Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Mustang Price Negotiations

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 05:34 PM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

Well dude this one seems to be a much better deal.
http://www.ricartford.com/new-invent...1fad6c0aad.htm
But it seems that most of these are Deluxe models. It's all up to your budget of coarse, but I would recommend the premium. I was going to buy Deluxe and glad I didn't. For a few extra bucks the premium is well worth it.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:52 PM
tenwatt

Originally Posted by chronos
Well dude this one seems to be a much better deal.
http://www.ricartford.com/new-invent...1fad6c0aad.htm
But it seems that most of these are Deluxe models. It's all up to your budget of coarse, but I would recommend the premium. I was going to buy Deluxe and glad I didn't. For a few extra bucks the premium is well worth it.

no I'm definitely looking for a Premium. I'm going to head out there saturday and see what I can find out. if we start around $30k from a $34 MSRP then add A-Plan it should be looking good. I'm also tempted to wait until november to see what new incentives come out. I get the feeling Ford is going to push hard to get the 2010 moved out before they announce the 2011 engines in Dec.

by the way I also drove a Camaro V6 and an SS tonight. Lets just say if I can't find a Ford dealer who wants to deal I won't be too bummed out to go ahead and wait until spring and get an SS. Wow what a rush that car is.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:16 AM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

I know what you're saying but here are a couple of things to consider. First, pick the car you like the most. That one should be obvious. Second as far as incentives go, there is a fine line, or a sweet spot where you just have to go for it. I'll give you an example of what I mean. I bought my 09 back in May. At the time Ford had $3K rebates. I debated back and forth if I should wait and see if the rebates got bigger. I also had to debate the part about choices in colors and features since I had to chose from dealer stock and could not order the 09s any more (no more were being produced). I decided to go ahead and get mine and just say the heck with it if the rebates got bigger. Well, it's almost 6 months later and the rebates are still at $3K. If I had waited I would have missed out on getting the color and features I wanted and would not have gained anything. So it's a gamble and don't count too much on incentives getting really high. On the Camaro, only thing I would suggest is drive it again and be sure you can drive it safely. I sat in one and could not see out of it to feel safe. It has very poor visibility. I am just an average 6ft, 200lb guy, but the Mustang has better visibility. I am a very defensive driver, so for me that was important, maybe it is for you, maybe not, I dunno. I would also suggest reading some Camaro forums. I have read through a few and they are having lots of problems. If you don't mind dealing with all the first run glitches, then ignore what I said. The Mustang I find gives you more bang for the buck, (more features at less cost, a spare tire at no extra cost, etc) and that is coming from a Former Camaro driver.
Old 10-22-2009, 03:34 PM
tenwatt

All great points and thanks for the feedback.

I am really split between the Camaro SS at this point and the Mustang GT Premium. I love the interior, features, and manual transmission of the Mustang. on the Camaro the SS engine is amazing, suspension is refined yet athletic and the exterior design is gorgeous.

The MSRP's of the two cars are going to be about the same between a 1SS and a GT Premium but I'm going to be paying sticker on the Camaro. The Mustang has some incentives plus I get A-plan. Bottom line the Mustang is going to save me a nice wad of cash.

So my plan right now is to head to a few more Ford dealers and see if I can get a deal on the table that I can't refuse. if that doesn't happen then I'll likely go the Camaro route. Either way it would be a good idea to get the deal done before Jan 1 so I can get the tax deduction on the sales tax.

by the way the first year thing doesn't bother me too much. I also own a '09 Flex so I'm used to some kinks. It's all under warranty and I don't keep cars for more than 3 years normally anyway.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:55 PM
smike308

When you guys talk about "X-Plan" and "A-Plan", what are you referring to? TIA
Old 10-22-2009, 07:42 PM
tenwatt

Originally Posted by smike308
When you guys talk about "X-Plan" and "A-Plan", what are you referring to? TIA
A-Plan is a discounted price for Ford employees and immediate family. should be the cheapest price possible on a new Ford vehicle.

X-Plan is a discount for partner companies and affiliates.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:31 AM
smike308

tenwatt-- Thanks much for the information.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:20 AM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

I had a guy and his wife that I work with drive my Mustang yesterday. I ASKED THEM TO DRIVE IT because they pre-ordered a Camaro convertible. After the drive they both were amazed at how much better it was than the 2008 They had test driven back in early '09 (it was new). Today they are going to drive a new 2010 Mustang GT Convertible to see how it compares to my hard-top. Both stated after driving my car, they might seriously just get the Mustang!!

Shame most people that I know that are talking about a new Camaro have NOT driven a new 2010 mustang because they think it is the same old mustang they drove years ago..... It's NOT!!!
Old 10-23-2009, 07:21 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Let them be Wilki...
Mustangs never stop production for a reason.

Also, now that Gov. Motors is what it is, let's watch what happens from here.
I just hope that they won't botch the Corvette because it finally got to the point where they can be proud of it, and rightly so.
Old 10-23-2009, 02:05 PM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

I agree with Pascal, that in all the years the Mustang has been in production, it has never missed a beat. It has never stopped being produced for a year (like the vet), and has never been canceled and revived (Camaro) and that is something we can be proud of. Yes, it has had some crappy incarnations, but that's just life. Right now, I think it's a great American Sports car once again, and that too is something to be proud of. I'm just making a wild guess, but I think Ford will survive, and Government Motors will not. It may not be tomorrow, but eventually it may either die out or get gobbled up by someone else. Look at what has happened to Dodge.

Quick Reply: New Mustang Price Negotiations