Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered 2010 with Track Pack... some odd restrictions though....

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 08:11 AM
VRFlip
2nd Gear Member

Default Ordered 2010 with Track Pack... some odd restrictions though....

So I've been waiting months for the Track Pack option to become available. As of August 3rd (according to my dealer's order book) the Track Pack is available. I think it was option 67D, but I might be mistaken.

I was very shocked to see in the order book itself, that the Track Pack cannot be added with any of a number of other options and requires some other undesirable deletes.

Spoiler Delete (WTF?!)
No Shaker 1000 (dont care)
No Accessory packages (the options #'s were in the 900s)

There were several other restrictions, but these were the really surprising ones. The accessory packages that I'm talking about here are the body panel upgrades that you can add, such as hood scoop, door scoops, rear decklid panel, quarter window louvers, and pedastal style spoiler.

What I'm most surprised at is that given the above... you cannot order a 2010 Mustang with the Track Pack option and get a spoiler on it.... wow!

I asked the dealer sales rep to please speak to his regional Ford rep about the order book and see if its really supposed to be this way. I'm not sure if he really spoke to anyone or not, but he claimed that his Ford rep said that's the way it's intended to be, and there's nothing he can do about it.

I went ahead and ordered the car, and spoke to the "accessory guy" at the dealer, who told me that he could put those body mods and spoiler on for me. I'm assuming that's contingent on those accessory parts being available for order from Ford.

I have some time to figure out what I want to do, I may just get other aftermarket scoops and spoiler instead of the Ford ones. Anyone have any suggestions? Also, what about painting these parts? Will the dealer, or whoever else I may get to put stuff like this on be able to correctly match the Kona Blue color? I'm not sure how much I'd trust paint that didn't come from the factory, but I have no experience with auto paint.

Any thoughts?
Old 08-06-2009, 08:34 AM
loots06
5th Gear Member

Why dont you get this one instead....

Dont get the hood scoop on your 10 it doesnt look very good.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:56 AM
avengence
3rd Gear Member

Paint matching is easy. Any good body shop can do it perfect. I even ordered a gt500 spoiler off ebay already painted and it matched perfectly. Remember sometimes plastic doesnt match metal for some reason so it might have a different shade to it. Its how the paint lays on plastic and metal it can make it look different.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:27 AM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

IMHO, until ford makes the hood scoop functional in some way shape or form, completely useless.

As for all that other stuff, makes perfect sense.

"Track Pack" How many track cars do you see with all sorts of superfluous or creature comfort mods. The goal is to make it as light and aerodynamic as possible, so a non functional hood scoop, or "wind catcher" and a list of other bulky body panels and weighted accessories would not make sense on the "track pack"

If this is what you want, save extra money I am sure your paying for the track pack, get all the creature comforts you want in the form of a regular GT, and drop in a moderate priced suspension kit....
Old 08-06-2009, 10:02 AM
chain1
4th Gear Member

I would actually be surprised if the track pack DID come with the options you mentioned.
Most cars that come with some kind of track pack don't include any radio whatsoever, let alone non functional body parts.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:03 AM
VRFlip
2nd Gear Member

The additional functionality over the cosmetics was a no brainer, I got the track pack. The non-functional accessories I can almost understand along the lines of extra weight ect., but the spoiler is functional, and thats what was really strange.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:11 AM
VRFlip
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by chain1
I would actually be surprised if the track pack DID come with the options you mentioned.
Most cars that come with some kind of track pack don't include any radio whatsoever, let alone non functional body parts.

Why would they still offer leather, automatic seats and other such comforts? I don't see as how cosmetic body panels would be any different. Sure it's all for looks, but who's the customer is really the only question that matters.

[edit] Also, the navigation system WAS available with the track pack....

Last edited by VRFlip; 08-06-2009 at 10:17 AM.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:54 AM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

If the spoiler was that functional, it would be on the car. Its just like the Bullitt. Simple stripped down GT with better suspension.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:21 AM
VRFlip
2nd Gear Member

Ya, that's a good point about the spoiler. Still, I find it strange that the interior can be configured as per normal GT, with the exception of the stereo (maybe due to added weight from the sub?).

Oh well, I think those various body parts though useless, make the car look really mean, and really add to the throw back retro looks. I'll post some pictures when it's all done.

Thanks for the comments guys.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:14 PM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JDWalton
IMHO, until ford makes the hood scoop functional in some way shape or form, completely useless.

As for all that other stuff, makes perfect sense.

"Track Pack" How many track cars do you see with all sorts of superfluous or creature comfort mods. The goal is to make it as light and aerodynamic as possible, so a non functional hood scoop, or "wind catcher" and a list of other bulky body panels and weighted accessories would not make sense on the "track pack"

If this is what you want, save extra money I am sure your paying for the track pack, get all the creature comforts you want in the form of a regular GT, and drop in a moderate priced suspension kit....
+1000 It makes perfect sense to me too! Why would you order the fastest Mustang GT and slow it down with fake scoops and speaker boxes. As JDWalton mentioned, the pedastal spoiler is not functional. The boy-racer looking wing spoiler on the FR500C is functional, but wouldn't look right on a production car.

Quick Reply: Ordered 2010 with Track Pack... some odd restrictions though....