Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Insider info on 2011 updates and more!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 05:57 PM
Nuieve

Originally Posted by ring3r
I'll pick up a GT Premium with the new Trackpack.

IF, and this is a big if, I can get it for less than 33k. My current dealer is quoting me 30k out the door for a GT Premium with trackpack, stripes, upgraded interior, and a few other little things...the car stickers at ~34k...so 4k off MSRP. If the new GT with the 6 speed, trackpack, and 400hp can be had in premium trim for 36k, I'll be able to get a deal for ~4k under that and still swing below my self imposed price cap....

Here's hoping!
You forgot tax and fee in your calculations. You're getting more than 4k off... (30 OTD vs 34 sticker)
Old 09-02-2009, 06:23 PM
inyadreems
2nd Gear Member

Default 2011 Ford Mustang specs hit the Web

2011 Ford Mustang specs hit the Web

Posted By Drew Johnson On September2 @ 6:34 pm In Convertible, Coupe, Ford News, High-Performance | 4 Comments

Ford updated the Mustang for the 2010 model year, but largely ignored the car’s engine bay. However, that will likely change for the 2011 model year, with details of the Mustang’s new powertrains hitting the Web on Wednesday.

As previously reported on these pages, the base Mustang will be powered by Ford’s 3.7L V6 for the 2011 model year. Although that engine produces 273 horsepower in Lincoln applications, power will be ramped up to 315 horsepower for the Mustang, according to The Mustang Source. That represents a significant increase of 105 horsepower over the current V6-powered Mustang and an 11 horsepower advantage of the Chevrolet Camaro V6.

A 400 horsepower 5.0L V8 motor will also be joining the Mustang lineup for 2011. Dubbed ‘Coyote’, the new mill will be used in the Mustang GT model and will be available with a six-speed manual transmission – something the Camaro has offered since 1993.

Combined with Ford’s latest track pack, the 2011 Mustang GT reportedly lapped Michigan’s GingerMan Raceway dead-even with the current BMW M3 — despite a 200 pound weight disadvantage.

Because Ford’s 365 horsepower EcoBoost motor would leave little to differentiate the V6 Mustang from the 400 horsepower V8 model, there are no current plans to use the turbocharged engine in the Mustang in the immediate future. However, the Mustang GT will likely see a power boost in the coming years, possibly opening the door for a turbocharged Mustang.

Other changes to the Mustang line for 2011 include an aluminum block for the Shelby GT500 model. A Boss model is on tap for 2012.

Article printed from Leftlane – news, reviews, and info for the auto-industry: http://www.leftlanenews.com

URL to article: http://www.leftlanenews.com/2011-for...t-the-web.html

Click
Old 09-02-2009, 06:28 PM
KITT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustangcat
2015? Wow your patient!

I'm picking one up in 2011...It's no coincidence thats the same year I graduate college. I did SUCH a good job in college, I just have to award myself with a Coyote!
i have a lot of other debt to pay off first.........and we need to buy a house before that as well. LOL
Old 09-02-2009, 06:31 PM
KITT
1st Gear Member

if the Boss comes out in 2012. MAYBE MAYBE MAYBE i could get it in 2014.

it really depends on how much they are brand new............which we currently dont know..........

my prediction is that it will start at $38k
Old 09-02-2009, 07:13 PM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by inyadreems
2011 Ford Mustang specs hit the Web

Posted By Drew Johnson On September2 @ 6:34 pm In Convertible, Coupe, Ford News, High-Performance | 4 Comments

Ford updated the Mustang for the 2010 model year, but largely ignored the car’s engine bay. However, that will likely change for the 2011 model year, with details of the Mustang’s new powertrains hitting the Web on Wednesday.

As previously reported on these pages, the base Mustang will be powered by Ford’s 3.7L V6 for the 2011 model year. Although that engine produces 273 horsepower in Lincoln applications, power will be ramped up to 315 horsepower for the Mustang, according to The Mustang Source. That represents a significant increase of 105 horsepower over the current V6-powered Mustang and an 11 horsepower advantage of the Chevrolet Camaro V6.

A 400 horsepower 5.0L V8 motor will also be joining the Mustang lineup for 2011. Dubbed ‘Coyote’, the new mill will be used in the Mustang GT model and will be available with a six-speed manual transmission – something the Camaro has offered since 1993.

Combined with Ford’s latest track pack, the 2011 Mustang GT reportedly lapped Michigan’s GingerMan Raceway dead-even with the current BMW M3 — despite a 200 pound weight disadvantage.

Because Ford’s 365 horsepower EcoBoost motor would leave little to differentiate the V6 Mustang from the 400 horsepower V8 model, there are no current plans to use the turbocharged engine in the Mustang in the immediate future. However, the Mustang GT will likely see a power boost in the coming years, possibly opening the door for a turbocharged Mustang.

Other changes to the Mustang line for 2011 include an aluminum block for the Shelby GT500 model. A Boss model is on tap for 2012.

Article printed from Leftlane – news, reviews, and info for the auto-industry: http://www.leftlanenews.com

URL to article: http://www.leftlanenews.com/2011-for...t-the-web.html

Click

Leftlanenews.com
and autoblog.com are both citing the same source that Kitt used to get his info. An anonymous guy on the Mustangsource.com that goes by TheInsider. Here is the tread he started that is causing the uproar -> Click <-.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:26 PM
Sirsilent
2nd Gear Member

Bad news for people who bought the 2010 model if that is true.

The numbers look nice but don't make the car prettier. I am waiting for a face lift (or should I say *** lift?).
Old 09-02-2009, 07:28 PM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

It's too bad they have to be so nice and not "screw over" every GT owner in history by not putting the ecoboost in...

That would be pretty awesome.

Although they already are screwing over S197 owners with the 315 HP V6 lol...
These new cars Ford's pushing out are going to be crazy fast for stock cars - I can't wait to see some numbers though

Last edited by maxshuty; 09-02-2009 at 07:31 PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:01 PM
threadbare

Default Why would you buy a 2010 now?

I saw this info too today
http://acceltimes.com/news/9/ford-20...specs-leak.php

...but it made me wonder... why on earth would you buy a 2010 now that you know how much better the next is? Gunna be tough on the salesfloor.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:47 PM
99RedStang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by threadbare
I saw this info too today
http://acceltimes.com/news/9/ford-20...specs-leak.php

...but it made me wonder... why on earth would you buy a 2010 now that you know how much better the next is? Gunna be tough on the salesfloor.
Why do you think Ford still hasn't officially confirmed this news yet? They still need to sell '10's.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:52 PM
KITT
1st Gear Member

well look at it this way............around august of next year you will likely be able to get a 2010 GT premium for under $30k on clearence.

so if you dont give a crap about 400HP and have always wanted a mustang........there you go.........your sold!

Quick Reply: Insider info on 2011 updates and more!