Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Look what i found on my new @2010 gt

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 03:13 PM
dominant1
3rd Gear Member

Default Look what i found on my new @2010 gt

I bought my 2010 Mustang gt Sunday 6/28/09 a few days later i gave my car a close inspection, and found that the front valance was scraped as if it was bottomed out on the passenger side of the car. I called my salesman and he told me to bring it down and we will look at it.. They Manager looked at it and said they will fix it at the dealer's expense..They moved the repair to winner auto body in my area closer to my home. The body shop finally got the right parts in last week and the fix is scheduled for 08/17..finally!!.. I took a closer look at the car today make sure i didn't miss any other damage in that area and i found that the bottom of my condenser sits just above the damaged area and in that area the condenser is pushed up and damaged see attached photos...The dealer and i determined that this valance damage occurred when the car was unloaded from the transport truck....The dealer should have saw this damage when my car was prepped and i suggest you guys check your mustangs since the front valance does sit low on these cars...and everyone knows how the truck un-loaders drive these cars when they get unloaded...

Old 08-16-2009, 04:11 PM
BlazzinSaddles

No matter how many times I look at a car before signing the paperwork, I always manage to find all the flaws after I get home. And that's even having the boss and kid check things over LOL. Hope that it all comes out to your satisfaction.
Old 08-16-2009, 04:22 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

You'd be amazed at how many cars get damaged upon unloading at the dealer's lot...
Most of the time it's small stuff but once in a while, you have a big booboo.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:47 PM
GrayGhost01GT
4th Gear Member

man that sucks im going to go out and check mine tommrrow. Hey does Winner have any roushs or High performance stangs anymore. I noticed their inventory in Dover was getting low these last few months!
Old 08-17-2009, 03:05 AM
dominant1
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by GrayGhost01GT
man that sucks im going to go out and check mine tommrrow. Hey does Winner have any roushs or High performance stangs anymore. I noticed their inventory in Dover was getting low these last few months!
They didn't have any roush mustangs when i was there to buy mine...They had a couple of premiums fully loaded on the showroom, and 7 basic gt's, 1 of which i bought... I was able to send the pics to my salesman via text and he responded saying he will show them to his manager today....Its going to be a busy week for my car. Today the damaged valance gets fixed, Friday she gets an eibach sportline spring kit with eibach sway bars front and rear, a steeda adjustable pan-hard bar and a steeda strut tower brace....then hopefully i can set an appointment to get the ac condenser replaced. Then its exhaust...from the cats back........cant wait til she's done!!
Old 08-17-2009, 11:46 AM
afoust50
1st Gear Member

I work at a dealership and one of our 2010 Escapes got hydraulic fluid from the transport truck leaked all over the hood and pretty much ruined it.. Whenever my mustang shows up on the transport truck, I'll go outside and unload it myself lol
Old 08-17-2009, 03:00 PM
dominant1
3rd Gear Member

update: because the damage is directly above the scraped area meaning it was pushed up into the condensor, i was told they will order the part today...and they will pay for it...no problem...its a good thing that the my dealer manager also drives a 08 mustang gt to work everyday....
Old 08-17-2009, 05:59 PM
GrayGhost01GT
4th Gear Member

Dominat 1 Well your story of your condensor and your valnce getting messed up had me a little up tight, so today I was looking at my car, and now me too are going to have to go back to the dealer I bought mine from Preston Ford, My rear bumper is got a gap in it compared to the drivers side, and the bottom passengers door feels like it is rough as if it did not get clear coated and there is a scrap right above where the clear coat starts like the machine bumped the car and dident get the lower half of my car! ill post pics later tonight!
Old 08-28-2009, 08:56 AM
dominant1
3rd Gear Member

UPDATE: The dealer completed the work on my ac condenser at no charge to me, they fulfilled my every request.....even giving me a loaner car so i did'nt have to miss any time from work. Kudos to "Winner Ford of Dover Delaware" .....
Old 08-28-2009, 03:04 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Glad to hear all went well and the dealer stepped up with the rental car.

Quick Reply: Look what i found on my new @2010 gt