I am glad I waited. I was looking at other cars but nothing tripped my trigger so I just keep looking. I really love my stang. I normally trade cars every two years or so but I might hold onto this one a little longer. Time will tell.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:18 AM
Popeyejon
1st Gear Member

GT nOOb...I felt your pain. Mine was ordered on 5/9 and I was told "6-8 weeks, maybe sooner". Well, I took delivery on 9/9...longest damn 6-8 weeks of my life. There is a good side though. When I ordered my GT there were no incentives available. When I took delivery, I got 2000. cash back and Ford sent me a voucher for 750. private cash. It also let me scrape up even more cash for the down payment. This wasn't the only thing that made the delay tolerable...the look on my grandson's face when I pulled into my driveway was worth a million $. Be patient...the car kicks a$$.

Quick Reply: What kind of Problems are you having with your 2010?