Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Powertrain Confirmed

Old 09-04-2009, 10:08 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by torch red
All good points by all you 2010 owners...u bought for your own reason...i applaud you

As a die hard Mustang guy..the 2011 is way over due in terms of engine and HP..Ford knows it has to compete now with Chevy and Dodge..and with no competition over the last 10+ years, they could get away with 260 HP GT then 300 HP.. now 315 HP... no offense but they NEED 400 HP ..now...with a base 304HP for a V6 Chevy and 426 V8 its a must now for Ford..Competition is a good thing...and if Ford wants my money again, i want and need 400 HP..

Yes it might be hot when it comes out...but patience..at the end of the year there will be 20 in a lot and thats when i will make a move.. I am not buying a 2010 so i can spend another 5k on a blower..thats just silly..i had a 06..and i loved it..but it needed 400 HP

Ford needs this 5.0 to compete and for me i am patient..i would rather wait..but like one member said on here...he got his 2010 for his own reasons..and thats great..

but for me my reasons is waiting for that 5.0 400HP baby...and yes it will happen it has to..competition is a great thing..thank god for Chevy and Dodge...it will give us a better mustang in the future..and we will all benefit..

I could care less how much the V6 has in HP..most of us members don't have the V6...must Mustang enthusiasts don't buy V6..period.. but Ford knows that a base 300 V6 will like the 304 HP Chevy will get alot more enthusiasts in that base car like the Chevy has...

I will wait.. in the mean time i will watch and learn from all you 2010 guys...

if only i could afford the GT 500!!
What??? "Mustang enthusiasts don't buy V6...period"??? You are CRAZY! I AM A MUSTANG ENTUSIASTS WHO DOES NOT GIVE A RATS BUTT ABOUT HP BUT I CARE ABOUT EVERYTHING ELSE!
If you read some of the previous posts you will see 2010 Mustang owners already whinning about having a GT knowing that in a few years a V6 is going to have more hp.....but who really CARES? There will always be somebody FASTER than YOU! You can only go so fast in the city anyway! I'm proud I drive a MUSTANG!
Old 09-04-2009, 10:26 PM
HoorayBeer
2nd Gear Member

only *****'s buy mustangs. and they say, "you are what u eat." That makes me a ***** and i bought a mustang.
Old 09-05-2009, 03:13 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by wilkinda
LOL..after our conversation yesterday about ignorance of people thinking only GT's are REAL Mustangs i just knew you would be chiming in all over that comment
Yep, the GTs are REAL and so all other Stangs that came out of the factory...
If I can see them and touch them, they're REAL, lol.

Like I told you, we were playing with V8 long before some little pricklets reached sperm state...
And then, when said pricklets reach pimple face state, they magically know it all.
Old 09-05-2009, 03:40 PM
THEBLACKSTANG
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by torch red
All good points by all you 2010 owners...u bought for your own reason...i applaud you

As a die hard Mustang guy..the 2011 is way over due in terms of engine and HP..Ford knows it has to compete now with Chevy and Dodge..and with no competition over the last 10+ years, they could get away with 260 HP GT then 300 HP.. now 315 HP... no offense but they NEED 400 HP ..now...with a base 304HP for a V6 Chevy and 426 V8 its a must now for Ford..Competition is a good thing...and if Ford wants my money again, i want and need 400 HP..

Yes it might be hot when it comes out...but patience..at the end of the year there will be 20 in a lot and thats when i will make a move.. I am not buying a 2010 so i can spend another 5k on a blower..thats just silly..i had a 06..and i loved it..but it needed 400 HP

Ford needs this 5.0 to compete and for me i am patient..i would rather wait..but like one member said on here...he got his 2010 for his own reasons..and thats great..

but for me my reasons is waiting for that 5.0 400HP baby...and yes it will happen it has to..competition is a great thing..thank god for Chevy and Dodge...it will give us a better mustang in the future..and we will all benefit..

I could care less how much the V6 has in HP..most of us members don't have the V6...must Mustang enthusiasts don't buy V6..period.. but Ford knows that a base 300 V6 will like the 304 HP Chevy will get alot more enthusiasts in that base car like the Chevy has...

I will wait.. in the mean time i will watch and learn from all you 2010 guys...

if only i could afford the GT 500!!
Wow, thats not ignorant at all.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:34 PM
laterider
2nd Gear Member

Did anyone read that article on the V6 Camaro (wish I could find it now), that stated 'V6 pony cars' were for trailer park mullet head wanna be's or something like that. Now that's f'ing insulting. I'd probably wear a mullet if I could grow one :-(, and I don't care where you live its who you are that counts. The article of course was headed in the direction that the V6 camaro breaks away from the above rule..

My enthusiast world happens to be an '09 V6. Sure lots of rides on the road can blow my doors in, but I like the way it rides and I'm very happy that I don't have to drive a FRONT WHEEL drive car - I don't like the way they feel and can't steer straight in one - lol. I get a smile whenever I drive the '09.
Is the 2011 315 V6 a slap in the face to me?, no way, maybe I can afford a follow on year some day. I'm glad the new stangs are only getting better and there isn't an S197 II coming out... Hope they keep that gold color going too.:-)

What was my point?... oh yea - for me its "long live rear wheel drive".. Thats my enthusiast world at this point and if the wife ever lets loose some cash I'll mod it a bit.. I wonder if that's being an enthusiast...

Why am I in the 2010 forum, oh yea, I like the new body style too and was lurking about...
Old 09-10-2009, 02:21 PM
bgmikejr2009

To all:

My mom works at the Truck Plant in Detroit and I just got a text and she states to me that the V6 Ecoboost motor and the 5.0 Liter V8 will be options for the 2011 Mustang. This means depending on what package you buy will depict what motor you get. Since I just got this info like 5 minutes ago this means I will be saving up for a new 5.0 for sure Hope this clears up the post but she also told me this is subject to change but as of right now per research and development Ford want's to make the two motors options for the 2011 model year.

Take care all
Old 09-10-2009, 03:46 PM
Rollin Thunder
2nd Gear Member

I think I have the perfect plan. Im going to buy a 10 this fall (hopefully if things work out) then when the 5.0 comes in Im going to trade my silverado for an f150 with the 5.0. Best of both worlds!!!!!
Old 09-10-2009, 04:10 PM
GTI-Guy
2nd Gear Member

Hey, I'm happy to stir the pot

Horsepower is for guys that don't know how to drive well enough to maintain momentum

Okay, it's fun though, but really, a pro road course guy driving a Camry could pass most of us driving high hp cars
Old 09-10-2009, 05:04 PM
inspecto

Ya want to bet??
Old 09-10-2009, 05:29 PM
NickelDime
1st Gear Member

This is the second forum update that involves a kick *** Mom.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2011 Powertrain Confirmed